Coulrophobia and Freddy's lullaby

Options

Does anyone know if Coulrophobia takes effect on survivors within Freddy's lullaby (ie. when they are awake)?

Comments

• Krowplex
    Krowplex Member Posts: 46
    Options

Wow, that's a good question. Technically speaking, The terror radius is delimited by how close the killer is to the survivor. As a survivor, when you are in the killer's terror radius, you can hear your heartbeat. If you don't hear your heartbeat, this means you're not actually in the killer's terror radius. Therefore, the lullaby isn't determinative of the terror radius. A good example would be the Huntress. You can hear the lullaby, but you're not actually in her terror radius.

To wrap it up, I don't think it would take effect on survivors, unless they are in the dream world.

• Deverer
    Deverer Member Posts: 24
    Options

Actually Borrowed Time works even if the rescuer is awake when he does the save (only in the Lullaby range), so Coulrophobia and other terror radius perks might work.

• Krowplex
    edited June 2018
    Options

Interesting. I think it would be worth testing it in-game in a 'Survive with Friends' match.

• Krowplex
    edited June 2018
    Options

Maybe this can help : https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Terror_Radius

And I quote:

The Heartbeat, also commonly known and referred to as the "Terror Radius", is a sound effect that is heard by Survivors who are within a certain distance from the Killer.

At the bottom of the page, you can also read:

The Lullabies of The Huntress and The Nightmare are not considered part of their Terror Radius and cannot be altered with any Perks.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited June 2018
    Options

I believe no since someone else started a thread about this very same thing and asked why doesn't it work if wake up is considered heal.

Edit: found the forum link to the post.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3578/coulrophobia-perk-should-affect-snap-out-of-it#latest

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    Options

I know that I've been affected by unnerving presence against Freddy when I was awake and hearing his song (Lery's map), but I have no idea if Coulrophobia applies.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

It should. Freddy actually always have a terror radius, it's just "muted" when awake to play his lullaby instead.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I suspect it will only take while your in the dream world, but that's just me. Not sure i'd use it with Freddy though.

I've found anything that reduces his terror radius is better as it makes his wallhack more effective. That doesn't mesh well with any perk that only works within a terror radius.

• Krowplex
    Options

Coming from the wiki, it should only work in the dream world, as Lullabies are not considered as the terror radius, but only when the heartbeat is active.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

If they are within his heartbeat radius Coulrophobia will still take effect.

The lullaby and Freddys heartbeat extends for 24 meters but only the lullaby is unaffected by terror radius perks. Coulrophobia will only affect the heartbeat and will not affect you once you hear the lullaby if Freddy is running anything that decrease his terror radius.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018
    Options

Speculation is great but I'm looking for a solid answer. Someone that knows first hand or something if it works, because a lot of perks that have to do with TR are so inconsistent for Freddy. Only way to know what works and what does is to try it and I'm on Xbox so I can't yet.

Borrowed Time works regardless of being awake or asleep, though it doesn't work for stuff like Pig's crouch or Wraith's cloak, or even Insidious.

Unnerving Presence does not work on lullaby, but Overwhelming Presence does. Distressing and M&A only affect dream world TR.

Stake Out I'm not 100%, but I think it works with the lullaby.

Point being every perk is like a case-by-case if it works with lullaby or not.

• Krowplex
    Options

Best way of finding out is to try it out with one of your friends.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Mc_Harty said:

If they are within his heartbeat radius Coulrophobia will still take effect.

The lullaby and Freddys heartbeat extends for 24 meters but only the lullaby is unaffected by terror radius perks. Coulrophobia will only affect the heartbeat and will not affect you once you hear the lullaby if Freddy is running anything that decrease his terror radius.

This. For instance, Stake Out gains stacks against Freddy regardless.