Is it just me or does this game suck at night?

swager21
swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

Queues at night take 10 minutes and the people you get matched with are godawful. Seriously, I feel robbed when I have to wait 10 minutes just to get 2 teammates that are crouching in a corner. They also drop pallets when the killer is 10 meters away. Queues in the morning are almost instant + the people I play with aren't complete idiots. Can anyone explain why this game is 5 times more frustrating at night? I feel like I can't play this game past 7 PM

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

What region, though?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah same here (also EU) as killer I seem to get only deathsquads or actual grey ranks. Survivor it's hard to comment on the quality of the games, I'm not willing to wait 20 minutes to get one

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

It's the same in USA east coast in the evening and night. Survivor queues are at best 5-10 minutes. It's prime time and there aren't enough killers to fill all the games.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

Same here, I always feel grateful whenever I have an afternoon off to play lol

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,064

I don't play killer at night. Survivor queues take ages, but I'd rather have that than all the bully squads that crawl out of the woodwork. It's like matchmaking throws its hands in the air and gives up any pretense of working.

• Polishnope
    Polishnope Member Posts: 130

Yeah i literally get cheater/lagswitcher but somehow i managed to slug them even tho he haved the soulguard + no mither

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You play worse when sleep deprived.

• swager21

its not that im sleep deprived, its that my teammates are dumber than usual and matchmaking takes 10 minutes

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Here its the opposite. At late night i find sweaty swf as killer and as survivor the queue is faster than playing at noon or afternoon. Killer queue it's always instant.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Mines the same. I used to play hours a day like pretty much all day.

But recent events of how the matches are, especially at night I can't seem to play any longer than 2 to 3 hours on a good day. Recently I haven't been able to get a match during the evening until at least 10-15 minutes. and when I do seem to just get idiots as a team or a bully on the end chat getting all salty or toxic, despite whether or not the killer has won I still get the odd "EZ" like yeah nice one mate, well done, gg πŸ‘ even though it was the worst match of the day, instant gg shows I'm not a salty person.

The match making is terrible as well and extremely unbalanced than it would be usually during the day. I dunno man... πŸ˜• I'm from the UK and seems to be just as long queue times during the night. So you're definitely not alone there. Hope it gets better for you buddy, or you have a better game tomorrow x

• SammiieK1991

Yo I instantly fail skill checks when I'm half asleep then wonder how the killer knew i was at that gen πŸ˜‚ like usually when I'm wide awake I know if I fail that check to move to another one or get a safe distance to hide. When I'm sleepy I literally get angry at how the game went and not think about how I could of prevented being captured by moving pronto! πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

• swager21

thats weird, at night i mostly hit great skill checks. probably cause im way more focused

• SammiieK1991

Ah maybe I need to do a warm up tutorial to wake my brain cells back up either that or a few espressos πŸ˜‚

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I believe it , when I decide to play solo some idiot with like 1/16th of a braincell is there to remind me why I should just play killer if I don't have anyone to party with

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79

I am in the north American region so I might have a similar experience and explanation. During the day there tends to be good survivor que times because there is enough of a player base to sustain both sides. However at night when people are off work/school they tend to group up more so there are less killers playing and bigger groups or survivors. There is unfortunately no real solution to this its just the nature of asymmetrical games combined with society's time compliance.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

I'm on the East Coast in the USA and have the same issues around that time. It takes about 10 minutes to get a match as a solo survivor, and when I do, I usually get put into groups with teammates who are either relatively new to the game or don't do objectives. I'm rank one, and it isn't uncommon for me to get at least one brown-rank teammate a match while the killer is a red rank.Β However, it really isn't the fault of your teammates, but rather the matchmaking and ranking system in the game.

While I can understand the system is doing that kind of matchmaking to stop people from waiting too long, that kind of matchmaking isn't enjoyable, and it causes me to play less survivor. I've been playing as a solo survivor for years, and while the quality of people you get matched with has constantly varied, I never remember it being so consistently bad. Hopefully, things improve as the developers begin to implement the MMR system.Β Β 

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited May 2021

Killers stop playing and swf number increase.

As swf numbers increase, players that may have been solo earlier are now playing with online acquaintances reducing the "good" players and leaving the casuals and new players for solo.

AKA swf ruins literally everything in this game.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,869

Do you have cross play enabled?

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

US Central time:

5 AM to 5 PM: Fast survivor queues. Decent killer queues. Game is essentially as good as it gets. As a solo survivor I have no control who I go against though.

6 PM to Midnight: Queues slow down by like one minute per hour. Get more SWFs.

Midnight to 3 AM: Misery. No point in spending ten minutes waiting for a survivor queue. Just play killer. Most players are also jerks during this time.

3 Am to 5 AM: The queue sloooowly starts to speed up and the game becomes a bit normal again.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

Its the same in US EAST 2. Had a 10 minute wait and had literal rank 20's. Didn't stop the rank 10 wraith from acting like hot stuff and trash talking while bm'ing rank 20 survivors. Killers at this time of night are unbearable with how stuck up they are.

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 182

I don't agree honestly. The most optimal times I get fast loading lobbies are around 10PM to 1AM Eastern time. I usually have to wait about 2-5 minutes, and boom, I'm in. I guess I must be an outlier.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I think your title is wrong

You added the words "at night" at the end of your title which I don't think are needed.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2021

Yeah EU at night is the worst, as Survivor you get rainbow treammates who get nothing done, as Killer you get rainbow Survivors and stomping gets boring very fast. IMO is better to turn off the game once its GMT 23:00.

On a sidenote night is the best time to attempt Killer Adepts.

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

I play on EU servers and 10am to around 11pm is normally pretty chill and fun matches for the most part. But anytime past midnight where I’m against / with people from different time zones it’s normally a complete sweat fest. *shudders*

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 338

Play in the day, decent matches. Play at night, matched with bots and matches are a complete ######### show.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The problem is a general lack of killers during prime time. Thats why survivors have long queues and killers get matched against survivors that have 10 times more playtime.

Solution: give people more incentives to play killer. (nerfing them isnΒ΄t really an incentive)

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Survivor I don't bother with at night as queues are too long.

Killer queues are nigh instant but you either get a green rank team thats been queueing for 30 minutes and just grabbed you instantly or a 4 man SWF with 2 TTVs and 3 flashlights. I don't mind playing good teams or even SWFs but even I can admit it can be rather stressful against a very well co-ordinated team. I have more fun against these teams since I started playing for hooks over kills so I don't feel robbed when I end a game with 8-9 hooks but only 1 kill.

Those matches are very fun to me, I love a challenge, but when it's EVERY game at that time it can be very draining.