With the exception of Freddy's, every single killer-rework was a disappointment.

Canas
Canas Member Posts: 1,021

I don't recall a single instance of a killer actually getting better to play as after a rework, their core issues remain the same and their gameplay pretty much unchanged with the sole exception of Freddy who literally was reinvented as a killer.

One of the worst examples has to be Clown's rework which gave him access to yellow bottles which see little to no use at all. He still has to rely on bottles that do nothing to help him deal with pallets and vaults which constantly screw him over. His map pressure is still nonexistent, so what even was the purpose of this rework?

The same goes for Wraith who literally has no chase potential the moment he tries to go into the offensive. What good is all that speed during stealth if it can't kill survivors? Outdoor maps make him borderline unplayable. If you ask me these weak m1 killers should have their basespeed increased to 120% to make up for their lackluster powers. They get mercilessly looped and ridiculed by survivor groups and feel simply terrible to play as.

The usual response you get after all this is: "why play Clown/Wraith/Trapper/etc"? Yeah, why even bother?

Comments

• Canas

Doctor suffers equally like Clown from the fact that survivors will make you eat every single pallet they find, doesn't matter that you can shock them. They will simply pre-drop the pallet and you either have to break it or deal with a Scooby Doo chase. It's already bad enough that survivors can revert from madness 3 to 1 with a simple skillcheck which undoes all of his efforts at slowing down the game. He gets genrushed to hell like most other killers who lack actual map pressure.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,169

Yeah but do you agree that his rework was nothing but a net positive for him compared to how he was before?

He's in a much better position than he's ever been

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

TL DR: Doctor, Nurse, Bubba.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I don't believe Wraith's buffs can count as a rework. They literally just buffed him.

Also, Leatherface and Doctor. Both these killers were made stronger than they were.

Clown is technically better, even if it's not the rework people wanted. The only real failure in my opinion is Hillbilly.

• Canas

Doctor still is a weak c-tier killer and Nurse actually got nerfed. Bubba might be the only one who might have gotten better.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

The rework isnt supposed to make them A tier or anything

Reworks are for QoL, which the doctor one did.

Also as for nurse, the fact that it was nerf was GOOD. Rework does not mean Buff, it means change. And the nurse change was good, do you want 5 blink nurse back? 🤡

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited May 2021

Doc is the obvious answer, apart from that there's been buffs to wraith (speed) plague (default fountain) trapper (resetting traps, still no bag default sadly) blight (height) clown (you might find it underwhelming but he's still better) demo (multiple things) trickster (still crap but again, better) edit: forgot leatherface that one speaks for itself

Some of these may not be game-changing but they've all been improved however slightly

Post edited by Aneurysm on
  • Canas

The goal of a rework should be to get ALL killers to an equal level of power, so why not make them all A-tier to give them a chance against these pesky SWF groups?

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Because Solo Queue exists and every single killer in the game can excel against Solo Queue.

Hell, I've exceled against those "Pesky SWF" as most of the killers you mentioned.

• Canas

Doc might have gotten easier to play but he still remains mediocre in terms of powerlevel.

Wraith is a 115% killer with no power once he leaves stealth, he gets looped to hell.

Trapper still has to pick up every single trap while losing over half of the gens during early game.

Plague has the 2nd lowest killrate in the game and is the least picked killer despite that QoL change.

Blight is a mixed bag due to the macros being used on him to improve his performance. No idea how he plays without them.

Clown remains unchanged in terms of gameplay.

Demogorgon still announces all of his actions to the survivors via global sounds. His addon rework was lackluster.

Trickster remains the worst killer in all of DbD.

To be precise, I consider a rework a success if it manages to increase a killer's viability in terms of tiers.

• Dilif69
    Dilif69 Member Posts: 148

the nurse one sucked

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Freddy’s rework is the only one I find disappointing personally. Maybe billy but he just needs a few buffs

• Canas

The 2nd one for sure but I was talking about his first one which turned him from the worst into one the best killers. Now that's what I call a GOOD rework.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

People seem to be pretty positive towards new Demo, no?

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

they just ######### up freddy too so don't say his rework went well

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,598

We are talking about the same rework. His first rework was the most disappointing rework DBD has ever seen, and should be reverted.

First of all, Old Freddy was not as bad as most people say he is, I dare say a solid mid-tier if you knew how to play him. Not to mention that he was extremely fun to play as, and unique when compared to the rest of the killer roaster.

His rework completely removed the fun aspect, giving him an extremely generic power which doesn't fit Freddy at all and has caused nothing but problems and complaints.

Last but not least, lots of players mained Old Freddy and BHVR doesn't even give them a chance to use the killer they've spent time learning and mastering, which is extremely unfair.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

if youre playing wraith like a 115 killer and not utilising your cloak in chase too youre playing wraith wrong.

• Canas

If you go into stealth during a chase just to decloak again all you do is reset that chase.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It would be nice if all killers could be at a similar power level, it'd make balancing things like perks a lot easier, but I don't know how that would even be possible. I.e. how could trapper and nurse ever come close to each other without changing their powers completely?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Doctors rework made him actually enjoyable to play. He was way too finicky before with the two modes and the meter to switch between them. He went form one of my least favorite killers to one of maybe 2 I still play regularly.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Hi are you aware of the extended lunge after chase and how strong that is? Or how fast he goes whole cloaked?

If you don't cloak to chase you're playing him wrong, he has a power for a reason.

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306

Dont forget the worst rework ever made,the one on hillbilly. They destroyed that character

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Doctor, Bubba..?

Wraiths buff made him extremely good too

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Freddy is the worst rework for me, he became more powerful but much more boring.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,598

I think it can be inferred that he pulled Nancy and her mother in a dream following his defeat in the remake, as neither of them were asleep at the time and he still manages to kill her.

The teleport is true to him, but he should've had this ability since his release, when mobility was just as important as it is today. As for snares, he never used them, but he does create a "river" of blood at some point during the remake.

However, it makes much more sense for him to be a mysterious demon lurking in the Dream World instead of someone who hits you asleep.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Doctor was the best for sure, with Bubba a little behind.

Hillbillys, Clowns and Freddy's reworks are the most disappointing for different reasons

Hillbilly- his just straight up didn't seem needed

Clown- he needed more love but what he got wasn't really what he needed. The improved bottle speed is nice but the yellow bottles feel pretty redundant

Freddy-he went from being interesting and unique to now being now that interesting

Overall its kind of a mixed bag with reworks honestly

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

Re-works and change to killer are to Balance in 1 place and 2 QoL.

My thoughts on the changes are:

1-Nurse problem: +2 blinks and mega blink. Fixed but the the reload blink is over nerf.

2- Freddy: trash killer. Next a brain dead killer with a good chace potential al very good movility. Op vs solo Q. Now i don't konw

3- Bubba: Very loppeable and very strong camping game. Now brain dead killler with bambuze and some addons. Need some nerf on this addons.

4- Billy: RIP.

5-Demo: Demo is the same, a little buff, same problems. Addons still trash meh. Need more test but, Deer lung is good for speed. Glasses may be good. rat liver still the best and must to demo ?

Huntress: nothing changes. Maps reworks are trash for her. Shift + w safe palet drop, ez 4 scapes.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Clown, Wraith, Demo and Legion got nothing but buffed.

• IWasLeft2Die

Clown id say yes got buffed...but hardly. That's kinda more as a result of number changes and not so much the bottle (which is still technically a buff but hardly).

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It guarantees hits at predropped jungle gyms if you're good enough. Everything but mid-hallway god pallets and shack pallets are playable. I'd call that a pretty substantial buff.

• IWasLeft2Die

But they also come with a lot of downsides as well. (Making old bottle mist disappear, cancels out old bottle debuff on survivors, survivors get buff from bottle, new bottle mist is delayed, and it pulls from your old bottle capacity).

I just dont think the yellow bottles really help him in the ways he was needing help in. He was already pretty good 1v1 on a survivor that this other bottle sure helps him do that some but not that significantly better while still leaving his other deficits still in where they were before rework