Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do survivors seriously pat themselves in the head over pallet stuns and looping?

I know millions of survivors are sore losers and stuff, but do they really?

Had a lot of matches in which I kill a survivor and at the end of the game they cope with "S-so what if I died? I stunned you 4 times! HA!".

Is that seriously a victory for survivors? Running from a killer for a few seconds, getting a few pallet stuns, etc is that enough to make survivors pretend they didn't just lose the whole match and got humilliated?

Because I never seen a single killer who had all 4 survivors escape and he coped with "Oh w-well but at least everyone was on death hook!" or "A-at least I kicked 3 gens!".

Comments

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Millions of survivors being sore losers is rather hyperbolic, but rotten players play both Killer and Survivors you learn to shrug em off and ignore them after a while and just focus on the good convos and games. They can be bad sports all they like as long as I have fun and continue being a good sport they are popcorn entertainment

• lewis
    lewis Member Posts: 63

Escaping is good but if I have really fun chases it doesn’t matter.

I’d consider it a win for me if I get some good loops in and teammates get out.

Being a solo Q only player your chances of escaping are not the best so playing as well as I can is all I can do.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I'm proud of myself for looping a good killer, even if I die I think to myself "wow, I did alright and I'm getting better with it!" but I don't think I could ever get salty and get mad at the killer for getting me despite doing well ;w;

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

I've stunned a killer 8 times before in a single chase. Not a huge accomplishment, but still gets pretty funny the longer it goes. If get downed at the end anyways, hey, who cares? I got my amusement out of it so I consider it a win

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,367

Seeing as a lot of killer players do in fact aim to get as many hooks as possible rather than as many kills as possible, I think you might not understand that someone's personal win conditions aren't the exact same as yours.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

I'd say in reality it's only a handful of people but they are LOUD and they won't shut up until the convinced people that their way of playing is the only legit one, and that all perks and killer abilities that work against their playstyle must be removed

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

This. You'd be the kind of player that I would be referencing as a counterargument to everyone who talks about how cheap and toxic the killers are.

• NightmareKiller
    NightmareKiller Member Posts: 181

Show me a single "survivor bad" thread besides this one because all I see every day is survivor mains crying about campers, tunnelers, sluggers and Spirit.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Seriously. In my first couple of weeks playing the game I went against a Huntress and happened to be pretty good at dodging her hatchets. We ran across each other several times in the match and had a couple of good chases.

Eventually I was the final survivor, and she won. But rather than hooking me she got me back up, motioned for me to follow her, and out of sheer curiosity I did. Using her body language as a guide I could tell that she wanted to engage in a test of skill - she headed up to the top of one of those little Autohaven hills and raised her hatchet. I started juking around to indulge her, and managed to get away from all but the last throw. She grabbed some more hatches, I waited, and again she got me up and we went another round. This time she got me with her second throw. After that she brought me to the hatch.

As someone who'd only been playing the game for a week or two that made a huge impression on me and I've never forgotten it. I'd love to give someone else that same feeling. It may sound all flowers and rainbows but sometimes sportsmanship really is more fun than winning.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    edited May 2021

Well I dont pat myself in the head but I do pat myself on the head

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I'll take someone who "copes" by finding something to be happy about even when they lose over someone that can only feel accomplished and content if they win. Not saying people aren't allowed to be happy about winning, but thinking a lost (or even draw) match is all bad is how you get people that can win 20 games in a row and then start seething when they get a single loss.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Not everyone is playing to win. Honestly this thread makes you look kinda whiny just from that first sentence.

There is no set "win" in dbd. You can get 10 hooks and barely safety pip or 4 kills and safety pip. You can escape and safety pip or farm your teammates, do no gens and die and pip.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Maybe it's because pallet stuns are extremely hard to come by and often comes with you getting hit in the process, especially with ping and so on.

If I stun you with a pallet without getting hit, I'm definitely throwing a party. 😝🥳

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

I dunno if he looped you a bunch and stunned you a couple times sounds like he did his job his team just didn't help out very much while he was in a chase.

Its sort if like in baseball if you hit a home run each time you get to bat but you loose by 10 points you can say yah I did pretty good that game

• NightmareKiller
    NightmareKiller Member Posts: 181
    edited May 2021

Or you know, people could just accept they lost. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

It's ok to lose. It's not ok to pretend you won when you didn't win.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

You can't really sort out what's a win for a survivor. For some it's 4 stacks on WGLF.

You just shouldnt forget that if this guy is a solo survivor, the only thing that counts is what he did in this game. What did he do behind the scenes? And did he f you up a little bit?

If so then yea. You can't say "Oh your team lose" Because that's not in his hands. He could be the best survivor and do everything right, if some or all teammates does not, then you can't do anything about it.

So yea it matters what you call a win. If you kill all 4 you will usually call it a win, same with every individual Survivor.

If I run a killer for 4 minutes and 1 gen got done and we all die at the end, clearly I won. Not my fault that the others just watched.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    edited May 2021

I get pallet stuns about 2 or of every 10 throws, so I’m happy if I actually landed one. I don’t teabag or be a dick about it; I just think “oh, yay” and run.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You take this GAME too seriously - you know that right?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,367

How? Victory and loss are not something that is defined in this game, it's completely up to interpretation.

When I play survivor, I don't care if I die, if at least one survivor escapes, that's a victory to me.

As killer, all I aim to do is hook all survivors at least once.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

I hate those kinds of smug survivors. I am proud of myself for looping a killer yes, but I'm not like "I'm a god among men, and you just suck." I know I'm good at the game, but recognize that being "good" is not that complex. You run a tile a certain way, especially against a 110 killer, and they can't possibly get you unless you make the mistake. That's why those survivors need to play both sides and learn some mutual respect.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Victory in this game is very subjective. To me if I get 3 kills by any means I win, if I loop the killer for longer than 2 minutes and die I half win. It's up to the person.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I have never in my 1000+ hours heard anyone brag about such a thing.

more likely that survivor was just happy they got their "do 4 pallet stuns in a match" challenge and because your mind is so rigged that "millions of survivors are sore losers and stuff" you just took it as bragging.

It's funny how a flawed view on the world can twist the words some people are hearing/reading

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Of course they do, you have those everywhere.

Seen plenty of Survivors over the years who brag about blinding me at Pallets. (Can still hear their footsteps lol)

Seen plenty of Killers over the years smacking me on the Hook and nodding cause they hooked me pretty quickly.

They either actually feel like it's an accomplishment, which could be seen as a sad thing but also maybe cool that they did something they consider hard to do, or they are just venting in this certain way about having lost the match.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I don't know about pallet stuns, but if I looped a killer for a few gens, Get hooked, saved, then loop the ######### out of them again. So my team finishes gens and gets out, hell yeah that's a win.

And more fun then doing 3 gennys and escaping with no chase. IMO.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

I always try to play killer as relaxed as possible. I'll take the hooks I can get, I don't camp, I anti-tunnel, and I don't do anti-hatch slugging. The only killer that I really get frustrated on with this is Trickster, but that's because while I do like playing him, he is absolutely terrible.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Every interaction with the Killer has a chance end badly as Survivor. So if a survivor is able to loop you through multiple pallet stuns, that is a successful chase for the Survivor team. I don't know at what rank you are experiencing gloating about it but, newer players, who are finally learning how to run successful loops and stun the Killer kinda feels good.

If the Killer is eating multiple pallet stuns and long chases, that is contributing to the other teammates being able to do objectives, unhook and, heal. Someone needs to take the heat and, if you can run the Killer around for a couple minutes, that's a good chase for the Survivors.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited May 2021

Comparing Apples to Oranges.

I think its ok to accept that someone ran you good, even if you killed them. It doesn't mean that they are not allowed to feel accomplished a little.

I have seen survivors literally run a killer for what should have been 2-3 gens, but their team sucked, and thus no gens were repaired. So I am not going to not acknowledge that they lost because of their team.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I'm happy when I stun and loop but I never say anything about it in chat. I'm just bad at that stuff so I get excited when I'm able to. As killer though, it is extremely annoying when survivors brag about that and say you're bad even though they died (without me camping or tunneling).

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Fun and win is subjective for each person doesn't make them sore losers and just because u saw one kid saying that doesn't mean survivors do that I feel like this is, another "survivors big evil wolfs" thread

• perezkarlo37
    perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 55

Sorry you meet survivors like that. I'd just ggwp ya. But, to be fair, hitting a killer with a pallet is an injection of dopamine to my brain.

• Dweet_Unfairfield
    Dweet_Unfairfield Member Posts: 215

Why do you care?

Are you one of those people who only play one role and hate the idea of the other side having fun?

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

If I run the killer for 5 gens, then get facecamped is definitely a win for me idc

• Funky_Monkey
    Funky_Monkey Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2021

I mean, it's a big adrenaline rush when you actually land it. Of course survivors are going to be unhappy when they die at the end...based on dbd stats most are solo players. Sometimes you just want to feel accomplished to some level. It's kinda like when I get a kill with the trap on Pig. It's really satisfying when it pops.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

Even just looking at the words that you use makes me shiver ("sore losers", "cope", "humiliated"). Why would anyone be humiliated just because they lost?

And why would someone in the endgame chat respond with "S-so what if I died? I stunned you 4 times! HA!"? Doesn't make a lot of sense, unless they got provoked by you.

To me, it looks like the problem is not the people you go against. And that pretty much narrows down the problem.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

bro you joined the forums 3 days ago, on the day you made this post, i don't think you have any weight to what you've seen in just one day