The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is anyone else running into more smurfs since new rift?

Just wondering if other people, mostly killers, have been seeing what I'm seeing:

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have not been able to play much dbd for two rank resets. This has put me from rank 1 to rank 10; it is what it is. However being stuck down at these ranks I've been noticing a fair amount of survivors, typically between ranks 10 and 6, who are clearly very capable loopers and are very efficient on gens. basically they do everything I expect of people around ranks 1-3. I mean, survivors already have the head of balance pampering them at every turn so why smurf and why so many smurfs? and we aren't even talking about solo smurfs, i'm seeing 3-4 man smurfing bully squads!!! The people who I find near impossible to beat up at rank 1.

I know there are some people who might not think this is such a problem since they are doing it for easier games but for someone like me who's trying to get out of the lower ranks the matches are either the things that give me nightmares at rank 1 or an absolute chill rofl-stomping of a time against people who belong in the lower ranks. I find it an issue because I'm not supposed to be there and I get accused for smurfing when in fact I'm being held back by smurfs. To me a tough match is a tough match and I can tell they are smurfs because they are all chill until suddenly they realize I know their tricks...that's when the sweat comes out. but really, as a killer main it honestly isn't fair to survivors at lower ranks and I often find myself relaxing and "playing" with them more to be sporting or learning to use other killers that i'm not proficient with. however I can't escape knowing that it is really unfair to them for me to be matched with them when I run my better killers and builds trying to get out of green ranks but only being met with survivor teams who very clearly belong in red ranks.

Comments

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Because just like you think that tunneling, camping and slugging are legit tactics because getting a 4k at all costs is the way the game must be played, these guys think that genrushing etc are the way the game must be played.

congratz, you are complaining about your image in the mirror

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

nah man just gnomes

• StrongWolf85
    StrongWolf85 Member Posts: 86
  • MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

wow, amazing, you are wrong on literally ALL accounts.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

It's all down to the bug, I'm usually a rank 1 (and a very good rank 1 at that) I'm now rank 9... this isn't my choice but know I'm sure alot of people are in the same boat, while I'm not toxic etc. I still feel a little bad but iv been burning a bunch of party streamers to try make up for a possible rough game. (Honestly though haven't noticed much difference in teammates they still hide and dont do gens lol) my advice is just see it as an opportunity to see and learn how higher skilled players play, how they loop etc. Learning that can only improve you

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

It's the rank reset bug. I was a rank 4 survivor but was bumped to rank 15. There's a bunch of survivors and killers that were red rank bumped back into low ranks. It's rough for the legit low rank players having to go against what should be high rank players.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

I see the surfs as people who find higher ranks more difficult because they can bully that easily.

So the make a smurf account and start bullying lower rank killers.

Because they can accept defeat and want their god ego being fed as much as possible.

And as they find it harder to do in higher ranks, they resort to the lower ranks

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited May 2021

I was rank 1 on both sides and have 1000+ hours

I am now rank 19 survivor, which shouldn't even be possible for me to reach after going above rank 16

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Where did he ever say that in his post though? I'm confused lol.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

I've played solo / 2 man / 3 man / 4 man SWF

I can confirm that ... Matchmaking is busted. What a surprise.

We've gotten purple and green ranks before even though we were all rank 1. Very rarely, it would happen that we would get a killer that's above rank 10.

In the case of where I was running 2 man and 3 man SWF we would sometimes get a purple / green rank teammate and a red rank killer. or a green rank survivor and a green rank killer.

Conclusion: Ranking is all over the place... Even Solo, 2 days ago I got placed against green ranks when I was red rank myself. I stood in Que for a while as well.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm a rank 20 Killer. I decided to learn the role today... And I got former red ranks who went back to brown because of the bug. 😭

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

RIP I got lucky and didn't get affected

At least you can practice a different killer

• StrongWolf85

Believe me I do consider these things when it occurs every now an again. A fellow streamer of mine hadn't played in so long she was down at rank 20. The issue being is that high rank players should very easily find their way out of green and purple ranks and there have been so many players, typically between ranks 10-6 who clearly don't belong at those ranks. The reason why I bring up the topic all together is because a fair amount of games involving players affected by this bug or smurfs have consisted of 3-4 players, usually claiming to be solo, behaving extremely toxic both in game and post game, and playing with such an obvious degree of coordination that there is no way you could convince me they weren't in coms.

As for me, my survivor was reset to a proper level given my rank, my killer was reset to rank 10, but I also missed 2 rank resets so I kind of expected that. I saw the memo from BHVR on the log in screen in game but otherwise had no idea what the effects of this "rank reset bug" were.

• StrongWolf85

Another person I stream with, well I appear in her streams I mostly record dbb for yt, she's been dropped down to rank 20 for not playing and skipping rank resets. Happened to me too when I picked dbd back up again in September, I had to start as a Rank 20 even though prior to that I'd reached rank 1 with both survivor and killer.

• StrongWolf85

Yeah, match making has been busted long before this debacle with rank reset lol, now it's even worse XD