The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do people really think trickster is good

piggygooik
piggygooik Member Posts: 576

Ya he might not be the worst killer in the game which is already high debatable. he can do decently well on certain loops but that's the problem only certain loops. the other range killers do so much better on any other loop. For example, if someone vaults that's basically a free hit for huntress and PH with dealthsliger unless you get unlucky he gets a hit or at least an injure. HE might be stealthy cause of his small terror radius but so is deathslinger. he needs some good buffs to help him come close to even deathslinger which is arguably the worst out of PH, huntress, and deathsligher. and plz don't come at me with your just bad or people are just bad bull since almost the entire community says he's pretty damn bad

Comments

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

He excels in a certain playstyle which is dead zoning people or catching people off guard and downing them automatically by landing all of your knives. If you can wrap yourself around that playstyle and have moderately decent aim he is pretty decent. Not as good as the other ranged killers though. I have 250+ hours on him, and so I've had some serious time to play him. If you have to resort to playing scummy he excels in that also.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

I don't think most people think Trickster is good. A lot of people just realize that he's not completely awful with the minor buffs he got. He still needs weak, but he's at least playable against average survivors.

• piggygooik

i mean don't instadown killer or like Ghostface also excel at catching people off guard as well

plus good job on playing him for 250+ hours that's impressive

• GodLikeTerror

Ghostface excels in it, but he has some problems that can really wreck you mainly with his shroud bug. Trickster is incredibly good at certain playstyles. He is a lot better than most people think he is. Do I still get frustrated playing him? Yes, because certain maps aka mothers dwelling can make it incredibly unfun for him. Trickster comes with amazing sets of addons also that can really change how you play him. Death throes I've figured out is actually an incredible addon, but honestly he is a killer that requires a lot of time just in general on him and other killers to excel on him. Most people don't have the patience for that.

• piggygooik

ya that's also the problem with him most other killers do his job better than him,

• GodLikeTerror

I guess in a way they do, but Trickster does have some things going for him. I think he plays the ranged ascept in some aspects better than DS/Huntress though, but they overall have a lot more power though.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

Trickster is good when you have 548326 million gen control perks. Overall he's overrated. He's carried by perks. If killers are carryed extremely by perks, that shows an issue

• GodLikeTerror
    edited May 2021

I don't know about that I only use like 3 perks on him. Does shadowborn really count as an actual perk? I use corrupt/ruin/bbq/shadowborn, and more than half of the games ruin is gone in the start. I do just fine with him. I don't know how he is overrated when barely anyone plays him yet even performs even remotely decent with him.

• piggygooik

i mean isn't one million gen control perks good on any killer

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
  • GodLikeTerror
    edited May 2021

???? I'm always rank 1 lol I have 2.3k hours in the game. I have 250+ hours on Trickster alone and could prob play him perkless and do just fine at reds, because most red ranks are actually bad at the game. I have played several killers with zero perks for fun, and have done fine at reds. Ranks don't mean a thing when someone with 40 hours in the game can get to red ranks.

• piggygooik

im on your side since It hard to win without perks at rank one but possible

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Some people think he is decent. Overall vs casuals sure any killer can be decent. But vs the people who play sweaty all the time good luck. He is great vs short loops but any high wall loop pretty much can destroy him so long as you are a decent looper, and the shack can almost become an infinite tile vs him. Because lets be honest whenever you face against trickster you most likely think it's going to be a free match. Since I'm sure 80% of tricksters only get 1k vs decent loopers. I only have lost to the trickster 2 times since his release. So In my opinion he is the weakest killer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

He does very well at every loop, it's just that... Slinger plays Maze Tiles quicker, Huntress snowballs better, Plague has a better power spike, etc.

His strength comes from being a jack of all trades, but that's not really much of a strength in DbD. He has a hard cap on chase times of around 30-40 seconds, but that's also his floor. He can only get truly quick downs in open area's.

He is, all in all, a very average killer with nothing remarkable about him except how average he is.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I hate everything about him. I don't know if he's hard to use, I didn't purchase him and don't plan to. To me he sounds like nothing more than a spam killer, a character who has no skills other than running around holding a button that throws nigh-infinite projectiles everywhere. Sooner or later the nigh-infinite projectiles catch up to you, because it's a simple mathematical likelihood, and you go down. Yay, fun.

• Affrax
    Affrax Member Posts: 19

I think he's OK, not terribly weak (I still say he's better than someone like Legion) but not super strong either. He's really good in open areas where survivors have little to no cover or tiles/loops with a clear view for him to stick knives into survivors who vault or try to loop around a short wall.

Honestly I say on maps like Coldwind Farm or Autohaven he's really good because it's so spaced out and open for a majority of the map so he can just knife people down if they're in a bad position.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Trickster can be good. Every killer can it depends on whos hands they are in.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Yes. There's a couple maps he's weaker on, but with each rework the ranged killers become stronger as higher obstructions are removed.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231

I also think Trickster is good. I do pretty well with him and I really can't complain, cause I have a lot of fun playing him. Have to say I'm rank 6, so he might be awful in red ranks against SWF sweat teams though.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I mean when you give off the same energy as this guy

You are Mediocre at worst, literally god at best

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

A bit off-topic, I just want to leave this and I'll head out:

There was another topic about The Trickster going on at the same time as this one, that topic specifically asking how people felt about having anime characters in the game now that The Trickster is a thing. I think that the topic was deleted because the OP may have been evading a ban, that's the only hint I got before it disappeared.

Anyway while most in the topic agreed that anime and / or other Trickster-style characters were not wanted, there were some who felt otherwise. I was in a lengthy discussion with a couple of them. If you guys see this I just want to say, because I didn't have the chance before, that despite the fact that the conversation could have been seen by some as heated I was actually very much enjoying the discussion and have no hard feelings. We all have our own opinions, I was just very interested in the depth to which we were debating what is and isn't appropriate in this game. I thought that it was a good conversation, so kudos.

That's all.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

No worries, you're always subject to your own opinion, even if I disagree with yours.

Hope you're having a good night, or morning, or afternoon, evening, idk. It's dark here.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Trickster is doodoo imo, nothing higher than low C tier