What's your reaction to seeing a No Mither player in your game

Options
skyguys
skyguys Member Posts: 67
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Killers, of course, would be more than delighted unless the No Mithers intend to abuse known bugs or exploits such as the Breakdown bug or extreme lag that prevents them from being picked up.

But for survivors, are you surprised? Angry? Or you just don't care?

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

"They didn't make it..." And I walk out the game and don't even think twice about going back for them

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Something about that no mither sign just makes killers so happy. It's a ticket to tunnel town.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Slug them to death

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

"He must be on crack"

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

As a noob I didn’t know what was no mither, I hit a David and thought he disappeared turns out he was the floor from no mither he picked his self up and I caught him later from the groaning he made

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I think "oh #########, I'm about to deal with 4 second chance perks, one of which is a slower but repeatable Unbreakable".

I really don't like how underappreciated No Mither is. The significant majority of survivors don't heal so in the hands of a decent SWF team it's not a fun perk to deal with. And I only ever see it if either I'm running it or a SWF team is.

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144
    Options

They are either :

A. Very confident with themselvs and have the skills to back up their perk choice.

B. A rank 20 who doesn't know what the perk does.

C. Doing a meme build or as a challenge from a buddy.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

I expect the killer to promptly tunnel them out of the game.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

When I play survivor and see it on a random in the party, I think, "Well -- this is going to be a 3 v. 1 pretty soon". 😂

When I play killer, I actually have a ton of respect for anyone who's gutsy enough to run the build. I've given hatch/door to No Mither players before because of it, and I actively will try to NOT down them first if I can help it. I actually tried to give hatch to one person playing it in a match and slugged them with one other survivor left so I could kill the other person first -- and literally forgot No Mither would allow them to pick themselves up -- oops. 🤣

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

'No Mither? Must be going for adept David, then.'

(The only people I've seen using no mither so far, are David's.)

And then, I just play like normal.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347
    edited May 2021
    Options

oh ######### we gona lose couse of him, oh probably adept match if its david

edit: and oh well it will be 3v1 since begining

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

"he's gonna get down within 5 seco- yeah"

Roll my eyes and don't even bother going for the unhook until I'm done with my gen

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

I get pretty annoyed ngl. If I see it as Survivor then I get upset because my teammate is essentially throwing the game from before it even starts. As Killer, I feel bad for the other survivors and angry at the no mither because again, they’re throwing the game for their team. Sure, no mither is essentially infinite unbreakable, but a smart killer just wont slug the no mither if they see the broken icon. Being able to make yourself immune to slugging is decent sure, but you’re also permanently injured which undeniably puts you and your team at a major disadvantage, even if they have dead hard. So yeah, I don’t like people who use no mither.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    Options

"Remember... no slugging".

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

"I hope you know what you are doing..."

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Get the killers attention because a no mither found early is usually a rip.

As killer I usually find them first unintentionally and leave them be after the first hook but the easy win is always there.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

As killer "Well found my first victim"

As survivor "we're about to have a bad time"

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82
    Options

As a survivor I have major respect for them as I run a No Mither build on Tapp (No Mither, Tenacity, Iron Will, Unbreakable) so I know the struggle.

As a killer I always make sure to give them as much of a chance as the rest of them, by not tunneling them out of the game and only slugging them if I catch them quickly after being unhooked.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2021
    Options

"This #########'s why i'm Wraith!"

I know you said Survivors, but still wanted to share this thought. 😉

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

"welp, we're all gonna die." Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, but usually the NM user gets tunneled out pretty quick. Had an SQ game with 2 NM's and it was one of the hardest matches I've ever had. The 2 survs running it were decent, but the Killer's attention was all on them, leaving the other 2 of us to try to slam out gens as fast as we could and run interference when possible.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Really? Not a single person did surprised pikachu. I'm disappointed in this community.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I laugh and generally give them Hatch if I'm in a winning position as Killer. Life for the memey one.

If I'm playing Survivor, and not the one with No Mither, I will die for them and then laugh when they die despite my sacrifice.

• SamuraiDragon27
    SamuraiDragon27 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Do you WANT to die?

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

As someone who uses no mither because its fun. I cheer. When i play killer. I cheer. Because its fun.

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

Depends on if they also ran iron will. If they did then awesome stealth killer man go lets keep the boi safe. if not then oh this man wants to be wrecked by a freight train good luck brother.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

Why run both No Mither AND Unbreakable if No Mither is basically infinite Unbreakable? Not asking to be rude, I don't play David or use No Mither but from my understanding of the perk, it's basically infinite Unbreakable, no? Or am I missing something about the Unbreakable + No Mither combo?

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

For the killer: It is a Birthday Present. :-)

For the team: We know that the player intends to not be here long.

---------------------------------------------------

The perk really SHOULD be re-worked OR for custom games only. Such as for the run-offs in Custom Dead by Daylight tournaments such as Sandbagging matches.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

I always think that it's probably a new player that got trolled when looking up " best survivor perks for dbd".

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options
  • meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options
  • TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I play as usual, unless it's a David. I mean, I'm always ready to take protection hit, to trade hook in the end if it's the only way to save a teammate...

But I see a No Mither David... I'm protecting them like a fragile kitten. I remember when I have done my Adept achievement on David... It was the most terrible thing I ever attempted in DBD.

So, I wanna them to do it and be free.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,764
    Options

I go "Alright, am i about to get a easy game, a hard game, or a hacker game"

Always one of those 3 scenarios, either the No Mither is going for adept David and barely knows how to play, is a god and is using No Mither to flex, or is using cheats to make hooking him impossible

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

im always like: come on man whyd you have to make yourself 1 shot all game

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,764
    Options

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking a hack that lets them lag out the game to make hooking completely impossible

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

If its a David

Step 1) Be nice and give them hatch cause I assume its for the adept

Step 2) Get irrationally angry when it isnt

Otherwise

Step 1) Wack

Step 2) I guess they are dead

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82
    Options

DW you're not rude, it's just Unbreakable increases your healing speed during the dying state by 35% (Tier 3)

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    Options

I think they are a gigabrain survivor, but then they are bad