Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lucky Break

Munqaxus
Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, a week after the "buff" to Lucky Break, we see it used absolutely 0 percent of the time. Devs, next time you buff something, don't let the killer-echo chamber here on the forums stop you from taking a chance on actually buffing a perk.

90 seconds was not game breaking and never was game breaking. You just had killer-centric people on the forums echoing what a streamer or two said which ended with Lucky Break staying a worthless perk after a buff.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Dude/ette, it is now part of my main build and it is one of the, if not the, strongest perks I have ever used. It's like Old DS but you can use it more than once and it kills any potential chase.

But I've been a little more nefarious - I use it with OoO to drag out chases without using any resources.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited May 2021

Got to agree should've been out up to 60 seconds since there's many factors that reduces Lucky Breaks efficiency. You need Iron Will, map could have no LOS breaker, also if it's Legion, Plague or an instant down killer not too useful.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392

Yea, I wanna say I was wrong about this. I thought 45 seconds sounded perfect. Nope, I tried using it and it's complete garbage. It really did need to be 90 seconds to be useful. Honestly, survivors just need more viable perks. Maybe Lucky Break wasn't the right choice but I really hope the next chapter gives survivors something actually powerful as killers get a good new perk every chapter while survivors are stuck with less then we had originally.

• Munqaxus

I'm confused, how would OoO and Lucky Break work together? Lucky Break stops the killer from seeing your aura, so OoO wouldn't go off?

• MadLordJack

No it doesn't, that's Off The Record. Lucky Break removes scratchmarks and blood for 45 seconds. Which is absolutely insane and I'm glad no-one else is using it much or my survivor ques would be twice as long.

• MadLordJack

It is one of the most consistent perks I've ever used. 45 seconds is fine. If I bring a brown medkit that's a guaranteed two uses if I want to play stealthy.

• JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45

Nope, Lucky Break only hides blood and scratch marks. I think you're thinking of Off The Record?

• Munqaxus
    edited May 2021

Ok, but OoO would only go off for 3 seconds every 30, if you happen to be the obsession. That doesn't seem very useful. Plus, OoO would work just the same without Lucky Break.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Tbf I’d argue it’s only really good with iron will and a medkit.

• MadLordJack

No perk in the entire game is 100% useful in every game, but yes, even agasint Legion, Plague and Bubba I've gotten decent use, which is more than I can say for even Old DS.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited May 2021

How when two injure you so easily. And one primarily looks for instant downs? And can burn the seconds quite easily since.

• MadLordJack

The killer hits me, I make distance for free, OoO goes off and I make sure to position myself relatively close so as to be a tantalising morsel instead of being halfway across the map like I could be.

• MadLordJack

Yeah, all of that only really burns through about half of it, if that.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited May 2021

You heal against a Legion? Or cleanse to preserve the Lucky Break?

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

45 seconds is rubbish. You lose 30 at best and if you’re lucky you get one more 15 second use out of it. I’d say 75% of games by the time you can get a heal off you only get 1 use out of it.

Its genuinely not really worth running at 45s. 60 would maybe be alright

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

90 seconds is too much, but it should be upped to 60.

People are sleeping on how good Lucky Break is. Making a killer lose one early chase is still extremely powerful. People that can't see that just want to whine about everything.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I honestly have no idea why more people are not using it. it is insanely strong.

• MadLordJack

I'm sorry, do I look like a cold, dead cuck of a survivor who wants to slam gens? Or do I want to actually have fun?

• MadLordJack

Medkit's optional. It's the strongest single use perk in the game. A medkit is like if you could use Old DS twice.

And as for pairing it with Iron Will... Most people didn't get use out of DS or Unbreakable until they started putting them together and playing into it, so...

• WishIcouldmain

Okay if you want to preserve that Lucky Break so much go ahead. But I get annoyed if my teammates do what you shouldn't do against certain killers.

• WishIcouldmain

There are a few outside factors that decide the efficiency of Lucky Break.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Perk sucks.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

90 seconds was too much... You could literally escape multiple chases with little to no effort. Even at 45 seconds it's a good perk. Are there specific killers or tactics that counter it? Sure, but I don't see how having counterplay is a bad thing?

• MadLordJack

Maybe if people actually learned how to juke a good Plague people would stop complaining about her, instead of witholding her power from her in favour of sitting on gens and creating the double whammy of not many good plagues and no-one knowing how to play around her main power.

You're also completely ignoring that those are very rare killers to go against and that there isn't another extremely strong one-use perk in the game even remotely as consistent as Lucky Break. I successfully use it in about 4/5ths of my trials. None of them are that good. DS? Not any more. UB? Never was. Deliverence? Nope. Even BT, DH and IW by itself aren't as consistent.

• WishIcouldmain
  • DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

It should be 60-70 seconds. They definitely over-nerfed it.

• MadLordJack
    edited May 2021

No, I use Iron Will. Mostly for the additional consistentcy, because even by itself its stupidly good. Iron Will just provides an additional moment for you to smokebomb in after the initial hit.

Edit: If you're talking about other meta perks, no. I stopped using Exhaustion months ago out of boredom and disturbance at my own crutching. BT is for safe unhook challenges because I normally bodyguard the unhooked survivors any way. DS I never use, nor UB. They're so inconsistent.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

even if lucky break is used up in one chase, the perk did what it was intended to do. which was make the killer lose the chase and waste time

pairing lucky break with iron will and a good medkit can kill the killers pressure if more than one person runs it, and it has the same issues as old DS (since you actively lose the first portion of the chase to gain an advantage for no reason)

• WishIcouldmain

No just perks that can compliment Lucky Break well since I've heard it need Iron Will to work.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

What is even the point of buffing something if it's just as useless after the said buff? The devs really need to stop being bullied by killer mains into backpedalling on every single decision they make(anyone remembers the Hillbilly overheat that got reverted so hard now everyone says you have to want to overheat in order for the mechanic to do anything?).

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I use it. Even if it only lets you escape one chase that can be enough to change the course of the game. PTB version was ridiculous, this version still kinda is, hopefully no content creators start using it regularly bc I'd rather not have any survivors I go against use it, and I really don't want to see 4 survivors running it (stick to 4x DS 4x BT please)

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Well it's hard to ignore the toxic fanbase that's just throwing vile personal insults at you because the game isn't being handed to them and they refuse to adapt to anything that may be considered the slightest benefit to them. It's a stupid decision, don't get me wrong, but you can't blame them for pandering.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

The people who are saying the perk is worthless either haven't actually tried running it, or are the types who think perks should be ridiculously overpowered to the point of being game-breaking. 🙄

I was looking forward to using it when it went live, and in the matches I have, I've seen great value out of it. I've been using it with Iron Will and a souped-up Med-Kit. Has it worked every time? No, but running UB, for instance, arguably the most powerful perk in the game, doesn’t have a guarantee it'll give you value either, and no one with any sense is saying that perk is terrible or needs a buff .

What I DO know is that I traditionally have had issues with losing a killer in chase and with looping. I've had multiple matches where I've seen Lucky Break cause the killer to lose chase with me simply because I broke line of sight while they were in the weapon wiping animation -- and not against inexperienced killers, either. I've lost killers at Red Rank who clearly had earned their rank. Indoor maps are particularly nasty for running it, but not a necessity.

People who play the game at a stupidly high-level -- I'm talking content creators who main killer AND who main survivor -- have all talked about how powerful the perk is (paired with IW, which is a perk run commonly anyway). I particularly remember ZubatEl (who plays effortlessly as both a survivor and killer) telling his chat that they clearly had never played killer before (or at least at a Rank that mattered for anything) if they couldn't realize its potential strength -- and he's not the only one who's called it out for being strong.

As someone who plays 50/50, I've been sprinkling it in many survivor builds (limiting it mainly because I don't want to burn through too many med-kits) because it's saved my potato self numerous times already and gotten me match escapes as a result. As killer, I haven't seen it all that much, and as a killer main I watched recently said, I hope people keep sleeping on it, because I definitely don't want to go up against 4 survivors running it. 🤔

• MadLordJack

I mean, as I've pointed out, DS needed Unbreakable or lockers before it became truly insane. Self Care needs Botany Knowledge. Undying needs Ruin. Pop needs a gen info perk. Freddy needs slowdown.

Something needing something else to truly shine is how this game is designed. The rare exceptions aren't even that good - who uses Unbreakable by itself and actually has use from it in nearly every game?

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I think it was too strong originally, but I feel 45 seconds is not enough. 60 seconds seems reasonable.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Lucky Break consistently gets you out of a chase for free, potentially 2 or 3 if you've got a good medkit.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited May 2021

Survivors are too busy using IR, DS, DH and BT

Might take a few months for them to stop using their crutch perks and try something new

Post edited by Lord_Tony on
  • BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

The problem with lucky break being 90 seconds long is that it becomes a compounded issue. Killer players weren't worried about 1 person on the whole team running lucky break/iron will. They were worried about the ENTIRE team running it, which would have been an insane 360 seconds total, which if you didn't know is 90% of the base time it takes to complete 5 generators. If they pushed lucky break through like it was, all you would see is end game builds like Blood Warden, NOED, Bitter Murmur, Remember Me, No Way Out, Deerstalker, Blackout and going for the 4 slug + hook because there would be literally no point in chasing survivors, and therefore no point in defending generators at all.

I understand that its fun to bamboozle a killer and make sick plays, but killers would ALSO like the opportunity to play the game instead of looking for 4 injured survivors in turn while the generators ping away in the background.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited May 2021

The perk is strong, people are just stuck on their other meta build they've been using for 2 years and don't want to try anything else.

Getting out of your first chase for close to free is pretty strong, especially if you're the first survivor found.

Post edited by MrPenguin on