What's more fun/less stressful to play? Killer or Survivor?

dtavares7
dtavares7 Member Posts: 36

I've been having fun with killer up to now (rank 5) and I think I've hit the wall where it goes from being fun to being too stressful

Answers

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Killer 100%, I have 0 stress playing survivor but playing killer especially when I get back to red rank omfg, I can't run fun build anymore if I want to win, I need to sweat, It's a whole other game.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    edited May 2021

Solo survivor is stressful, But killer is worse than that. So I would go with survivor.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Killer in upper red ranks vs sweaty teams, forget about it. Survivor is overall less stressful.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Personally I think killer is more fun, but also more stressful. The highs are higher, but the lows are lower, and it's way more common to have the other team blatantly troll you in the match.

Solo survivor, there's nothing riding on you, so it's not that stressful, but you rarely make it out alive and you are very much at the mercy of all the other players. Killer, I have more opportunity to control the match and play as I want to.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

depends on what stresses you

If you can't multitask - killer

If you can't deal with dumbasses holding your team back, survivor

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 627

It's all subjective, some people like me find killer more relaxing, and others will find killer more stressful and survivor more relaxing.

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307

Solo survivor is the most stressful thing in the game IMO. Killer is fun at all rank as long as you don’t expect a 4K every match.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Eh, I'd say their both stressful in their own rights. Games can go really poorly, really quickly on both ends. It's just that with Survivor, there's a really good chance that you can't control it. (You have a bit more control as Killer, especially against the average Survivor group- it's just that matchmaking is everywhere rn.)

Personally, I think Killer is worse, but that's more because I just find the role unfun. I only boot up the game these days to have fun with friends, so the Killer role is unappealing by default. (Plus, I prefer the whole teamwork thing... never been a fan of 1v1s or being the 1 vs a large group.)

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I love playing Killer, it's way more fun for me. However I can't deny that Survivor is (usually) less stressful. You have low points built into the game mechanics and you are 1 person on a 4 man team so it isn't all up to you. Killers fly solo and are always on the hunt.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Killer is more stressful, but survivor is more depressing.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Solo survivor

Killer

SWF

In that order from most stressful to least

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I find killer easier but more stressful and boring, I find survivor more frustrating but it can be much more fun. I’m a rank 2 killer and rank 6 survivor currently.

I personally enjoy killer because you have control of the game, I don’t struggle to get a 3-4k, only thing I have to worry about is getting a bad map or flashlight clickers. As survivor I’m dealing with unpredictable randoms and a killer who will slap me on the hook for running them for a little while even when I’m not even toxic.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

I like playing both. if survivor queue takes forever, I switch to killer

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

Once you learn how to play the game, neither is stressful as you will realize how bad most people are at the game. Most people are bad because it is such a unique game, so there isn't much outside experience to be had, unlike an FPS game. The ranking system also allows people with less than 500 hours into the highest rank quite easily, so killer often isn't much of a challenge once you master the fundamentals. If you are getting stressed, it happens. The main thing I would say is just realize how meaningless each individual match is. You'll still get BP if that's what you're after, you can rank back up easily if you care about that, and if losing makes you think that you're bad, everyone has a poor match or two. Just have fun, it's perfectly understandable and expected for people to lose games.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

I would say survivor is much less stressful but the killer is much more fun. You have so much off time as survivor, you spend most of your time holding left click and any mistakes you do are 4 times as less important compared to killers. But on the other hand, as a killer you alone are controlling the whole game, you make the game altering decisions and every mistake you make matters significantly, which is a lot more stressful but also a lot more fun.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Killer is more stressful.

Survivor is -by far- more frustrating especially solo.