So.. did the devs say anything about killer specific music?

zimer
zimer Member Posts: 130

i imagine this idea is already well-known.
it would be a great update for the game

why myers is the only one with music even though he is copyrighted?
and you can make original music for your original killers, and avoid the copyright backlash

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    A bit late to say but I would have killed to see the hello zepp saw theme play when a reverse bear trap is blinking red 75%.

But for other killers it would be cool. It would require some excellent talent to creates these themes but i think with what behaviour has done so far its not impossible.

Maybe some banjo music for billy in a chase? XD

Trapper should keep the original chase music since he is the face of dbd. For the wraith it would have to be eldritch in tone. 
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    I think they could probablydo it like in Identity V. Purchase a chase music, activate it, use it.

I guess that would be more popular than locking a music to a character. 
  • zimer

@Zarathos said:
    A bit late to say but I would have killed to see the hello zepp saw theme play when a reverse bear trap is blinking red 75%.

not to mention the pigs attack from crouch, should be a scary pig squeal, not a ######### tiger or what it is right now

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    In last stream involving music they talked about this and not on schedule but it is interesting idea. They said alot of process to go around that but definitely can't get music for other licensed killers. John carpenter liked there work on halloween theme. Not queen made sure to ask this question in depth.
  • Nebiros
    Nebiros Member Posts: 17

Since they don't even use the original game theme anymore I am sure they could use the different versions for each killer, with the Trapper's being the original killer theme, the Wraith or some other killer using the currently unused piano cut of the same original theme, and the clown already has his own version of the original theme, so now they can just use other already existing versions for certain killers it fits well with or make new ones for the other killers. As for licensed killers they could really just slowly raise enough money and request for the ability to use the respective killers themes on the menu alone, with the pig using the Saw theme, Leatherface using the odd and almost ambient sounding theme from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and etc....

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Zarathos said:
    Maybe some banjo music for billy in a chase? XD
    Lmfao I am thinking about this and can't stop laughing!
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    I’m surprised that the reverse bear traps didn’t get the Saw theme. 
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Freddy has the rhyme ... Huntress has the lullaby... Meyers has the dingagdings ... I have NO IDEA why Piggy doesn't have the SAW theme. I personally think music should be for those whose music is iconic or part of their deal. I don't think every killer should get it. It makes the killers that do have it that much more memorable. That's just me however. To each their own, it wouldn't make me stop playing the game.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2018

Pig should have either Pig Juicer (from Saw III) or a custom version of Hello Zepp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKuls95soHY

• zimer

@Onionthing said:
    It makes the killers that do have it that much more memorable.

why not give all the killers their own soundtrack, to make them ALL memorable?

For example the horror music in 'The Legion' trailer, when he puts the mask on, would it not be an awesome idea to add it to the actual game ?