The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Some survivors are toxic

ariegraves07
ariegraves07 Member Posts: 13
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

So I decided to play some wraith. There’s this toxic laurie that teabags at every pallet drop and clicks her flashlight so I down, and kill her. So they finish gens and I hook this Cheryl and try to down this Yui that is injured. Ofc she has dead hard and insta med. So she saved Cheryl and ofc the teammates body block. So there they are teabagging and clicking their flashlights at the exit gate. So I just hit them out. Idc that I didn’t get 4k, at least I got 1 and even if I didn’t get 1, I tried my best. And fyi it was a swf, 3 of them are rank 1 and the other is a rank 2. I’m rank 16 :/

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

It's OK, that was probably the first match they have ever won so they had to celebrate and show you that they won.

Let them enjoy the moment because it is probably a rare occurrence.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Matchmaking in this game is so poor, and going against survivors like that is very painful. But make sure to remember that this game is asymmetrical, and every match you play is different. While the poor matches are awful to play, it makes the matches that you win actually fun, and adds variety to this game.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

I'd of activated exposed. They'd of soon chipped quick enough then.

If yall gonna teabag me, here comes exposed. And guarantee to nail 3 down at the same time.

Some survivors game play are proper pants... always brush off and move to the next one mate. The match making recently has been terrible.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,694

when I see survivors do that at the gates I just chase them out so I can move on to my next game. I try not to let that stuff bother me.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401
    edited May 2021

That behaviour is toxic of course. Tea bags at the exit is not very polite (unless killer had tunneled and facecamped; in that case is more than correct).

As survivor if I wait for the killer at exit is just for hitting me last time. I don´t think most of the survivors are toxic. I think most survivors are nice, specially with no tryhard killers.

Keep going. We need more killers in game, man =D

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I unfortunately agree with OP, I'm having a hard time trying to find decently nice survivors who aren't a glorified hemorrhoid. I'm not saying they're nonexistent, it's just that swf tends to drown them out for a quick and easy chuckle. Maybe someday this will all be a bad memory

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Learn what is actually toxic and what isn’t.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited May 2021

I started using Bloodwarden because I got tired of waiting for survivors to leave. No regrets. The other day a Kate was injured, but teabagging me at the exit gate and she had no idea I was running it until it was too late LOL. So satisfying. Only one of them lived.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,127
    edited May 2021

It's so much fun doing that. "You don't want to leave? Fine. 'Til death do us part, lover."

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504
    edited May 2021

The most frustrating part of that post is the matchmaking. I'm sorry that that happened! That can be so discouraging when you're just trying to learn the game and have people celebrating that you're not skilled yet. It can feel like you're being punished for being new. As a Survivor main, I'm sorry that that happened to you!

But hey, hang in there! You know with undeniable certainty that it was not a fair match. Skills aside they also had more hours and experience in the game that you probably do not have. It's crumby and unfortunately until matchmaking is ironed out it will happen (sometimes more often than others). Don't hold on to the frustration! Let it go and move on to the next match. Keep practicing and feeling out if Killer is for you.

And if you stick with it then one day you'll be cleaning the floor with us Survivors. 😊 Hang in there and happy gaming!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Cue the hyperbole and vitriol.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Killers are toxic, too. Your point? This community is awful, for the most part. Don't expect anything different.

• UrbanEvasionGamer
    UrbanEvasionGamer Member Posts: 39

I don't think teabagging is toxic. If it's getting to you, maybe you should log off the game? They earned the right to teabag when you didn't play well. It isn't toxic at all, just the survivors having a bit of fun. I never understood why people get so angry over people pressing the ctrl key or clicking their flashlight. It is just a game, after all.

As for the matchmaking? Welcome to DBD. You'll never learn anything unless you go up against people better than you. Take it as a learning experience.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am survivor but i am not toxic. If someone being toxic to me, i am also being toxic. But normal times i am just playing game.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Yeaaah, some players can be #########.

I had two games today with particularly toxic individuals.

The first:

A Laurie (coincidence?) that repeatedly brought the killer to my location via Bond and fast vaulted around me to lure them over.

The second:

A Dwight using bond that helped the killer farm my body for an extended period of time (downing, then healing) so I couldn't exit the game without disconnecting. They eventually killed me after I afk'd though.

---

It sucks, and is disappointing that people like this exist.

Just know others suffer with you, and to report the individuals after a game is done.

---

Fun fact:

I ran an looter build in the first game, and escaped through the hatch with a key I found after Laurie baited the killer to me. The killer closed the hatch afterwards, then killed her. Got the most points in that game, and was the only survivor. Karma at work there.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

A lot of survivors only players think the killer is their enemy, instead of their fellow gamer. While sure, they outplay you, and thats not toxic at all, no matter what perks involved, teabagging is a sign of disrespect, and i am sorry killers have to endure so much of that.

Also, the matchmaking is bad.

Just remember the opposition is not your enemy, but your fellow gamers.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,144

It still is the equivalent to rubbing something in. In this case mostly the sentiment of "haha, you can't do anything to me right now!" After a dropped pallet and in the exit gates. It is nice when you and other people are able to not let this get to you but it remains a mean to aggravate the opposition just like killer nodding after a down or hitting someone on the hook in the spirit of "haha I got you now!".

Of course there are survivor that crouch spam just to communicate in some form but like always the bad examples set the overall tone and meaning.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,144

I would strongly advice against waiting to get hit out of the exit. A hefty percentage of survivor (I don't have any number but it is extremely noticable) take enjoyment by even dodging this last attempts to get points by narrowly evading into the exit after baiting the killer with tbags.

Another thing is that I think survivor should immediately be sucked out the exit if all full health survivor are inside the exit. There is simply no reason anymore to stay in the game unlike when one survivor is still hooked by the killer for example. I can understand when a survivor does not ready up in the pregame lobby due to being afk during the long waiting time. But nearly every game I either have to wait out the full egc (which gives me time to break doors/pallets or spam my power for points at least) or take the last humiliation by survivor when they show their "skill" slipping into the void to deny my last attempt at some points.

Again I would advice nie survivor like you to simply exit if their is nothing more to gain but a few boldness points for you. Many killer won't show up at the exit and you leaving might be an incentive for the "lurkers" to also stop their behaviour.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

I love it when a survivor gets a pallet hit and clickity-clicks instead of running away only to get downed two seconds later.

My solution to this toxicity is adding teabag capabilities to all killers.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

I love how as a society we’ve went from the definition of toxic as actual abuse and slurs to simply teabagging in a video game.

im convinced people that think this games community is toxic never played another online game in their lives

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    edited May 2021

Another "survivors big bad wolfs" thread let's move on to next

I saw you corrected the title thanks for correcting and not generalizing whole community based on toxic Laurie

Post edited by justbecause on
  • Gnarly
    Gnarly Member Posts: 429

Keep at it and just ignore them, good players weight out the bad players...💛👍

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
  • papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2021

It's not some survivors, most of them are toxic and the higher rank you go the more toxicity you will see. It's rough being a killer out there.

• papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2021

I think you're kind of proving the point that some survivors are toxic.

Also for the people who say this is just a game get over it. Exactly. It's just a game, no reason to BM people too.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396
    edited May 2021

I think your issue here is with matchmaking, friend. Nothing in your post is what I would consider to be necessarily toxic. Teabagging at the exit gate is definitely BM but you can literally force them out like you said. Bodyblocking and insta’s are part of the game and completely fair game for the survivor to employ. After all it’s the survivors jobs to look out for themselves and their teammates, not for you. The matchmaking in this game sucks and I don’t think anyone would disagree with you there, but to call people toxic just because they’re in a SWF, use good perks and items, and then teabag at the exit gate is a little overboard.

If they messaged you after the game and started harassing you and/or calling you slurs that’d be another story.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • oliviaa
    oliviaa Member Posts: 104

if repeatedly crouching and clicking flashlights is considered toxic to you then you are in for a VERY rude awakening as you rank up in killer lmfao

t-bagging and is not toxic nor is clicking flashlights, if it affects you that much then simply don't play killer. there will ALWAYS be survs that click flashlights, body block (which IS a strat), and t-bag.

killer mains go absolute feral when someone t bags them and throw games just to camp and kill that one survivor then cry about it on here or reddit that survivors are overpowered. it sounded like YOU ruined your game by going after that laurie the entire game and letting the 3 others pump out gens

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Here's a clue for you: You are posting on a public forum on the internet - If you do not want people to comment on your posts - don't post.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

That's not toxic. That's just bad manners. If they start calling you ethnic and homophobic slurs or to #########, then I'd agree that they're toxic. They did in fact bully you though but that's more because of matchmaking than anything.

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173

One time I hit a survivor while they vaulted a pallet and then they teabagged me. Like bro I literally just hit you.

• UrbanEvasionGamer
    UrbanEvasionGamer Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2021

We can agree to disagree without you cursing at me and namecalling.

I don't know how your low rank factors into what I said? If you're getting so upset over it perhaps it's time to take a break and play something else. That was the message I was conveying.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,663

Since OP decided to continuously insult and attack everyone who shared a different opinion, I decided to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.