Spirit's so called counterplay's

Itslat3ncy
Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know another spirit post, but I've read a lot of post about her and people are convinced there is counter play to her. I'm here to tell you the very truth. The only counterplay a spirit has is using a god pallet or god window that's it. There's no other counterplay to her and I will explain why many of the supposed counters to her are wrong.

The first one is running back through your scratch marks. This is by far the most stupid one to do because you literally are running back towards the spirit and will run head on into her and she will down you. Don't ever do this because a spirit with a brain will instantly get you.

The second counter play I hear is to hold w and break line of sight. This still doesn't work because the spirit will phase to you and catch you before you can make it anywhere. Also breaking line of sight doesn't help because she uses sound to track you not scratch marks, scratch marks are the very least the spirit should worry about. Also you are invisible to the spirit already if she phases so how would breaking line of sight help in the first place.

The third counter is slow vaulting windows or pallets. This also doesn't work because you guessed it, you make noise still while slow vaulting. The survivor makes a moaning while slow vaulting. I know it isn't loud, but is still easily heard if your paying attention. Also slow vaulting into a fast vault doesn't work because when you fast vault dust kicks up into the air on the side you fast vaulted.

The last counterplay that I I've seen is the reverse pallet drop. You drop the pallet infront of you instead of running through and dropping it. Again this doesn't work because of sound. The spirit can hear your breathing and when injured moaning. Alls she has to do is to 50% around to pallet here what side you on and come out and hit you. Also you through the pallet in the direction that the spirit is coming from so if she desides to go head on towards the pallet your screwed.

That is all I have on the Spirit counterplay. I am open to hearing your guys thoughts on the matter (please be civil) and maybe you can try to change my mind on it, but for know the only counter to spirit IMO is using a god pallet or window.

Comments

• Itslat3ncy

Thx for closing it before anyone could respond.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

As I've pointed out to you, your thread is not closed - if it were, you couldn't have commented on it.

• Itslat3ncy

My bad I posted that comment before that. I still dont think that my post should have been moved to feedback and suggestions which sounds like a devs only place when I made it so the community could read it and react. If it isnt my bad but it seems like it

• konochivu
    konochivu Member Posts: 146

The only thing is a flashlight. Removes her ability to fake power and if you blind her during the phase, she will be put out of her phase (I dunno why they didn't give her light burn like on wraith/nurse but yeah).

• Itslat3ncy

You can blind her while she phasing? I never knew that

• 7AJFUN
    7AJFUN Member Posts: 26

To be honest, there is no counterplay. Also things, you mentoined are not counterplay. It's just that you guessed something what she might do, IF she is not really good at playing Spirit. If she is paying attention to sound, she will always phase on top on your head, even if you will try to do all these "mindgames" together in one phase.

She needs desperate rework more than any other killer in the game.

Right after that, there needs to be Deadslinger.