Lockers now block aura reading

Kebek
Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Well hello there dwight mains. Your time has come.

Also poor BBQ now has another counter. Well that's the kind of buffs to survivors I don't mind. Do you mind them my fellow killer mains ?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

As someone who makes good use of lockers, I like this change.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Interesting... Yeah should be useful against BBQ... Now killers won't know if they are hiding in a locker way across the map or close by.

• Kebek

@kaister901 said:
    The killer perks are not that great to be honest.

But the survivor perks. Holy fking #########..

Breakdown? So they made an instant sabotage that punishes the killer for letting survivors escape? #########? So am I forced to bring along hangman's trick just to counter that? ######### on earth?

Then distortion? So basically my BBQ won't work for 3 hooks....#########....

Then what's the point of BBQ then? The BP farming with it is good but the main point is tracking survivors. Encourages me to leave and go find the others...

Ah whatever...have to see how great the killer's ability is first.

Actually these perks are pretty good for the game imao since anyone who uses them is purposefully not using DS,SC,DH,Adrenaline and so on. I'd be suprised if any of these make it to the meta.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

Distortion sounds much better than it really is, especially if 3 is the Level 3 value or the number doesn't change between perk levels. With how most aura-reading powers will be activated throughout the game, it won't be around when the user actually _needs _to keep their location hidden, the end.

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

With BBQ being the meta as it is. That is basically 3 hooks or 3 gens if you want to include rancor and bitter murmur. At least with BBQ ok , I still get BPs out of it. With Rancor and bitter. Their main purpose is to locate the survivors. So it's a huge nerf to them. Especially bitter. It's just 3 gens going off and the last 2 you get to see survivors near it.

• kaister901

The meta survivor perks are gonna stay. Even when BT got it's "nerf" it just got stronger since it's a never ending second chance for the hooked survivor.

Even with the Aura nerf to BBQ, it still manageable but holy cow...breakdown? Hooks getting broke each time I hook someone?

Assuming I don't camp the ######### out of the survivor and go to hunt others. You are looking at 8 broken hooks in total. Average game about 15 to 20 minutes. Each hook 3 minutes to spawn. So you are at least 5 hooks down. If you really manage to maximise hooking each survivor twice.

That's basically the old sabotage perk back in a different shape and it was broken as hell when it existed back then. If breakdown is going to be as it is....then IG needs a serious buff to balance it out.

• Kebek

@kaister901 said:
    With BBQ being the meta as it is. That is basically 3 hooks or 3 gens if you want to include rancor and bitter murmur. At least with BBQ ok , I still get BPs out of it. With Rancor and bitter. Their main purpose is to locate the survivors. So it's a huge nerf to them. Especially bitter. It's just 3 gens going off and the last 2 you get to see survivors near it.

I think rancor will still reveal them even inside lockers since it isn't aura reading but more like position reveal.

• Kebek

@kaister901 said:
    The meta survivor perks are gonna stay. Even when BT got it's "nerf" it just got stronger since it's a never ending second chance for the hooked survivor.

Even with the Aura nerf to BBQ, it still manageable but holy cow...breakdown? Hooks getting broke each time I hook someone?

Assuming I don't camp the ######### out of the survivor and go to hunt others. You are looking at 8 broken hooks in total. Average game about 15 to 20 minutes. Each hook 3 minutes to spawn. So you are at least 5 hooks down. If you really manage to maximise hooking each survivor twice.

That's basically the old sabotage perk back in a different shape and it was broken as hell when it existed back then. If breakdown is going to be as it is....then IG needs a serious buff to balance it out.

That's why we have PTB to test stuff and give feedback. We just need to play and see if it really is broken strong and if so then tell devs so that they can nerf it.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    I welcome the new Facecamp meta with open arms and a strong M2 finger. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Kebek said:

Also poor BBQ now has another counter. Well that's the kind of buffs to survivors I don't mind. Do you mind them my fellow killer mains ?

I dont have anything against strong stealth surivor perks.
    What I dislike is that there isnt a single good killer perk.

Also you should be aware what happens when the killer doesnt see anyone on BBQ.... :wink:

• kaister901

Well Aura is basically any perk that makes the survivor glow. So yea Rancor will be affected too.

A hook breaking after a survivor gets rescued from it for 3 minutes? How is that not strong lol. Yea I agree people need to test it but some things you can tell it's broken from the description alone.

The other perks are alright but breakdown is wow...the literal way to counter it is to camp.

• Kebek

@Master said:

@Kebek said:

I dont have anything against strong stealth surivor perks.
    What I dislike is that there isnt a single good killer perk.

Also you should be aware what happens when the killer doesnt see anyone on BBQ.... :wink:

Maybe if we'll give enough feedback they may change killer perks to be at least a bit usefull. Right now only Iron maiden makes a little bit of sence with BBQ.

• kaister901

@Master member

Well, yea...if no one glows when BBQ goes off the entire team has it lol. BBQ basically being useless for 3 hooks.

@Racoon member

Yea like kinda sucks that for me to protect my hooks. I either have to burn one perk slow for hangman or camp the ######### out of that person so I still have hooks left to use.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Master said:

Yeah but now the killer technically wouldn't be able to say.. I camped because I didn't see anyone with BBQ. So basically if the killer camps with using BBQ, that was a clear decision to camp that person rather then go look for another survivor.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited November 2018

@kaister901 said:
    Well Aura is basically any perk that makes the survivor glow. So yea Rancor will be affected too.

Except that isnt how Rancor works at all. It doesnt make Survivors glow, it shows Survivors as if their madness had tiered up.

The thing Im interested in is knowing whether their auras are blocked once they are fully in or as the animation starts. Because if its the former, that means you might probably see them going in and catch them inside the locker.

• Kebek

@DocOctober said:
    Keep in mind, dear Survivors, that BBQ was added for you guys as an incentive for Killers to not camp, but instead go for someone else. If you keep hiding and the Killer won't see any Auras, many will assume that you swarm the Hook and will camp.

It's a double-edged sword.

Well it's a counter they wanted, we'll see how they like it.

• kaister901

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

Yeah but now the killer technically wouldn't be able to say.. I camped because I didn't see anyone with BBQ. So basically if the killer camps with using BBQ, that was a clear decision to camp that person rather then go look for another survivor.

Um. What? I don't get it. How will the killer have less reason to camp now? Isn't it more reason?

If I don't see anyone with BBQ then I do not know where the others are and it's a waste of my time to go patrol about than to just camp and wait for them to come to me. Like how things were before BBQ. With BBQ I don't camp because I know where the others are and I can go to the exact spot to get them. Saving me time and not feeling uncomfortable losing a hooked survivor.

• kaister901
    edited November 2018

@PigNRun said:

@kaister901 said:

Except that isnt how Rancor works at all. It doesnt make Survivors glow, it shows Survivors as if their madness had tiered up.

And that lighing up is an Aura.

Ok put it simple Aura is basically survivors lighting up or glowing in any shape or form.

What is not an Aura is if you are actually looking at them or if it's a sound alert. Like quick and quiet stopping locker and vault sounds.

So yea rancor is definitely getting affected by the perk. Making it useless for 3 gens.

It's more likely that the effect doesn't even trigger. Meaning regardless of them going in or not. Their aura or alert won't be shown to you till 3 of their chances has been used up.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

QnQ buff, sweet. Until the Killer uses Iron Maiden.

And the reaction from killer mains is rich. Not one person can say that aura reading is good for the game, and yet it's suddenly arms up in the air when the most used killer perk in the game has a minor, stealth-based counter perk.

Maybe they should've added another Exhaustion or second-chance/health state perk.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

@Kebek said:

• Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@kaister901 said:

@PigNRun said:

@kaister901 said:

Ok put it simple Aura is basically survivors lighting up or glowing in any shape or form.

What is not an Aura is if you are actually looking at them or if it's a sound alert. Like quick and quiet stopping locker and vault sounds.

So yea rancor is definitely getting affected by the perk. Making it useless for 3 gens.

It's more likely that the effect doesn't even trigger. Meaning regardless of them going in or not. Their aura or alert won't be shown to you till 3 of their chances has been used up.

Rancor doesn't use auras. It reveals locations, not auras. Have you used Rancor at all?

• Master

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

BBQ is incentive not to camp.
    Take away the incentive.... well you can figure that out yourself.

Oh and if I see only 1 guy working on a gen that I know is almost done already, then I wont try to chase that guy and search for the other 2 nearby :wink:

• Master

@Visionmaker said:

And the reaction from killer mains is rich. Not one person can say that aura reading is good for the game, and yet it's suddenly arms up in the air when the most used killer perk in the game has a minor, stealth-based counter perk.

Maybe they should've added another Exhaustion or second-chance/health state perk.

I still stand to my opinion that aura reading on both sides takes away a lot in a horror game.D
    Doesnt change the fact that if you take away the BBQ aura reading, camping will be more common again

But that all is due to the core issue of everything, I think you are aware of what im talking about :wink:

• Kebek

@Barron said:

@kaister901 said:

Breakdown? So they made an instant sabotage that punishes the killer for letting survivors escape? #########? So am I forced to bring along hangman's trick just to counter that? ######### on earth?

Then what's the point of BBQ then? The BP farming with it is good but the main point is tracking survivors. Encourages me to leave and go find the others...

You will not see a single survivor perk go meta. They are all garbage. I remember the last 4 survivor releases everyone on the forum was like "this survivor perk is so OP, it's going to be so meta". Yet, no survivor perk over the last 4 releases has become meta.

I'd say alone none of these new survivor perks won't be meta BUT if everyone in SWF uses breakdown then you have a new meta perk.

• Visionmaker

@Barron said:

@kaister901 said:

You will not see a single survivor perk go meta. They are all garbage. I remember the last 4 survivor releases everyone on the forum was like "this survivor perk is so OP, it's going to be so meta". Yet, no survivor perk over the last 4 releases has become meta.

AUTODIDACT IS BASICALLY AN INSTAHEAL ON DEMAND!!! ######### DEVS

DELIVERANCE IS SO OP AND BROKEN

WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY IS SUCH A CRUTCH

rip

• Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

I still stand to my opinion that aura reading on both sides takes away a lot in a horror game.D
    Doesnt change the fact that if you take away the BBQ aura reading, camping will be more common again

But that all is due to the core issue of everything, I think you are aware of what im talking about :wink:

And campers will be punished with lower pips, as the emblem design has intended.

Every change supposedly forces killers to camp even more (e.g. unhook changes that 'forces killer to camp') so I don't really buy that argument whatsoever.

Stealth options are welcomed in this game regardless. I think you forget that one of these core issues is the efficiency of pallet looping and long chases. This change helps with neither.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@PigNRun said:

@kaister901 said:

Distortion only works if the killer tries to see your aura. Rancor doesnt show you auras, it shows you locations. Locations are not auras, they are, as you said, similar notifications like failing a skillcheck, fast vaults (without the explosion).
  • Kebek

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

And campers will be punished with lower pips, as the emblem design has intended.

Every change supposedly forces killers to camp even more (e.g. unhook changes that 'forces killer to camp') so I don't really buy that argument whatsoever.

I don't know if you camped with new anti camp changes to emblems but when I play basement leatherface the highest penalty I ever got was 4%. So if you get overalturistic survivors you get only benefits and no pnalties.

• kaister901

@Visionmaker said:

@kaister901 said:

@PigNRun said:

@kaister901 said:

Rancor doesn't use auras. It reveals locations, not auras. Have you used Rancor at all?

So you are telling the red pop up silouhette of survivors is not an aura? Then what is it? it's red I can see it.

If you want the difference between and alert and an Aura. An alert is you vaulting or jumping into a locker fast. That loud sound is an alert and you don't see any body silhouette of the survivor. Like spies on the shadow alert. That is an alert.

If the survivor's silhouette pops up it's an aura. Simple as that.

So yes your rancor is gone for good too.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    I think it's a great change. I'm pumped more for this chapter than I have been since ... probably Huntress.

Lol the crying is hilarious. @kaister901 Take a deep breath and a nap or something.

• Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@Kebek said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

I don't know if you camped with new anti camp changes to emblems but when I play basement leatherface the highest penalty I ever got was 4%. So if you get overalturistic survivors you get only benefits and no pnalties.

Sounds like it's working as intended.

@kaister901 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@kaister901 said:

@PigNRun said:

@kaister901 said:

So you are telling the red pop up silouhette of survivors is not an aura? Then what is it? it's red I can see it.

If you want the difference between and alert and an Aura. An alert is you vaulting or jumping into a locker fast. That loud sound is an alert and you don't see any body silhouette of the survivor. Like spies on the shadow alert. That is an alert.

If the survivor's silhouette pops up it's an aura. Simple as that.

So yes your rancor is gone for good too.

Auras move around, and is an accurate silhouette of the survivor. Rancor's location does not move at all and is a pop up. I don't know how to make it any simpler for you.

Go ahead and test it with Sole Survivor if you have any doubts.

• Master

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

Stealth options are welcomed in this game regardless. I think you forget that one of these core issues is the efficiency of pallet looping and long chases. This change helps with neither.

Campers have always been punished by the ranking system, but that has never been enough apparently.

And yes, the core issue, namely looping and gentime isnt touched as usual.

• kaister901

Well people just tested it out and guess I am wrong on this. Rancor does work. You can see the silouhette. So bitter and rancor are fine.

BBQ is affected and any aura see through is affected like myers see through wall is affected.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

And yet, survivors will still claim stealth is not possible.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

For now, i wouldn't mind.
    The first few days at least, they're gonna keep repairing while i hook anyway, thinking it's not a big deal.