Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Dead Hard too op?

Sinatyxmas
Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72

Me and someone else on the forum are going back and forth arguing whether or not dead hard needs some kind of rework or nerf.

Help us decide so we stop arguing.

Is Dead Hard too op? 92 votes

Yes
36%
Techn0GibberishkodiakyBlueberryDimekMementoMori_MassacreHoodied[Deleted User]Frontdoor6MrPenguinPlantCollectorbjorksnaslandromatMadLordJackSinatyxmasJay_WhyaskAkito Antares2332glitchboixtr4me 34 votes
No
63%
WeederickWhite_OwlSeiko300Jacoby2041Aven_FallenJawsIsTheNextKillerSkeletalEliteGoogolRullisikickasskielTaigaDr_LoomisDetailedDetrimentCornpopers_EvanInsaneCoasterMooksPainaSzarmanthefallenloserNomadd 58 votes

Comments

• Sinatyxmas
    Yes

Share this post with others so there are more votes

• Szarman
    Szarman Member Posts: 246
    No

No it's not 😁

• Shiril
    Shiril Member Posts: 1
    No

I could say that dh is one of the top tier perks but wouldn't call it "too op". Surv nearly always takes an exhaust perk. The case is that they help you differently. Lithe, sprint, smash hit and balanced landing mostly help with making a distance between surv and killer, not getting hit for the first time. While with dh you easily get hit for the first time but have a much better chance to live longer while being hurt. If perks had their own exhaustion statuses then I would agree wholeheartedly. But that's not the case and so it's just other top tier perk

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Yes

It provides way too much value for putting yourself into a bad position.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    No

It's overrated. In some situations such as a one hit scenario it can't be used. Sprint burst is much better. It rarely has hurt me when I played killer.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Depends on how its used and against who, when used to gain distance it can be considered op.

Unless you're at a short loop with a ranged killer.

If you use it to dodge a hit, then thats the intended purpose.

Unless the killer waits it out.

It has its moments but I wouldn't really consider it "OP" more of just "Meta"

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    No

It takes skill to use, it takes some patience to counterplay. Feels like a very welldesigned perk. Its only reliable while looping to get that extra distance, which can have a big impact ngl. But compared to sprinto bursto, which is pretty braindead value, its seems fine.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    No

I just wish it didn't cause frame drops when activated.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    No

Although to be honest I only use dead hard when I am already on the floor for some reason.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited May 2021
    No

I know one thing: it's a pain up the bloody backside.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    No

Not really OP especially if you know the surv runs it. But definitely a powerful perk!

i think another downside to exhaustion would be something that the game needs tbh, which would be a small nerf to all exhaustion perks. Something like grunts of pain/breathing is a little bit louder or running speed is minimally slower (test out what number works, probably something less than 1% decrease though?)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    No

Annoying in some scenarios? Sure.

OP? Not at all.

• Sinatyxmas
    Yes

Hahahahahaha yeah no skill is needed to press a button.

• twocansofbean
    twocansofbean Member Posts: 200

when used for distance, it has no strategic counter and can extend a chase for a very long time.

isn't that every other exhaustion perk

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121
    Yes

the difference is that all other exhaustion perks have an activation condition that the killer can easily predict, and may cause the perk to be "wasted". dead hard can be used on command whenever it most benefits the survivor.

• Pika_Belle
    Pika_Belle Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2021
    No

To use dead hard you are already injured and vulnerable. Whereas other exhaustion perks you can use straight away for distance making the first hit difficult. Then there's the reason of dedicated servers, 9 times out of 10 you are exhausted on the ground due to bad ping on the killers side and you didn't even get to use it. Its not OP just risky af

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    No

It would be OP if it actually worked 100% of the time like all of the other exhaustion perks.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    Yes

It really needs toned down a little, the distance it makes its incredibly brutal and it doesn't even do its job as a dodging perk, it literally just makes distance

Also if almost every red rank survivor is using it thats saying something

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Yes

As long as Killer get those little extra distance from Bloodlust 1 I'm fine with things like Dead Hard giving it back, even I hate it so much.

But once we got rid of rewards for Killer for playing poorly, those things? Have to go. Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Balanced Landing, Lithe, Smash Hit. Idk what to do with those but.

I hate DH. Everytime I deserved the hit bc I did the correct play they just press a single button.. no mindgame, no correct play - just a button. And they practically win the chase. Makes me furious sometimes but like I said. I see Bloodlust and I'm like......fine.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699
    No

I rarely ever get good use out of this perk so it's a no from me.

• Zesty
    Zesty Member Posts: 380
    No

Doesn't bother me to much when playing Trickster for example, but any other killer it just feels like a cheap win at the chase...