Anyone else hate the new BT?

Options
ItzPixelYT
ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

I don't know why they gave BT a rework tbh...I preferred the old method, now I just get a lot of killers waiting out 12 seconds. On some maps 12 seconds isn't enough to make it to a window or a pallet either.

Sure it's good it works against no terror radius killers but I really didn't see that as an issue...even when the endurance status pops up I used to use that as a indicator the killer was near aswell.

I'd rather they just reverted it back to the old one or if you want to keep the current one at least give us stacks on it for extra bloodpoints so it's in line with BBQ so I don't have to run WGLF and waste a perk slot.

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Yes. Considering it's used on 3/4 survivors every game it's quite annoying. I may be unlucky with that but most games I run into rank 1s using BT and DH. While I dont care what perks people use its obviously overused. I dont get why it wasnt x meters near the hook to avoid stealth camping... nothing is worse than being across the map when the unhook happens but you still hit a bt anyway...

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

I kind of like it. It's a little easier to wait out but that's rarely an issue in my experience, maybe if you're in a really dead zone but if the killer is camping a dead zone it may just be best to gen rush instead of unhook.

Plus the removal of the limitation means some of the more obnoxious methods of camping like undetectable camping, sitting a short distance away with hag to run back right away and teleport if they trigger trap, or sitting far away waiting to throw hatchets at the hook as a huntress.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Yeah, I don't like it either. What I would truly like to see is its original version, which protected both survivors but could be only used once.

• Progamer888
    Progamer888 Member Posts: 230
    Options

Please no, it will create even more loose loose situation for the killer (which it's the reason ds got nerfed btw) and if you want to save someone while your injured, you deserve to be punished.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2021
    Options

I like new BT but I would have no problem if they give it back to 16 seconds.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179
    Options

BT change is good. stop crying.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Don´t worry. They´ll probably buff it back to 15 (or even more) seconds in a couple of weeks.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options
  • ItzPixelYT
    Options

On maps like Suffocation Pit when you're hooked in the corner. No it isn't...definitely not enough on Coldwind either. Majority of the time of it happening is someone going down by trading with me then the Killer just follows me and downs me at the 12 second mark.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I love that it goes off no matter what now, it's helped a ton against the killers that could have no terror radius or ones that could return to hook quickly from a distance like Hag or Spirit. Seeing endurance pop up with old BT wasn't needed to tell me the killer was close, I could hear the heart beat and in many cases see them to know they were close if it was a situation where BT would activate.

The player unhooking should be going for a safe unhook by trying to distract killer if they're nearby/returning instead of relying on BT to save you. If killer is after you instead of the unhooked you could also bait out a hit before BT runs out to give you the speed boost you need to get to a window/pallet.

• ItzPixelYT
    Options

No but sometimes with some terror radius the indicator did help is what i'm saying. You can't really bait out hits anymore with it because they just follow closely behind you then down you, unless you can make it to a window and force a hit...which is why i preferred the old one because it worked as intended and having the extra 3 seconds really mattered to reaching windows/pallets.

• C_Frank
    Options

Long response.

12 seg is a lot of time. the terror radius mechanic was bypassed by 50% of killer.

• ItzPixelYT
    Options
  • C_Frank
    Options

Survivors run 4 mt/s x 12seg = 48mts. Sure hooks are in a dead zone of 48mts of radius.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

It's not as bad as I thought it would be aside from the fact that it may be encouraging very unhealthy saves normally, but we will have to wait a while to figure that out.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Ah yes, my favorite perk from back in the day. Given Time

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 718
    Options

Like... you SHOULD be able to make it somewhere within 12 seconds... I guess I get why people are roasting you about 12 seconds not really being enough anymore, but there honestly are scenarios where 12 seconds doesn't seem to be enough time. I think if you plan out your chases well enough, 12 seconds should nearly always be enough, but I've definitely had matches where I got hooked in a corner dead zone, and to get out of there I have to bypass some random debris (no pallet), a hill, and then get to like... a pallet gym with the pallet already gone LOL

I mostly only feel like 12s isn't enough in the rare cases where the killer has STBFL and has several stacks of it + being forced to run in dead zones.

Despite that, I don't really think the nerf aspect of the change to BT is that bad at all, and the buff is incredibly good and far outweighs the bad. IMO it's more an issue with how maps tend to spawn now. I played a game on Suffocation Pit where the shack side of the map had a hill on one side of shack, and a complete dead zone on the other side with a gen. And when I mean dead zone, I mean DEAD ZONE. There literally weren't even more than like... 4 or 5 trees. I even took a clip of it but I may have deleted it recently to clear up some space. Whenever I play on Wretched Shop I also notice that same issue- there are so many spots on the map where there is just absolutely NOTHING to work with, and yet there are hooks and gens over there (thus requiring that you end up spending time in those dead zones)

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm ok with it I never. Bother tunneling unless they did a gen in my face and now if they are body blocking I just count to 10

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

The reason for the change was Freddy because if the survivor was asleep then BT did nothing as there was no Terror Radius.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248
    Options

The perk makes unhooking safer, it doesn't mean you just get a guaranteed unhook in front of the killer's face. This is like a Killer complaining that NOED doesn't work if they miss the survivor.\

It's still an extremely useful perk, but it doesn't mean you can just completely turn your brain off while going for the save.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,691
    Options

Wasn't the only reason. Wraith could bypass it, Ghostface could bypass it, Myers could bypass it if he wasn't in T3, Spirit and Demo and Hag could bypass it with their ability to return to the hook extremely quickly, Twins could bypass it with Victor or by switching to a nearby Charlotte after the unhook happened, Deathslinger and Huntress could bypass it by hook sniping outside the terror radius. Any killer with Insidious could bypass it.

I'm meh on the shorter duration, but given the choice between 15 seconds with no protection from workarounds or 12 seconds that work in all situations, I'll take the way it is now.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited May 2021
    Options

I think the current timer is more than enough. The problem is everyone wants to use BT and considers their job done at unhook because they had the Perk. Survivors should still be taking that protection hit or chase to keep the Killer on them and not the person they just unhooked. It is almost as if people see bringing BT as an excuse not to have to do anything else in that rescue. More to the point, an additional three seconds will make ZERO difference. If the Killer was willing to chase you for twelve seconds, he/she will chance you for fifteen. Reverting it isn't the issue. The mindset of the Survivors making the rescues is the issue, and this weird reluctance to trade hooks (or at least risk trading hooks).

People want TOO much from the Perk, which is why the person who got BT suddenly body blocks for the other. There is this perception that the rescue should always result in both the unhooked and unhooker getting away. That is unrealistic outside of a truly safe rescue.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

anyone who is against the new BT probably stealth camped hook before the change... just saying.

• Moundshroud
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm going to comment on this because it is ill-thought out and a foolish thing to say. It perpetuates this notion of "us versus them" and that Players here only want what is good for them personally. This is somewhat offensive, and entirely wrong. Most long term Players here play both roles and are interested in the overall health of the game. Your behavior is just obnoxious... just saying.

I'll use myself as an example. If you were to go back through my posts (quite a long time for example) I've been a big proponent of changing Borrowed Time so that it is based on range rather than Terror Radius. I have many posts to this effect, and many of them predate Borrowed Time even being seriously considered for a rework. I play Spooky Myers as my main Killer, i.e. the Build which NEVER has a Terror Radius.

That's right, I was advocating (forever) to take away what I felt was an undeserved immunity to Borrowed Time simply because I am Undetectable. I also know I'm not the only one. Obnoxious little baits like your unnecessary comment do very little to improve the overall civility of this Forum.

• Nathan13
    Options

I'm not trying to be obnoxious I'm just saying there are a lot of killers who actually did this to prevent BT from triggering. I mean I appreciate you at least advocating for the change because you saw how abusive it was. And now BT is perfectly balanced. Yes I think it could've been based on proximity range but killers like Billy, spirit and hag can transfer back to the hook in 2 seconds. So I can see why they made it so you always get endurance.

• Moundshroud
    Options

And if you were paying attention to the posts you would have clearly seen it is mostly Survivor Players who are talking about reverting it because they liked the 15 seconds in many cases. So your theory falls apart there too. I don't care what you think, but posts like yours are bait and perpetuate something that doesn't actually exist.

• Nathan13
    Options

12 seconds dosen't make that much of a difference so I can live with it. And no I didn't look at your posts all I said was I appreciated that you were advocating for BT.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

"On some maps 12 seconds isn't enough to make it to a window or a pallet either."

It's a joke? 12 seconds is enough you can cross half of the map linearly

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

Not to sound like an #########, but if you can't make it to a single vault or pallet in 12 seconds, you likely went down in a dead zone anyway before you got hooked. You put yourself in that position.

• Moundshroud
    Options

Fair enough, and for my part I apologize for landing on you like a ton of bricks. I just don't like the false dichotomy of the "us versus them" and it triggers me a bit. I think it should be avoided.

• Nathan13
    Options

nah you're good bro and I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk too on my other comment. I know the "us versus them" can lead to heated debates.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Options

I honestly like the new change because now I dont have to stress as bad about whether the hooked person is right outside my terror radius. Especially with cocky survivors. as a survivor it's much less you have to worry about in general.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127
    Options

I was worried about it at first, but I don't think it's as bad as I was expecting. I still use it in every match I can.

I was more upset about the change to Small Game to be honest. I play on a PC that barely runs the game and so my settings are so low that I can't always tell what things are sometimes. It helped me with seeing and avoiding traps and helped me find totems. I can understand why it was changed, so I'm not too upset about it. I will miss laughing at the part that says "Only works on Killer Traps that were set by the Killer."

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I actually prefer the new BT to the old one. It was a pain to make saves against a Freddy. Then there was the occasional wraith that hooked someone, cloaked and stood there. Just waiting for the save so they can tunnel the unhooked to death. As for 12 seconds. I feel it's long enough. If you needed 15 secs of endurance then your teammate probably made a bad save.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278
    Options

I didn't realize there was a bt rework, so when I got unhooked by someone with bt, I thought it wore off so quick. The killer came back and downed me. I thought it was glitched but apparently it's changed for good. 12 seconds may sound like a lot but it's really not

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173
    Options

To get a safe hook rescue they have to live for 15 seconds after being unhooked. So they could just wait out the time and still no safe hook rescue.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited May 2021
    Options

I find it very good for:

• Killers with fast mobility -> Billy, Blight, Oni who come to the hook as soon as they hear it. Even though they're already chasing someone. I've had quite a few situations where Blights would come as soon as they heard the unhook notification even though they were far away or chasing someone else
    • Killers such as Hag -> Now If I am healthy and I unhook, we can both run for our lives while we trigger 10 traps in the basement without the fear of getting downed because I am healthy and the unhooked person has BT. This is such a life saver....
    • It's great for killers that tend to proxy camp and occasionally walk out of BT range

------

I have gotten several snipes as Huntress from long range and across the map... It's very disappointing when the hatchet hits and the person has BT. At least, a majority of them are good spots and liked the snipe and the scare.

I've had survivors who would run to me and take the last BT hit while I was chasing someone.... Like bro, you have 1-2 seconds left of BT. Dafuq is wrong with you. And you're red rank?

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

New borrowed time is needed and everybody should be running it. So I've been playing a lot of Survivor lately because all my killer challenges are done and pretty much every game goes the same. Killer gets there first down yeah sometimes it's me but regardless gen's remaining is 3 or 2. Well guess what's coming after that tunneling, camping, slugging. I'm only a rank 7 Survivor so it's mostly camping here I also get a lot of not-so-fresh teammates who like to unhook me without borrow time and then run in the opposite direction so it was completely pointless to unhook me in the first place. There's too many killers out there that are resorting straight to Camping because three gens are done during their first hook which doesn't necessarily mean anything depending on which gens those are, how many resources have been depleted up to that point, and if all survivors are good in chases. Everybody be tripping

• ItzPixelYT
    Options

Your Suffocation Pit game is exactly what happened to me and it is why i made this post. Wretched Shop, any new coldwind map, Suffocation Pit & Gas Heaven are literally awful for tiles.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I could see that being a new one-time-use perk with tons of conditions. Brazen would be a good name for such a perk. Standing within 12 meters of both a hooked survivor and The Killer grants you the Unceasing status effect. Unceasing protects you from being grabbed or downed during the rescue animation. Just for the super-serious people out there, I was just having fun by making up a perk with little thought.