Countering Corrupt Intervention

Options
Abbatoir_Blues
Abbatoir_Blues Member Posts: 47

Which do you think is the more effective counter to Corrupt Intervention/how do you typically deal with it:

Countering Corrupt Intervention 59 votes

Wait it out until the affected gens are open
15%
TapeKnotsmappdoodaLeonardo1itaMazoobiScary_Punk_GhostbjorksnasRepostRiposteKirkyladsimpforfelix 9 votes
Look for an unaffected gen, despite it increasing chances of being found
84%
GibberishAdelooWoodywoolMat_SellaKeezoFreddoInsaneCoasterDicklayciaPlantCollectorSebaOutbreakSzarmanlandromatIAmShadowZzzDeath_Syko21SlamitiebrubliChurchofPigJay_WhyaskCrowmanRattius 50 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

I'd say look for a gen, but actively look for totems on your way and make them your primary focus over generators, especially that often (although not always) when you see corrupt in play it's a Trapper who wont be focusing on the gens/totems that much at first.

Dont however spend 120 seconds doing nothing. The killer couldve set up for free in those 120 seconds, or possibly started a chase or two, maybe a hook or two during that time. Doing nothing is allowing the killer to do all this for free with no risks what so ever.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    Options

the most optimal thing imo is the 4 of you just waiting it out but I would never be willing to do that

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options
    Wait it out until the affected gens are open

If all 4 survivors are smart they would just crouch in a corner until it ends, but that won't happen in soloQ

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,006
    Options

I pretty much solely play solo survivor so I usually just go find an unblock gen to work on. If one of my other teammates get caught out, I would much rather be working on a gen then hiding out.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

Corrupt is a double-edged sword for the killer

Sometimes the only survivors they'll find will be around those gens and committing to those chases will effectively mean they didn't stop gens being done elsewhere, ideally you want to chase survivors into other survivors doing gens and that can't happen if they are blocked

Not only that, but Corrupt can actively encourage survivors to not three gen themselves - Let's say you get a big map and you spawn in the middle and the three furthest gens from you are in 3 different corners, if survivors do the other gens and leave the corrupted ones until last you will have an extremely tough endgame if they aren't dead by then

I don't run corrupt, I feel like it encourages bad habits and makes the early game boring - If I know where survivors are gonna be (Which with experience/perks, you typically will) then you don't really need it

Not saying it's a bad perk, it's just a bad perk for me.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Totem>Chest>Available Gen - in that order, applies only when no survivor has been caught yet.

I wont actively search out a chest, but if no one is caught yet and I see an unsearched chest I will go for it before I hop on the gen.

The moment someone gets injured the Available Gen becomes top priority to create some type of pressure, unless Hex's are involved in which I'll still attempt to search for totems.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

I'll usually look for totems and chests first, Then if the gens are still blocked I'll just go look for an unaffected gen.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

It depends on the situation. If the killer is just patrolling the unblocked gens, wait it out. If they're not, go do a gen.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,678
    edited May 2021
    Options

for a 4 man , wait it out

for 3-solo just find unaffected gen

if its a prep killer like hag or trapper, harass their traps and do a gen if they chase someone

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

If you all split up the killer can only find one of you at a time, so it's worth it IMO.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I always go look for a gen.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    Options

My Trapper loves it when these 4 "smart" survivors wait for Corrupt intervention to end. Please, i need more of them.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

4 man SWF and its not a trapper or hag go hide. Solo Q go gens