Is this a reportable offense?

Options
Scarecrow
Scarecrow Member Posts: 32
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

So I just went against a Twins killer that, at last gen, HARD camped them. And by that I mean legitimately took the game hostage by standing Charlotte against a single person Gen and then ran back and forth with Victor refusing to hook people until the game became way too long. I stood in front of them so they would just kill me and I could start my next match. But, isn't this something the Dev's spoke about when it came to her being able to block things off like this? If not its annoying.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,544
    Options

I think her collision is bugged atm, so I think you could do the gen.

• Scarecrow
    Scarecrow Member Posts: 32
    Options

I couldn't get to it when I tried to, so it wasn't accessible at all.

Killer would go over, smack them down (which was why they never hooked people) and then go right back to standing in front of the gen. Rinse and repeat.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Technically you can still finish any other gen so I suppose its not reportable, sucks such tactic can be used and it should be changed but for now it is what it is.

P.D. Im still amazed they finished Twins development, tested it and tought "ok, good to go, people are going to love this new gamestyle", whoever is behind their gameplay design shouldnt be designing any more Killers until she/he reflects on their actions...

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,544
    Options

Still not a reportable offense, to my knowledge.

The Survivors could do a gen, it would just be difficult.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

eventually they will bleed out in that case bleeding people out is a dick move but not holding the game hostage

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

You have 2 options:

1. Kidnap Victor
    2. Kick Victor

These are better achieved via grouping, especially if Charlotte is too busy camping the 1-sided gen.

I do recommend not genning yourself though. That would drastically help with the situation.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,091
    Options

Twins is a great killer design. Whew. Very fun. Yes.

To answer your question, no it's not reportable. Best thing you can do is use the fun rating post match. The devs actually do look at that.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

It's reportable with video evidence as long as the survivors try to progress the game (i.e. repair the gens), it lasts long enough (subjective), and the killer simply doesn't focus on the survivors but only on preventing gen completion.

The killer's objective is to kill the survivors. The gens are the means to an end. If it comes to a point where they just chase survivors off the gens, they're simply prolonging the match, but not progressing it, while the other side is.

Even then it's up to the team to decide. But it's already been confirmed reportable.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited May 2021
    Options

No it's not reportable, unfortunately.

But this post does give me another reason to despise this garbage excuse for a killer design, so thank you for posting this :) I'd rather play against a Legion with 4 slowdown perks or a stridor Spirit than The Twins.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Poorly designed killer user plays like scumbag in other news the sun rose today.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

No, that's why instead of just having 5 gens on the map to complete they have 7 so the killer can't just camp the last one.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

she loses her collision after being victor for 30 seconds so you can just go through her to do the gen that she definitely won't be checking.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

This is one is hard to tell, because if they were actively hooking people, even if it took some time, it would technically still be playing the game, even if it was extremely long - there are ways such as kicking or kidnapping Victor basically and she does lose her collision after a while. That would still be playing the game, even if extremely long. It's hard to tell, some information is a bit linking. I think the best advice I can give is to report it and if you have video evidence, which would be needed, please send it to support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

This discussion has been closed.