A DC should count as a complete sacrifice

Options

The disconnect bonus isn't enough. When it comes to challenges, pipping, adepts, etc: we deserve the sacrifice points. It's not fair that the killer gets robbed of their pip or of their adept or whatever by a survivor pressing "leave match".

And this is not to lead into a fairness conversation on the part of the survivors. For example they'd justify DC's working the way they do now (not giving the killer any sacrifice points) by saying "Well, survivors get the downside of 1 less teammate which is unfair, so killers should lose something too." This excuse makes no sense because you're comparing in-game happenings to the points system which is outside of the gameplay. Giving the killer points for a sacrifice is not going to benefit them gameplay-wise, only in regards to their points.

Toxic survivors will use a DC as an ego protector, like "You technically didn't kill me, because I DC'd." And that's fine; they can have that. But it adds to their toxicity if they know that they denied you points by pressing a button, in a game where many people including myself consider pipping or 2-pipping a win condition. And if they can deny you something like an adept challenge, more power to them and less to you, because DCing has the power to do that for some reason.

So what I'm suggesting is for a survivor DC to count as 3 hooks on that survivor, unless they've been hooked already in which case the scoring system simply makes up the difference until it equals 3 hooks. I'm not asking for killers to get a free Pop or a free Dying Light or Furtive Chase stack, which we would have gotten had the survivor not DC'd. I'm just asking not to have my out-of-match score ruined because the other players left the match out of spite.

Comments