the game should just end at 20 minutes.

Options
deckyr
deckyr Member Posts: 752
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

so tired of survivors taking my games hostage because two people died. they died! get over it and die with them, i want to do my next game.

if you can't fix 5 gens and then leave in 20 minutes then you don't deserve to get out, and if you want to hide in lockers for 20 minutes then you definitely don't deserve to get out.

good lord.

am i fresh off the back of an absolutely rancid game where two survivors decided to take it hostage? perhaps.

/rant

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740
    Options

If your having trouble finding survors may I recommend whispers perk

• deckyr
    Options

god yes. literally anything to prevent them just deciding not to play and being babies because i did my job. touch one generator every 6 minutes (not a huge ask) or get a crow. hopefully if you don't touch a generator for 12 minutes the crows kill you for your cowardice

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43
    Options

Some kind of end game collapse modification would be cool for these situations. Like, after a certain amount time, the killer could go to the basement and interact with something there which starts a timer and mutually reveals auras but also boosts gen speeds.

• deckyr
    Options

on a level 1 plague?? and why should i be committed to a perk because of a playstyle that's actually bannable?

• wxnickxw
    Options

Well I was going to say it's easy enough to catch survivors when the hide, they get crows if they stay to long so if your paying attention and checking every locker while moving methodically through the map you can Track down two survivors easily but infigured you'd be better off with a perknthaybdoes thay for you.

And although really slow I don't believe it's bannable for the survivors to be so good at hiding that you can't find them.

I'm curious.did you find them both together or just get one in the end? Or did they escape

• wxnickxw
    Options

Yah if there moving around you can find them, if they don't move the birds get them hensd the move methodically and pay attention part.

I dodnt realize it was bannable to not do gens, how long do the devs give before it becomes a banable? I don't play killer often but it'd be good to know so I can report next time

• deckyr
    Options

they were both together, both in basement lockers racking up "basement time" points and griefing me while they were at it.

i suspect any time i wasn't there they would be out of the lockers wiggling around the room, and then as soon as i come near, they both hop in the lockers.

survivors that are hiding while trying to accomplish something (hatch, generator) are actually trackable and findable because of crows. survivors that just do this, which is griefing, are only discoverable if you check literally every single locker on the map.

do you want to know how i found that out? 😔😔

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I'm not sure they've said specifically what the minimum amount of time is, but it's something like 15 minutes. If it gets close to or surpasses 15 minutes of survivors not touching a generator, then report them in-game and also submit a ticket with video evidence (it requires both).

• wxnickxw
    Options

Well If its any consolation they don't get infinite basement points I'm pretty sure it caps out pretty quick.

Also yah gotta check the basement they figure you won't go there becuase you think a survivor wouldnt go there

• wxnickxw
    Options

Oh it's touching gens thay prevents the ban?,

In the few games I've played through this I would find a gen with a little progress I figured to keep the crows away guess it was to prevent being banned.

I wondered why they poked the gens I figurednit would have been safer to be as far away from then as possible so that's where I started looking. Now I know

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Problem is that it’s so hard to prove that survivors are intentionally staying away from generators, even if you’re recording a game.

I agree there has to be a way to speed up the end of the game after 20 minutes or so. Some kind of mechanism to help killer find remaining survivors if they haven’t touched a gen within X amount of time. I had a match recently where I killed two survivors pretty quickly and the two remaining didn’t touch a gen for like 20 minutes. When I finally found them and downed them I let them bleed out. I will say that these types of matches are very rare, but super annoying when you get one

• deckyr
    Options

oh my god. they can just have the survivors instantly die if they don't touch a gen in 15 minutes lol! why are these rules not enforced in the game itself?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Again, there are no hard and fast rules. If it doesn't seem like they're trying to complete the generators, report them. Let the devs decide.

When it's happened to me, it was really easy to tell, because they literally didn't touch a generator. The remaining ones all regressed to 0 and stayed there. In each case they were obviously trying to get me to disconnect (and I got really ticked in one of them because it was a double BP event and I'd burned a Gateau and it wasn't my fault the first two survivors suicided, I just wanted to farm... the remaining two hid together on the edge of the map, wanting me to disconnect on my own Gateau... oooh I was so ticked).

A bunch of us in the forums have been quite vocal about wanting the devs to prevent this from happening in the first place. It doesn't happen often to most of us, but when it does it's really frustrating.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Allow the killer to open the exit gates after 20 minutes.

Ensures games never last too long and can't be used by 3genning legion or doc to get easy kills

• deckyr
    Options

the legion or doc in this situation are actively doing their jobs by patrolling the generators and preventing them getting fixed. it's The Point of that role. your answer is literally the same as a forfeit button, when survivors shouldn't have "being boring" as a route to victory in the first place.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

I agree I had ######### survivors just hold t he game hostage by hiding in lockers

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

The developers don't want to anger the survivors though they are the real power role

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited May 2021
    Options

I love how Survivors enjoy Shift+W everywhere except the exit gates.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I would be for a global timelimit even if it means my preferred side (Killer) would be made the loser of the trial.

I'd rather be booted out like that than be stuck with some forever-hidden Survivors.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    edited May 2021
    Options

IMHO 20 minutes since the last gen pop the killer should have the option to smack open an exit gate to start a "sudden death" version of endgame collapse where the other door remains unpowered and survivors are exposed.

Harsh, but there should be a way for the killer to force the match to end if survivors are wasting their time. I'd argue if it takes over 20 minutes for the survivors to pop a gen, something is very wrong and the match might be entering hostage territory if survivors are refusing to touch generators in hopes the killer simply gives up and DC's.

Other options at the 20 minute mark could include "AFK" crows that appear even if the survivor isn't AFK, survivors auras being revealed, EGC starting immediately similar to the hatch being kicked shut, or the match just flat out ending with an "Entity Bored" screen and the killer getting some emblem compensation. (So survivors can't just hide for 20 minutes at the start of the match to force the killer to depip)

EDIT: Ideally the "Match is taking tong and nothing is happening." counter should reset every time a generator is completed or a survivor is hooked.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    Options

"I'm so tired of being slugged just so you can get the 4k. Just kill me and get it over with! You killed everyone else! Stop making my game miserable!"

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

Job of the killer is to kill, preventing gens from getting fixed is a way to achieve that but not the main focus point.

You really really don't want to make it a viable strategy to just hold a 3 gen untill match time runs out. That would just be the same being boring to win problem.

I still think the killer should be able to open the doors after a set time to prevent hostage situations such as glitched survivors or survivors who refuse to do gens when they vs an inexperienced killer who can't catch them.

It would just be a really nice addition without any downside whatsoever.

Afk crows could work a little better ofcourse but my idea fixes a lot more then just survivors hiding all day

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited May 2021
    Options

3 gen doctors piss me off... had a game last 40 minutes before the survivors just stood at hooks to end it as the killer refused to ever chase.

The survivors didn't even cause the 3 gen. He just forced it from the start of the match.

• deckyr
    Options

i'm sorry? you think hiding in a locker for 20 minutes is the same as slugging?

scientists should study you.

• VenixFiriurx
    VenixFiriurx Member Posts: 20
    Options

The game should never end, when i play a game of dbd i want it to last forever so i can do all the things imaginable with the killer, like play chess with them, go on a date, netflix & facecamp, marry them and etc.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

If its a 3 gening legion/doctor why would they ever open the gate? Them dragging it out for a slow win means that they are winning so...

I mean killers opening the gates has already failed as a stalemate stopping mechanic.

Also the if the killer is successfully stopping the survivors from doing the objective then why punish them?

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

The op suggestion was that the survivors all just die when the 20 minute mark hit. Which would just be abused by doctor or Legion holding a thight 3 gen untill the timer hits zero. We really don't want killers to be able to kill everybody without actually engaging in chases

Where did you get the idea that the legion or doctor would open the door when they are 3genning?

Also how has the killer being able to open the door fail? I have never heard complaints of survivors refusing to leave after gens are completed since it was implented. The only way it "failed" is that survivors can just delay the game before the gens are done which my suggestion fixes

Also also how does this punish killers that can stop survivors from doing their objection? Are you just saying things for the sake of saying things? Nothing i said punishes killers in any way.

It's just a way to end games that are otherwise stuck. Nothing more nothing less.

Think you miscomprehended what i said cause your responses make no sense

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

You're saying that if the survivors can't do their objective in 20 minutes they should get killed by the entity, but technically you've failed to do your objective of killing them too withing those 20 minutes.

So why should you be handed a free win for failing, while the survivors not? Killers can hold the game hostage too, a doctor or legion can just force the 3 gen and hold it until the timer is over. How can the devs differentiate between cases?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, no. I like my matches to be a little longer than just 5 or 8 minutes, at least 15 minutes. Thats what i prefer. Why should your preferences take priority over mine?

Also, its kind of funny. If it happens to you more often, then most likly you employ your killers strength to just tunnel out one or two survivors.

However, the survivors have to play stealthy then, and if you cant find them, they are also effective. Why should a win then be handed to you?

• KiPi
    KiPi Member Posts: 43
    Options

I would say - the main objective of the killer is to not let the Survivors escape. It's not just simply "kill". So if I had to chose whom to give a win to if the Survivors are not doing their objective at all and the Killer is hindering Survs from escaping - it would be the Killer. I mean why would anyone give the win to a side which is not doing their objective?

If Survivors are playing ONLY stealthy (means touching no gen at all) - they do not deserve a win in my opinion.

Even with tracking perks it can be tedious and near to impossible finding Survivors. I mean, if you have 4 people like that which are not progressing the game in any way, idk. I really think they do not deserve any win whatsoever. They also are not effective. They have not done ANYTHING to escape. I don't care if they survived so far. They were useless and inefficient.

Being stealthy while progressing the game normally is no issue - just to make that clear.

I remember having a game with old hatch mechanic where the hatch would only spawn for the last Survior if at least 2 Gens were done. Gencount was 4 and there was only 1 Survivor left. Was going for the Adept Huntress back then (means I had no whispers available). It took me AGES to find the last Survivor. I have a policy to never DC but that was taking so long, I considered it. Found the last Survivor crouching with Urban Evasion at the outer edge of the map.

I would totally be up to the idea that the game would end if for a specific amount of time nothing happened. I don't know which approach would be the best though. If it's like 'if no Surv was touching a gen in the last 5 mins the Match will automatically end with the Killer winning' or more like 'if there wasn't done a gen in the last 15 minutes the Match will automatically end with the Killer winning' or something different. But the condition must be basically game hostage. The only thing I can think of, where a Killer can keep all Survs game hostage is, if all Survs where in the basement and the Killer just blocked the way up. Or maybe that one room on the Saloonmap.

On the contrary though - how often does it happen. For me it was just 2 times in nearly 1k hours of Dbd. Once was the one described and the other one were 2 Survs on Haddonfield who did not try to get the last gen but rather be stealth and probably were hoping for each other to be the one not been found first. So I rather would see more of the bugs getting fixed than any idea to prevent such a playstyle implemented at the moment.

Also to a comment before - 'The survivors didn't even cause the 3 gen. He just forced it from the start of the match.' I would say it would be totally the Survivors fault. At the start you have all 4 Survivors left. If you can't pressure at least 2 of those 3 Gens, then the Survivors failed miserably. The way it was written it even sounded like it was known from the start that the 3Gen was forced. As long as you have enough people to do gens, a 3Gen is not too bad. It's annoying but ultimately the Killer won't be able to keep it (at least I have not seen an unbeatable 3gen with enough Survs left).

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

Stopping Survivors from doing their objective is literally what the Killer's job is. You do know that, right? It is on the Survivors to finish gens and take the risks that entails, or die. They need a hard timer to force them to not stealth around doing nothing all game.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

No, killing survivors is what the killers job is. That's why the game isn't over when the final generator is done.

Preventing them from doing their objective is one way to buy time to do yours but killers shouldn't be able to win just by defending generators.

Anyone that even cares slightly for both sides can see that allowing killers to kill everybody by just defending gens and never commiting to a chase would be boring as hell.

Now i would agree that afk crows were updated so it tells the killer where survivors are hiding if they haven't touched any gens for a long time

But a timer that kills survivors when the game last long enough is in every single way a horrible idea.

There are setups with doctor that make it impossible to complete gens. Do you really want there to be games where a doctor stands in the middle of a 3 gen and just wins by default after 20 minutes

• deckyr
    Options

enough debating what the killer's "job" is, the game literally tells them to stop survivors from doing their objectives

killers SHOULD DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to stop survivors from repairing 5 generators to power the 2 exit gates and make their escape.

• Wafflecat
    Wafflecat Member Posts: 20
    Options

So (coming from someone who plays both sides..) when I get a game as survivor... for example...

Before Freddy got nerfed I went against one that held the game hostage for 35 minutes. He did not chase us across the map, he did not commit to chases. He literally patrolled three generators. Yes it was our fault for three genning, but hey... what can you do in solo queue? But, he wouldn't commit. I do not like the insta kill survivors at the 20 minute mark. We were actively trying to do generators, he wouldn't commit and just kept hitting us off. So we should be punished?

• deckyr
    Options

that's not holding the game hostage it's just a stalemate. both sides are playing for the purpose of achieving their goals, neither of you are drawing things out as long as possible for the sake of pissing off the other team.

and honestly? wouldn't you actually just be happier that the game timed out? because i certainly would. i also play both sides and if a game goes on for more than 20 minutes it's because something unpleasant is happening. i would happily take my W/L, take my bloodpoints, and go into the next match.

• Jmang1245
    Jmang1245 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Yeh, this really does suck for killers. I mean, if you're having problems with survivors hiding in lockers you could run Iron Maiden.