Deliberate Tunneling...

Options
Gnarly
Gnarly Member Posts: 429
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I understand you hate a certain player that might make you chase them for an entire match, so you face camp. I understand you just playing and keep accidentally running into one person.

I DID NOT DO ANYTHING TOXIC. DIDN'T TEABAG, FLASHLIGHT CLICK, OR EVEN GET TO LOOP HIM. HE TUNNLED ME WHEN HE SAW ME 3 SECONDS IN.

However, just played a match and I got not only tunneled, but he deliberately hooked me and only me. From beginning of the match he wanted only me, refusing to do anything but down me. Honestly no reason for it.

I depiped over that unfairness. Refusing to chase anyone, hit, nor hook anyone, but one person is very problematic, especially if I didn't do anything.

Best part...he disconnected near the end of the match.

Post edited by Gnarly on

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    edited May 2021
    Options

Did you bring a key, tbag, flashlight click, have OOO, or otherwise do something that would be perceived as toxic?

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

You probably t bag after a pallet drop bring a key or the killer remember facing you in a previous game and consider you to be toxic

• Reinami
    Options

Could be, it usually is a clue that its a SWF, although personally i like the reworked version and use it in my solo build.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I love the ironic ad hominems coming out.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

It’s quite funny since you can see how biased they are looking at their comments.

• SunderMun
    Options

Some likely will still consider it so, but honestly it being on a timer makes for some pretty interesting and hilarious gameplay for both sides, I found while testing it out. Once or twice it saved me from being 'mindgamed' somewhere I had no information. In other cases, it's gotten me caught when hiding near a downed survivor who is under a pallet, or gotten me seen as a killer comes by just at the timing it would go off and I'm stealthing in order to make distance before they might see my scratches.

If I see it in my games as killer, I'm not going to complaining; it's meme in a genuinely fun way. That said, not been lucky enough to go against it just yet.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

Some people just tunnel and/or camp without reason, other than to maybe get hate messages to chuckle at.

Otherwise, some people will just do it.

Try not to let it demotivate you or anything. 😣

• Gnarly
    Options

It doesn't...just felt personally attacked for no reason, like I try not to be toxic as a survivor since I play killer. I don't like upsetting other killers, but that guy just rude.

• Gnarly
    Options

I WOULD OF NOT posted this if I was being toxic. A Zarina had a flashlight, and my friend Nea had a key...I got tunneled for maybe playing Quentin?

• Reinami
    Options

Did you burn a map offering for haddonfield? Generally if i see haddonfield offerings i just camp/tunnel the first person i see. If i see a key i'll tunnel them out the game as fast as possible and don't care at that point.

• LordWack
    LordWack Member Posts: 21
    Options

Some players are easy to get.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Not one thing you listed is actually toxic, you can just do those actions with a character in a video game, how can it be toxic?

People need to get a grip.

Also someone who facecamps will find a reason to do it if they want to. But they need to Want to do it in the first place

• SunderMun
    Options

Ngl, a lot of people do tunnel people who play Quentin and Ash.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Tunneling is one of the side effects of the current gen speed.

When a killer loses 3 gens in his first chase, then he'll try to get at least that one kill.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

I got hard tunneled by a Spirit for 5 gens. Dunno what I did to her, probably killed them as killer so maybe revenge but she wanted me dead. Found me 2 mins of the start of the game, tunneled me off hook until death. I depipped for it too. Sometimes it just happens man. Sometimes they just really be feel themselves.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

Sometimes it just happens.

I have not touched Survivor in 2 years (the old struggle mechanic killed my wrist), but back when I did play, I had a Bubba facecamp me when he hooked me. Just sat there, revving his chainsaw in my face.

I did not bring any items, I did not twerk. Heck, my chase was short because I suck.

He sat there, revving, while my friend poked him nonstop. Then he revved too much and chainsawed me. My friend freed me during his cooldown animation.

At this point, my friend and both pubs were there. They all tried to bodyblock him, and he REFUSED to hit any of them, even when they blocked him in pallet-points so he had to go around.

He eventually re-hooked me (I am bad at Survivor, remember), and resumed facecamping while revving his chainsaw.

Did I do anything toxic that match? No.

Did I recognize his name, perhaps killed him as a Killer? No, but maybe?

Did I get salty? Nah! I saw laughing too hard at how absurd it all was. This man wanted me (Dwight), to have a totally miserable match, for some unknown reason. He threw the whole match just to try making me unhappy.

So I just kept laughing, died, waited for my friend to finish the match, and played another one.