The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

HUGE survivor buff

RotBb
RotBb Member Posts: 396
Time to get my insidious leatherface, Borrowed Time now counts as a whole new health state, so now you hit them, and your hit did nothing if they have any way to heal. Borrowed time no longer goes down while being chased, so now only huntress and nurse can stop those last second escapes. Endurance is stronger than the exposed effect, and stronger than all instadowns. 

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

@yeet said:

when survivors are still the stronger side, they don't deserve buffs to already extremely powerful perks

Survivors being stronger is subective to the person playing killer/survivors.

BT was a decent perk but not great and highly situational, the fact that once unhooked the player could just be followed until they dropped made it only really strong when the exit gates were powered, nothing has changed as you still need to hit them and they are down, if near the gates you were screwed anyway, if far from the gates well you have longer to get them, any other time in game it was more of a slight time waster, its pretty much like the NOED change to all tiers, it happened as the perks main reason for being wasnt that great.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@yeet said:

@Ihatelife said:

@yeet said:

@Ihatelife said:
    You guys know that balance is not only about buffing the killers and nerfing survivors, right?

when survivors are still the stronger side, they don't deserve buffs to already extremely powerful perks

Lmao, So you wanna only see 4 DS, 4 Adrenaline, 4 self care and 4 sprint burst in the matches?

yes actually, as long as i stand a chance against winning
    if both sides are trying their best to win, both sides should have a fair chance at winning
    sadly for DbD this is not the case

I get already at rank 1 a 3/4k every match, even with the goddamn ''crutches''. I don't see a problem with BT, cause I don't camp and don't tunnel with an amazing BBQ

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    How do you people play. Maybe 1/5 games a BT goes off in my games. I pressure generators not hooks. No wonder people complain about gen rush so much here...

3/5 games I have Survivors (yes, plural) physically follow me to the hook to trigger BT.

Sounds like mad grit is made for you

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Ooh maybe otherwise: As long as you don't camp and don't tunnel, there is no problem with BT. Chase the rescuer instead.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    How do you people play. Maybe 1/5 games a BT goes off in my games. I pressure generators not hooks. No wonder people complain about gen rush so much here...

3/5 games I have Survivors (yes, plural) physically follow me to the hook to trigger BT.

Sounds like mad grit is made for you

Indeed. And sounds like you should learn that not all trials go the same way yours do.

Of course they don'y. I actually know how to play the game :p

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@twistedmonkey said:

@yeet said:

Survivors being stronger is subective to the person playing killer/survivors.

BT was a decent perk but not great and highly situational, the fact that once unhooked the player could just be followed until they dropped made it only really strong when the exit gates were powered, nothing has changed as you still need to hit them and they are down, if near the gates you were screwed anyway, if far from the gates well you have longer to get them, any other time in game it was more of a slight time waster, its pretty much like the NOED change to all tiers, it happened as the perks main reason for being wasnt that great.

no it isn't subjective lmao

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Ihatelife said:

Ooh maybe otherwise: As long as you don't camp and don't tunnel, there is no problem with BT. Chase the rescuer instead.

When the suggested solution is to not play optimally. SMH 

Maybe Survivors should only ever work on gens in groups?

Nah survivors never tunnel gens, only the depip squad does that. In reality nobody plays like that :wink:

• twistedmonkey

@yeet said:

Of course it is, the vocal minority on these forums nowhere near represents the actual userbase, just because a few players post thinking they should do better on both sides does not mean that is how it is, all it is is your opinion hence its subjective, you see good killers who can 3/4k most matches on here saying how easy it is now and again, does that mean they are wrong?

• twistedmonkey

@KingB said:
    @White_Owl BT was/is a meta perk. It punishes the killer for playing smart. It already did what it's supposed to do. Just a LOT better. Now you mend instead of heal which doesn't require self-care, is a lot quicker, and no longer impaced by killer perks that effect healing.  

The only part I find a bit too strong is when the exit gates are powered, a little suggestion of mine is a QOL small change for now, if when deep wounded if they go past the exit gate opening they go down, the same happens with BT even in a chase but it only if they are hit before you go through, a hit once in doesn't down them, that opens it up for some playstyles to still happen and makes them not get a guaranteed save at the end, its a risk to go through prolonging the time to get them.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Ihatelife said:

@yeet said:

@Ihatelife said:
    You guys know that balance is not only about buffing the killers and nerfing survivors, right?

Lmao, So you wanna only see 4 DS, 4 Adrenaline, 4 self care and 4 sprint burst in the matches?

Yes, that is counterable 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    The devs couldn't care less as always. Why do you think they've made SWF unavoidable now? That's the real issue.

They fix it so SWF groups don't get lobby kicked because of course swf are a priotity, but hiding perks until the game is over? Nah fam too much work.

Bloodwarden is now worthless
    Noed is now worthless
    Totems in general as completely worthless

Theres no point taking any of those because if you get lumped with a SWF unknowingly those perks are done.
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    @purebalance Time optimization is stupid? In a game with a large objective time inbalance?
  • yeet

@twistedmonkey said:

@yeet said:

Of course it is, the vocal minority on these forums nowhere near represents the actual userbase, just because a few players post thinking they should do better on both sides does not mean that is how it is, all it is is your opinion hence its subjective, you see good killers who can 3/4k most matches on here saying how easy it is now and again, does that mean they are wrong?

no it usually means that they are either not playing at their correct skill level or are lying

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Huge survivor buff = delete killer.
    Technically that's a killer nerf.
  • GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Not understanding why this is a buff to survivors. When a person is being pulled off a hook you should already be chasing someone else. No reason to have to run back to the hook and tunnel the person coming off of it. I never see borrowed time as it is. Probably for that reason.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

There should be a perk that doesn't allow a killers hit or grab during a rescue hook.

I'm kidding.
    I'm obviously joking.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@ReneAensland said:
    There should be a perk that doesn't allow a killers hit or grab during a rescue hook.

I'm kidding.
    I'm obviously joking.

And that moment Devs know the next perk

• godren
    godren Member Posts: 120

@Ihatelife said:

buffing the killers and nerfing survivors? nice delusions... i didn't feel them as a survivor or as a killer.

• twistedmonkey
    edited November 2018

@yeet said:

no it usually means that they are either not playing at their correct skill level or are lying

Or the ones that constantly complain all the time on both sides are playing at too high a skill level with the easy pip system and think they are better than they actually are.

Its the overall mentality of gamers of today, screaming its not fair, stamping their feet, running to Steam/Reddit and DBD forums, cries on the forum for hours instead of playing the game and learning how to get better.

Killer Camping noob, killers tunnelling noobs, looping noob, two windows using noob, insta heal noob, DS noob (only one I agree with), BT noob, SB noob, IRRI huser noob, NOED noob, Nurse noob etc.

Every single thing in this game is used as an excuse why someone lost and when one perk changes it moves onto another and another, its constant every day and its became very tiresome to see the same names complaining over and over, its a game lighten up its about fun and not to be taken too seriously.

• Der_Schatten
    Der_Schatten Member Posts: 82

All you Cry about BT... that means all of you are Campers/Tunnelers. Just Stop Camping and tunneling and BT is a wasted Perk Slot for Survivors.

Im Rank 1 Pro Killer and Rank 1 Toxic Survivor... The Killer Perks are good, might use the one with the Gen Aura (Counter against Gen Rush as EVERY of you noob Killers wish for). But the Survivor Perks are Crap. I need my WGLF, Self care, BT (Since 90% of Killers Camp) SB/Plunderer.

• The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@Der_Schatten said:
    All you Cry about BT... that means all of you are Campers/Tunnelers. Just Stop Camping and tunneling and BT is a wasted Perk Slot for Survivors.

Im Rank 1 Pro Killer and Rank 1 Toxic Survivor... The Killer Perks are good, might use the one with the Gen Aura (Counter against Gen Rush as EVERY of you noob Killers wish for). But the Survivor Perks are Crap. I need my WGLF, Self care, BT (Since 90% of Killers Camp) SB/Plunderer.

And here we go again… the next survivor meme that was already debunked but still lingers around.

BT is only against camper, right?

(I know it is an old vid, but it is still the same point.)

Yeah its annoying because BT grants them a free unhook.

Ideally you chase someone, they realize they can't unhook, abandon that plan and move on. So the guy on the hook stays hooked which buys you more time.

With BT they can unhook freely which helps a survivor get back into the game faster.

Also as a survivor I hate it. People assume its safe to unhook you in front of the killer so you just get tunneled hard. I'd rather they waited until the killer wasn't there.
  • MrZapp
    MrZapp Member Posts: 102

I beg of you not to remind me of the horrific ######### that was the old (now old old) BT

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Wolf74 BT doesn't apply on the unhooker anymore. If somebody makes an unsafe unhook and you go for the unhooker, then you don't have to deal with BT. So it doesn't encourage hookrushing that much, because to be safe as an unhooker you must somehow achieve to unhook unharmed at least.
    On the other hand BT still gurantees to get full 1500 Bp for careless farming. And with the BT changes it buffs the situation for farmed survivors. So if a survivor careless farms people they can do it without spoiling the game for all the other survivors, especially the unhooked who gets at least a chance to run away or stall the killer in a chase. But I doubt this makes the situation that much more comfortable for the unhooked survivor.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Freudentrauma said:
    @Wolf74 BT doesn't apply on the unhooker anymore. If somebody makes an unsafe unhook and you go for the unhooker, then you don't have to deal with BT. So it doesn't encourage hookrushing that much, because to be safe as an unhooker you must somehow achieve to unhook unharmed at least.
    On the other hand BT still gurantees to get full 1500 Bp for careless farming. And with the BT changes it buffs the situation for farmed survivors. So if a survivor careless farms people they can do it without spoiling the game for all the other survivors, especially the unhooked who gets at least a chance to run away or stall the killer in a chase. But I doubt this makes the situation that much more comfortable for the unhooked survivor.

You actually read that I do know the vid is old?

Anyway… the problem stays the same. With the new BT it will literally FORCE the killer to go for the unhooked instead of the unhooked, which is very bad for the killer, because spreading out the damage among the team is always bad for the killer.
    Killer need to remove survivor from the game asap.
    Because there is no drawback from getting hooked once or getting hit once.
    The killer did not achieve anything if he manages to everyone twice.
    Yea, I know, he can pip so he won… blabla.
    Let's face it 4 escaped is a LOSS.

• yeet

@twistedmonkey said:

@yeet said:

Or the ones that constantly complain all the time on both sides are playing at too high a skill level with the easy pip system and think they are better than they actually are.

Its the overall mentality of gamers of today, screaming its not fair, stamping their feet, running to Steam/Reddit and DBD forums, cries on the forum for hours instead of playing the game and learning how to get better.

Killer Camping noob, killers tunnelling noobs, looping noob, two windows using noob, insta heal noob, DS noob (only one I agree with), BT noob, SB noob, IRRI huser noob, NOED noob, Nurse noob etc.

Every single thing in this game is used as an excuse why someone lost and when one perk changes it moves onto another and another, its constant every day and its became very tiresome to see the same names complaining over and over, its a game lighten up its about fun and not to be taken too seriously.

"If you're a competitive person screw you!"

• twistedmonkey
    edited November 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    You actually read that I do know the vid is old?

Anyway… the problem stays the same. With the new BT it will literally FORCE the killer to go for the unhooked instead of the unhooked, which is very bad for the killer, because spreading out the damage among the team is always bad for the killer.
    Killer need to remove survivor from the game asap.
    Because there is no drawback from getting hooked once or getting hit once.
    The killer did not achieve anything if he manages to everyone twice.
    Yea, I know, he can pip so he won… blabla.
    Let's face it 4 escaped is a LOSS.

While your points are 100% correct for kills, it does seem the devs are going in a different direction, when you watch the streams they talk about fun and how to make the game more engaging, the emblem system also tend to lean towards a more engaging and chase playstyle.

Taking someone out the game faster does give the killer a strong start and makes it easier to secure more kills but is it fun for that player? if fun is the overall objective then they have to make it so it is fun not just for one side but both, take NOED now being better at all tiers, lots complained about it being buffed but it was a needed change as the perk was not really NOED at tiers 1 and 2, BT has now changed in a similer way, before it didnt do anything until the exit gates were powered as 20 seconds was nothing for a killer to follow someone waiting, it was a bad perk for most of the game.

Personally I think if they go through a gate after being hit they should go down, it makes them have to get out of it really shouldnt mean a free escape with every other survivor blocking on the way, at that point BT is a god tier perk.

• twistedmonkey
    edited November 2018

@yeet said:

I rest my case, a clear case of the game should be made for how I want to play, screw the devs and every other player I want it my way.

• The_Crusader
    Orion said:

@dennis said:
    As Killers said the previous patch, ADAPT, sweeties

Every time Killers adapted, Survivors cried out for nerfs. Shows what you know about DbD's history.

Like how survivors didn't know how to play against Freddy so they cried out for nerfs.

Now killers don't know how to play Legion so they're calling for buffs that would make him OP?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@The_Crusader said:
    Like how survivors didn't know how to play against Freddy so they cried out for nerfs.

Now killers don't know how to play Legion so they're calling for buffs that would make him OP?

Most of the complaints I've seen are focused around the Deep Wound mechanic, rather than the Legion themselves.

• springday
    springday Member Posts: 6

They are just upset they didn't got a one shot Killer, if things don't go their way, well, the forum is already filled with 'em demanding buffs

• The_Crusader
    Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

Most of the complaints I've seen are focused around the Deep Wound mechanic, rather than the Legion themselves.

He doesn't just get deep wound though, he injures them too.

He's ridiculously strong at that. You can go to their spawn, press M2 and have all 4 injured in 20 seconds. No other killer comes close.

So the mend is 15/16 seconds, then they have to either heal on top of that which will take forever if they self-care, or they run around the game basically exposed.

He definitely slows down the game. People are too focused on mend.

I can tell you as a survivor that due to how quickly this guy can get you it's incredibly annoying having to mend all the time. Add to that the fact that you're always getting injured too then personally I don't think it needs a buff.
  • Orion

@The_Crusader said:
    He doesn't just get deep wound though, he injures them too.

He's ridiculously strong at that. You can go to their spawn, press M2 and have all 4 injured in 20 seconds. No other killer comes close.

So the mend is 15/16 seconds, then they have to either heal on top of that which will take forever if they self-care, or they run around the game basically exposed.

He definitely slows down the game. People are too focused on mend.

I can tell you as a survivor that due to how quickly this guy can get you it's incredibly annoying having to mend all the time. Add to that the fact that you're always getting injured too then personally I don't think it needs a buff.

I think they need a small buff, but other than that, it's the Deep Wound and Mend mechanics that need some changes.

• yeet

@twistedmonkey said:

@yeet said:

I rest my case, a clear case of the game should be made for how I want to play, screw the devs and every other player I want it my way.

competitive balance will ALWAYS be better than casual balance

• Orion

@twistedmonkey said:

@yeet said:

When you balance games at the top, players of equal skill have an equal chance to win. This is healthy for the game and doesn't result in frustrating matches.
    When you balance an asymmetrical game at the middle, however, the strong side will be underpowered at the top, resulting in frustrating matches for both sides.