The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My Ode to Hex: Devour Hope

Thankfully due to some lucky totem spawns, I was able to get some amazing value out of Hex: Devour Hope in three matches in a row as the Doctor. These matches were fun and required me to effectively chase Survivors away from my totem before they found it. It feels especially delicious to get up to 5 stacks of Devour Hope and see the Survivors scramble to find the lit totem.

Based on this, Hex:Devour Hope is my new favorite Killer perk--provided that the hex doesn't get cleansed shortly after the matches begins. Otherwise, it becomes a waste of a perk slot. But hey, with great risk comes great reward...

Comments

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79

Indeed. That's a great point about it being a time waster.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

I admit - I was expecting a poem or lyric when I clicked this discussion, having read the word "Ode" 😁.

However, I completely agree. It's one of the strongest perks to have in your arsenal, and certainly ups the stakes in a game.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

One game last night i hooked a david and left. He got saved for my 3rd stack. I couldnt find anyone else so i went back to the hook. I saw the feng who saved him. She butt danced to get my attention. I dont think she was expecting to go down in one swing

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

If i get 2 hooks because of Devour, perks already gave me so much. So i am okey with that. And also survivors leaving gens and looking for totem. That gives me more time to find them.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,011

I really and truly love Hex: Devour Hope, its probably one of my top 10 Killer Perks. For a while I ran it on everyone on both PC and (primarily on) console. I doubled it up with Ruin a bunch, so either they broke Ruin and didn't notice Devour until the Exposed status became active, or they broke Devour and (sometimes) kept looking for ruin (or broke em both pretty quick, that happened too lol), which kept a few away from gens for a bit. Also the scary perk art. 10/10

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Yeah devour fits into this wierd psuedo slowdown where it doesnt technically slow anything down but it forces survivors to play unoptimally the only other perk that comes to mind with this is probably mindbreaker since they cant work on gens and recover exhaustion at the same time.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I've had success doing the same thing, except I'll throw Undying into the mix. Sometimes two totems will go, but in almost every instance I've run all three together, either Ruin lasts a long time and I get great value out of it, or Devour reaches critical point and it's a game-ender. In any case, a fun combo to run and pretty effective.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

When I've run it in combo with Ruin/Undying, I've almost always done so with The Pig -- the slowdown from people frantically looking for totems (either Ruin or Devour) coupled with people frantically trying to get traps off of their heads almost always leads to gen progression coming to a screeching halt after a gen or two has popped. And if they want to ignore the totems to power through gens, they're only doing so at their own peril. Devour's game slowdown potential is one of the underrated aspects of the perk -- even if they find it, that's time gens weren't being repaired by someone.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Welcome to the club.