Reasons I took a break(and u should too)

Options

1. The first and probably Most popular is the game just got boring it's the same thing over and over gen simulator or trying to catch and kill a 4 man swf. The matches are stale and need something new.

2. Mental health if you play this game long enough u start to care a little too much about matches and people's comments this is when it's time to put down the game and walk off for a while.

3. BUGS! it's no word of a lie that this game has some game breaking bugs but when they start affecting you on a consistent basis you know it's time to hang up the bear traps or flashlights because it gets super infuriating knowing you did everything correctly but not getting that pallet stun or teleporting to the same spot you were just on.

4. This is a very personal one of mine you just can't stand the teams you're with some days you can be placed with amazing survivors and others that one player that spends the whole match camping lockers.

5. You wanna punch someone or something don't play in this mood dear God please I know first hand if you're in a mood this game is not a option to distress you will end up more agitated.

Not here to argue not here to start drama just here to aid newer players who think they are not gonna feel the stress of this game because you will be it in a week or a month maybe a year eventually you will and it'll make you one of those players no one wants on their team or to face.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,745
    Options

Me, sitting here, having never taken a break.

Probably should've but I'm in too deep now.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

It is the same for what happened, so far there are not very big news in Dead by Daylight, my reasons for 1 year that I do not see a new map or a new variant of an existing one, 1 license per year, very repetitive games and only one game mode, it is like wanting to do new things in Dead by Daylight and the challenges no longer make sense, except to look for the red griffin in tome VI. There is just nothing good to do apart from studying, there is no good game or a good movie, simply the worst stage of life.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

The devs can fix these problems easily tbh:

1. They should add 15 new mechanics and each trial 3 mechanics are chosen so every trial will be different and the gens should be some sort of rhythm mini-game not skillchecks tbh
    2. That's honestly a problem in every game that's a YOU problem so look at yourself and try to change your mindset just like i did :)
    3. They should change their spaghetti code & fix bugs that way every patch won't have a bug
    4. MMR should fix that i guess
    5. Balancing issues they should focus on BOTH sides and not just buff 1 side and nerf the other (This happens alot to both sides)

But yeah these are dbd devs we're talking about they wont listen lmao

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    Options

Ah yes I love the gliph challenge and the pustula from Blight finally adds something I can do to earn a few extra points when all hope is lost and you're just waiting to die

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I mainly play this game with other games.

I got burned out quickly cause i only played this, so i took a break and then started playing with moderation and don't exclusively play it anymore.

Haven't had such a big break ever since.

• DecisiveDwight
    Options

Not so much I can zone out from chat but I do fall way too deep into the match I get way too frustrated but slowly working on it during my long break. I have also seen and know people that feel this effect from the game it gets frustrating from time to time.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

I just returned from a break i took break back in...February? when the new animations and HUD came out and returned 24 april and the game went from bad to worse

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122
    Options

I have taken breaks before but i think if you never let the fact that this is a game leave your mind then you will be fine. Most of us are guilty of taking a game far too seriously. I know more than a few people that get angry and blame balance, the game or other players if a single game doesn't go their way.

• DecisiveDwight
    Options

Currently on a big break like you I used to main this game but I soon noticed my mental health was really bad from it I was really stressed from gameplay and constantly the one person messaging mean messages to everyone but since starting the break I'm feeling better and don't wanna touch the game for too long for fear of going backwards

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

I've really cut down on my gameplay the last couple of months.

Solo survivor is pretty much being kicked in the Nards for 15 minutes. It's basically you vs 4 other people including the killer.

As killer my games are either a complete cake walk because somehow at rank 1 I get matched against green and brown ranks or a 4 man swf who try to end the game in 5 minutes.

• DecisiveDwight
    Options

I took a break recently and came back to find corn field was really not scary anymore and pallets are still buggy so I'm still on break until MMR comes and pallets get sorted

• DecisiveDwight
    Options

Haha what you're describing sounds like me a little while ago so glad I stopped when I did

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

I have taken a 1 year break and might come back with resident evil dlc, if it isn't that great I might not even come back.

Op you do rise some good points however

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    Options

I had (past tense purposefully implied) a group of friends that I used to play this game with every day, but before too long all of the bugs, inconsistent matchmaking, and missing features took it's toll. Everyone had their own reasons for quitting the game, but for me I was tired of being paired with people far more/less skilled than me. Not to mention trying to practice with a new killer against people far more experienced than you does not a good time make!

I loaded up the game again here recently after a 3-month hiatus, and my rank 17 Wraith went against an all red ranked team, and my rank 15 survivor kept facing rank one killers. It looks as though my hiatus wasn't long enough. 😕

• DecisiveDwight
    Options

Match making at it's finest hopefully when MMR comes out it'll fix this exact issue I personally aim to return when that comes out as when it was being tested I had such great games I was sad to see it go

• SweetTerror
    Options

Honestly, I would gladly forgo the MMR if it meant that we could have a practice mode with bots. How the mobile game has one but the main game hasn't been given one in five years doesn't make any sense to me. Not only would it be a great way to practice, but it would be a great way to blow off steam after being steamrolled against people you have no business being paired up with/against.

• DecisiveDwight
    Options

Wait mobile gets a training mode? What the hell are devs doing not implementing that on all platforms if a mobile can handle it console and pc will be a cake walk!

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yup, it's a different team but the same logic still applies that such a feature should be present in the main game too. The practice mode on mobile also allows you to keep a small percentage of the blood points and experience that you earn, which is nice.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,796
    Options

I especially agree with #5. I usually play games as a stress buster, and it took me a while to learn that this game doesn't work for that (at least for me). If I'm in a bad mood when I start, I'm in a worse mood by the end.

• Moonman157
    Moonman157 Member Posts: 102
    Options

I think it’s good to just take periodic breaks from the game, even if it’s just for a week or something. This being an online game means you’re constantly in a state of competition, and constantly getting hits of dopamine and I’m not sure that’s a good thing. Who knows too, maybe with lil breaks you come back a little less stressed and end up playing better as well. I treat it a bit like a “de-load” week at the gym, a good way to get out of a slump/plateau.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

I'm over 1500 hours in and still having fun, and taking long breaks has helped that. I've had two or three 3-4 month breaks, just because I didn't want to play the game, then when I did, I came back.