Why are killers still able to hook you when the progression bar is full?

I find it really stupid how killers can still hook you when your progression bar is almost full. That literally defeats the purpose of having a progression bar for struggling. I was going against a wraith on lery’s memorial institute. I was working on a gen with steve and laurie when he uncloaks, hits steve then hits me. My two other teammates run off to heal, while he traps me by a pallet. So i’m running around the pallet trying to avoid getting hit, and as soon as I’m by the pallet he downs me. So he picks me up and starts taking me to the basement (BTW: The gen I was working on was in a corner of the map and it’s where I got downed.) The laurie takes a hit for me as we reach the middle of the map and right there I’m at like 95 percent progression. So he jumps down the hole and somehow hooks me when the bar was full. I don’t believe he should have gotten that hook, he was in the corner of the map and decided to hook in the basement, plus the laurie took a hit. I should have escaped off his shoulder near the stairs. I’m not blaming the killer, I’m just saying it’s unfair how when your progression bar for struggling is full, they can still hook you. That makes no sense. (I’m also kinda salty how he was able to down me on the pallet, like what is his lunge range? Lmao he was uncloaked, jeez) :)

Comments

• ariegraves07
    ariegraves07 Member Posts: 13

I was at full struggle when he went down the stairs, somehow he was able to hook me. But thx for the reply anyways. :)

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

There’s been times I hit 400 wiggle points and still get hooked at a full wiggle bar. Those moments are infuriating.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Did you get the chance to see his perks or were you dead before the end of the match

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79

Its a mix between an animation lock and lag. The killer has hit the button and cant stop now so its similar to when a survivor jumps a window the action will happen regardless of everything else going on. Also there is just a problem with input lag for everything involving 2 people interacting. Try grabbing people with killer and you will experience it by seeing the grab animation happen only for the survivor to teleport away while your hand awkwardly floats there.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

The really annoying thing is that good Survivors can abuse this animation lag to break a Killer grab during an unhook and then, during the Killer's broken animation, unhook the Survivor.

I fell like this should be an exploit, but it's not so 🤷 I'll just go for lunge attacks.

• ariegraves07

He had Huntress Lullaby, Bbq and Chilli, Ruin and NOED. I wrote it down in case someone would ask lol

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

It's not about if that's fair or not, a killer should always be able to hook you. The struggle mechanic exists so that he can't hold you hostage.

Only very good teamplay and maybe misscalculation by the killer should result in a wiggle free. Yea I know it's annoying but we are talking about getting map pressure/hook or not and I think it's pretty obvious if it's 50/50 which side should be prefered, if you are being really honest.

• ariegraves07

Thx for the comment ig, but it sounds to me like u don’t understand what I mean. If your bar is full, then you struggled for that period of time and should be rewarded your escape. It shouldn’t be allowed that the killer can just teleport to the correct spot to hook u at the last millisecond when your bar is full. I respect your opinion, but I obviously don’t agree with it.