What is the point in Bloody Party Streamers

Obviously they give everyone in the match a boost for bp but as soon as you actually put them in the killer kills you instead of point farms obviously they have no obligation to do so but it's just nice to not have a try hard match where everyone gets what they really want which is BP with little to no effort. I've been in matches where other players get the killer to farm but it seems whenever I do it the killer just wants to sweat for a 4k and make off with extra bp that I gave them.

Comments

• Clünge
    Clünge Member Posts: 155
  • Shadow_Master953
    Shadow_Master953 Member Posts: 24

Yes and no. I gain more points messing around and farming as killer than I do sweating. Admittedly I'm pretty trash most of the time. I do see where sweat killers gain max points sometimes by try-harding. I just mean to say I can just as easily earn the same points a sweat can by goofing off in my own experience

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

The BP. It's mainly about that, and a few players (myself included) will thank the person who presented the Party Streamers and may be more flexible in playstyle, but that's a personal choice thing.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I mean in that situation the killers taking advantage and getting as many bp as they can by killing everyone so you can't blame them really.

But I've had the same situation where there was multiple bp in the match but they slammed out the gens in mins and everyone hardly got any points.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Oh yeah you definitely can get BP this way, but that way dont necessarily increase for 4K chances. Still possible though..

but -as was pointed out- this behavior of not letting the other side have points especially with BPS is not specific for killers. Survs may also go out of their way to make sure the killer gains as few points as possible..

• Shadow_Master953
    Shadow_Master953 Member Posts: 24

I am one who still has 6 pieces of cake from the 4th ann. I been holding onto for some lucky killers lol my goal is to use all my BP offerings on each survivor before I prestige

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I personally don't change the way i play when a BPS is in use, whether killer or survivor, double BP is double BP just gonna have a normal match so both sides can enjoy the match normally and get the bonus rewards.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited May 2021

I prefer to get 20-30k base points as a killer in 10 minutes than spend 25 minutes to get that 32k farming with others.

Even with 500% more bp, that is just an additional 50k bp that requires you to waste so much dang time.

If you are farming BP, that is one of the worst ideas to do.

Also, farming BP with survivors/killer is so 2016, getting tons of BP isn't hard anymore.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Because it's a game and people actually wanna play? It's no different to a 4man swf rushing gens with them on. It's just how some people play, personally I change depending on how the games going, if were do well as survivor I'll chill some more and open a chest etc. I wont rush the game but I'm not gonna farm neither

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

I have reached that point where I have everything I want on every character I want to play and reaching 1.000.000 BP is actually a nuisance because then I have to *ever so slowly* spend it all on a character I don't really care about while listening to the overly loud bloodweb sounds. I really don't understand why people go out of their way to farm BP.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,078

Nobody has to farm just because a BPS is played. Not even with 5 BPS, anyone needs to farm, if the Killer or the Survivors dont want to farm, nobody should force them.

However, I would like it if the BPS gives 100% Bonus BP to everyone and 200% Bonus BP to the one using it. Its a really bad feeling if you put in a BPS just to be nice and others get more points (because they burn a Cake and Pudding), despite playing like donkeys.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I have found that BPS is the quickest way to get tunneled out of the game or gen rushed to oblivion.

I know, just bad luck, but always seems to happen to me.

Another offering that is more enticing to SWF with.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

So BPS should be a free win?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

This is one of those ambiguous things where different people have different ideas about what playing party streamers means. Some people think it's an invitation to farm, some people play party streamers as a thanks/apology if they know they're going to run something really annoying, some people play them just because they have them and don't think about it too much, some people don't even look at the offerings, etc. You're kind of taking your chances when you play them.

That said, it really sucks if you play party streamers or cake and the other side bullies you relentlessly right after. But that's more because it sucks for people to bully each other in this game whether or not there are BP offerings.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,610

If I were you, and I would save them and use only during events, where people are more than willing to farm.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Because they don’t have everything they want unlocked and will have to grind millions of BP before they do...? Not sure what’s hard to understand about it, it’s a grindy game.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Personally, I see no reason to play any different because someone brings streamers or gateaus. Even if I bring them, that's only because they're still better than bringing nothing, and if I'm going to bring BP offerings, I may as well bring the best ones.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Im tired to give survivor second chances. If they mess up they lose. I will not camp or tunnel if it is not neccessary, but i dont try to get a 12-hook-game. But most of the time, i dont look at offerings. And i wouldnt play different if i see bloodpoint offerings.

• Scream_Queen865
    Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 110

The matches have been so rough lately with ppl only dying with 10-15,000 a match so I'll burn my streamers just to give everyone a little more out of their game. Other than that I save them.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

The same can be said for survivors, I don't run them unless we've played together before ,most survivors play even more immerse and deny you of every hook and it makes survivors extra toxic so, I don't run them at all.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,228
    edited May 2021

I've run BPS as a killer before, and ended up with survivors who ran BPS and a green envelope themselves.

I thought farming would be obvious, so I let them escape chases, and I hit the gens, but they still just ran away from me every chance they got, gen rushed, and escaped. We all got about 10k base BP.

I would have got way more had I just played normally.

So that's probably why killers don't take BPS as an invitation to farm, because it's usually counter productive.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Yep bring BPS as a killer and see what happens...nothing but ######### game play from the survivors when they see the offering.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I had games where i brought bps as killer and the survivors genrushed. They didn´t give me any hooks.

I had games as survivors where i brought in bps, and my fellow survivors let me die on first hook.

Some people like farming, some doesnt like it.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

This is funny. Not long after I first started playing the anniversary event came out and cakes were being played. Got in a game with 5 cakes and I assumed we wouldn't go tryhard mode and I took my foot off gas and seeked out each individual survivor tohook each one one at a time. They rushed the gens and bolted out the gates. The highest survivor has 13k so I messaged and asked why even play the cakes. Response (we should have farmed). #########? So 1 party streamer no offense means nothing.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Well, I am a mercyful Ghostface / Cannibal: You offer me extra BP and I only expect you to give me one hook each for my BBQ.

For that I will have mercy on you after the second hook and if I kill you it was an accident. I like Party Streamers as much as I hate a Haddonfield offering. But if you Genrush or badmanner I will return to my regular modus to kill you all if I can.

But that is my choice. Other killers make other choices and that is their thing, Party Streamers are signal, not a rule.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

Unless you want to play every single killer, you really don't need that many bloodpoints to be able to play the game the way you want. You really only need one survivor and the killers you are interested in to have all the perks, everything after that is nice to have but not necessary. So no, I don't see the need to ever farm bloodpoints. Just play the game normally and the points will come.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

They....are playing the game they bought?

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    edited May 2021

I have 96 cakes but ain't using them, nasty little survivors don't deserve it

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

I've always thought that if there's more than 1 BPS then it should become a farming match for BOTH sides. Survivors and killers deserve their bloodpoints. Survivors should allow themselves to be hooked and let the killer chase/hit them (along with damage gens) and killers should let survivors farm for healing bloodpoints and others.

Overall I just think it should become a chill match for survivors and killers and that they should take advantage of the great farming opportunity with more than 1 BPS.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

Think of the excessive sugar levels they'll have by the end, not to mention fat gain! You may even find lactose intolerant survivors, of those with IBS. You're missing out on the possibilities.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Yeah you're right, I know and cake is to be enjoyed not saved ,I may burn some maybe.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Just because I see a survivor play BPS doesn't mean I have to farm with them. If anyone plays that offering they better be willing to earn their double blood-points and not be given them. Don't expect other people to play a certain way because you want to, they could have challenges to do or limited time to play and not want matches to feel like a chore.