Changing and Balancing Survivor Perks for the better (Part 1)

dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Hello.

It is no secret that most of the perk on both sides are subpar compared to the meta. So to hopefully change the meta and increase perk usage join me as we go through every survivor perk to make them A or B teir. I can't promise you it will be meta but it will better then what we have now. If you disagree or have any suggestions for perk changes then give them.(keep in mind I'm only doing survivor perks because I am a survivor main and can't speak on killer perks)

Ace In the hole: No change. It's fine as it is I think. I also don't know how to change it.

Adrenaline: Leave as is

Aftercare: Activate from flashlight saves and pallet saves

Alert: increase the time to 6 seconds instead of 5

Any Means Necessary: Along with the current effect show the aura of dropped pallets throughout the whole map.

Appraisal: Along with the current effect you make no sound searching or rummaging through chest at all.

Autodidact: Along with the current effect increase the odds of getting skill checks by 10%

Babysitter: Along with the current effect if you take a protection hit for the survivor the survivor you protected leave no scratch marks or blood trails for 8 seconds.

Balanced Landing: Leave as is

Better Together: Along with the current effect make the aura of the generator red instead of yellow to prevent people from getting confused with killer perks.

Blood Pact: Increase range to 18 or 20 meters instead of 16

Boil Over: Take away all hook aura readings. And decrease movement Speed by 3%

Bond: Leave as is

Borrowed Time: maybe make unhooked survivor lose collision. But it's mostly fine as it is.

Botany Knowledge: increase healing speeds and medkit efficiency by 35% instead of 33.

Breakdown: increase aura read from 6 to 8 seconds. Hooks stay broken for 190 or 200 seconds instead of 180

Breakout: Along with the current effect when the wiggling survivor escapes from the killers grasp they leave no scratch marks for 5 seconds

Buckle Up: Along with the current effect whenever you pick up a survivor from dying state to the injured state or if you are 3 meters by the survivor when they escape the killers grasp you both gain a 7% haste status effect for 5 or 6 seconds.

Built To Last: decrease time from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.

Calm Spirit: Along with current effect decrease breathing sounds by 25%

Camaraderie: Have the same effect apply to other survivors when you 16 meters of them struggling as well.

That is all for now if you agree or disagree with the changes then let me know and if you have better suggestions give them please

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I like

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I like or have neutral opinions on all of these changes, which is shocking because of how many perks you touched

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited May 2021

I'm glad you like the changes. Which ones are you neutral on?

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Appraisal, Blood Pact, Botany, Built to Last, Breakdown and Calm Spirit.

They're just tiny buffs so I don't really see the difference either way.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Most of these are wonderful, however.

In regards to Camaderie, the issue is that this perk is worthless in solo queue, other Survivors won't know you brought this unless they happen to be looking. Change Camaderie so that it works in both phases AND it can be activated via Activate Ability. The struggle change should make it easy to use this whenever you want.

Any Means Necessary should not have a map wide aura, but aura reading for dropped pallets is fine. Limit it to like... 32m or something and we're good.

And increase the aura range for Bond.

Increase the base amount of seconds on Babysitter too, it triggering for other Survivors with a protection hit definitely sounds good, but the amount of seconds Babysitter lasts for atm is worthless. Maybe make unhooked Survivors quieter during that time would be nice as well.

Blood Pact, in addition to a bigger meter range as you suggested, should have the movement speed buff increased some more and a increase in healing speed when you are healing the obsession or the obsession is healing you.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

With Buckle Up I would just change the range at which you can see the downed survivors' struggle to have infinite range.

With Camaraderie I would increase the 16m requirement to 32 or 40.

Calm Spirit is fine, especially since I don't like perks that mess with sounds.

• Chunkyboi
    Chunkyboi Member Posts: 115

what do you mean with lose collision with borrowed time, otherwise its rly good

• RetroKrasher
    RetroKrasher Member Posts: 14

These changes seem really good :D

I really want to see what other ideas you have for perks like lightweight, this can't be happening and sole survivor, since these perks are horrible choices right now.

Also, I'm sure other people would like to help with changes to killer perks (including myself xD).