Do you like the new Coldwind?

WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yeah it's great the Corn isn't as bad and I can see. Which is all I need. But what about you?

Do you like the new Coldwind? 106 votes

Yes
54%
White_OwlFallenRanger0AdelookodiakyTapeKnotDimek[Deleted User]HoodiedSkeletalEliteTaigaUistreelDr_LoomisAhoyWolfCornpopers_EvanPainaAneurysmLofepramine[Deleted User]Tatariugatsby 58 votes
Mostly good maps
17%
shardsDetailedDetrimentPlantCollectorSebaOutbreaklandromatAwkward_FiendSlamitieMadLordJackherrik666ZestyDwightFairfieldDistortedDreambowoThr_ustTrickstaaaaahi_HaunterofShadowsPeanutBristlesPyramid_head_main 19 votes
Mostly bad maps
7%
BlueberryDemiurgmusstang62DawnMadcherryblossomBoobaQwQwBeelzeboop 8 votes
No
19%
GibberishkaeruTragicSolitudejoao943meatisadelicacyGeneralVRoboMojoItzPixelYTKerJuicebm33PayneKillerMaperson_McCain_Guest1567432BwstedClarityOfWillPSPPika_BelleGazgemauchiopele 21 votes

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    Yes

I think it's pretty nice

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Yes

I think they are visually stunning, but are too survivor sided when it comes to loops

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,159
    No

It's bright as the sun. The corn is worse in terms of corn blindness. Some of the tile walls are longer, making the loops worse for killers.

I've only played on two corns maps so far, so I don't have experience with most of the different structures. I did play Rancid Abattoir, and the Slaughterhouse feels awful, but maybe that's just because I'm not used to it yet.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Mostly good maps

Kind of. I just really hate how bright they are.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    No

From a gameplay standpoint, they seem alright for the most part. My main issues are that they didn’t get rid of the bloody corn and also, the map is actually so bright that I genuinely have a hard time seeing auras. Really irritating. Map looks cool though.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    No

The corn is worse and it messes up with the auras. The layouts are ok, though. And the rework of Thompson House main building is neat as well.

• iopele
    iopele Member Posts: 1
    No

I hate it, it's SO bright. They could've made the necessary changes without making the whole map feel like you're under a spotlight.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Mostly bad maps

Maybe it's just me but I haven't really felt a difference gameplaywise. There are still loops after loops and the corn is as obstructive as always.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Yes

Only played it from the survivor side so far, when i will play killer i'll come back and edit my post :)

Love it a lot design wise ! Was my second least favorite realm (Haddonfield being first) and now is my third favorite one (after Glenvale and Ormont)

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    No

I like visuals. It shows my favorite time of day, evening before sun goes down. It looks so chill.

But map sizes are ridiculous and cornblind become even worse than before.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Yes

It's cool.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Yes

i honestly love the daylight aesthetic. its just so nice to look at and it helps my mood. something about old coldwind was just really unsatisfying to look at

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299
    Yes

Love the maps

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Mostly good maps

Still not a fan of rotten fields but at least it doesn’t look as bad as it feels to play on now

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Mostly good maps

My only real issue is Cowshed and the chase-ending breakable wall god windows that every map has to have now.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Mostly good maps

The only issue I have is totem spots. They still suck.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    No

Imagine if they could balance the darkness of the ruined Autohaven with the blinding brightness of Coldwin.IMAGINE

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,016
    edited May 2021
    Yes

I love it, it's beautiful. Like Autohaven's GREEEEEEN, it has the YELLOWWW that made it iconic. (Devs please add more blue to Macmillan I beg of you) Tbh all it needs is the auras adjusted to work in the map, and a bit more balancing, and it'll be awesome!

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    edited May 2021
    Yes

I actually like having a bright map or two, just for a change of scenery.

Post edited by VioletCrimes on
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Mostly bad maps

I didn’t really like the options. I love the maps visually just not in terms of balance.

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191
    Mostly good maps

Aesthetics wise they look beautiful.

Gameplay wise they kinda made them even more survivor sided and auras and scratch marks are hard to see because it's so bright (same problem as Ormond).

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Mostly good maps

Still hate Rotten Fields but that's always been an issue, I can't blame graphics for poor map design

• Hex_AverageStudent
    Hex_AverageStudent Member Posts: 22
    Yes

I really love the new COLDWIND map, the look is beautiful, I don't mind that its bright. I always wanted a bright map, I don't even care that the killer can easily see me, I feel good vibes on the map, lets

hope BHVR doesn't change it

• Pika_Belle
    Pika_Belle Member Posts: 90
    No

I cannot find totems cuz they are literally the same colour as the map! And it annoys the hell outa me! Need sunglasses on while playing it!

• Hex_AverageStudent
    Hex_AverageStudent Member Posts: 22
    Yes

That is a big problem. I had a killer using "Hex: Crowd Control" and we lost the game because we couldn't find the totem and we could only vault a window once. this is a big problem, as much as I enjoy the new coldwind farm, it needs a lot of reworking

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Mostly good maps

Aside from them making Cowshed stronger, it's epic.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    No

Corn is still Corn...and I still hate it.

• 4eyed
    4eyed Member Posts: 51
    No

Yellow sun, yellow corn, brown ground and walls, yellow totems, red auras, red scratches. Now let’s consider dark cosmetics, Iron will, frame drops and lag too. Can’t forget the dead air filled with moving in a straight line and getting dead harded to the next of seemingly endless loops

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,866
    No

Not a fan. Looks very nice visually, but it’s hard to see downed survivors. I’m always wondering if a killer has knockout if they don’t pick up a downed survivor right away. Also hard to see your traps as Trapper. If I have to play against Freddy, this is the map I want to play him on though. Dreamworld makes things much easier to see lol.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Yes

I like it. It's now even more like the Sawyer house/estate from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a map we'll never see.