If Devs think that 2K2E is balanced then why killer usually don't get pip with 2K?

Options

As titled.

I don't like to camp or tunnel or something like that so I always play killer like Demo and Oni, which cross the map fast. But survivor get a little bit good when I'm in rank 7 or rank 6. I can't 4K in every match like before. Usually 2K, sometimes only 1K. In most matches I have 2K I don't get pip, and lose pip in 1K match. The interesting thing is, I start getting pips as I start camping. What a ridiculous fact. Since rank system is useless now (rank 7 killer v.s. 4 rank 1 survivors), why not increase the penalty of camping and reward of multiple knock-down as well in rank system? I only get 2K because I do not camp. I DESERVE the pips. I sometimes get 4E with 8 hooks. 8 HOOKS man. It means I nearly get 4K but still not get the fu*king pip. That's totally insane.

Comments

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

Pip or safety pip? They try to design killers that averages around a 2k (6ish hooks), which I mean is a “draw” or tie for the killer team and collective survivor team. Thus, getting exactly 2 kills or 6 hooks would be a draw should respectively only earn a safety pip, or at least IMO. Obviously getting less or more hooks, yet still only getting 2 kills, will affect whether or not the killer pips or even somehow depips. That being said, I assume that the reason why killers don’t pip up from a 2k is because it is technically a draw in the devs’ eyes and they are the ones who made the system.

• LittleSagey
    LittleSagey Member Posts: 78
    Options

Well, pipping in a sense means you overperformed against the "norm", if you get 2k2E then the game is a draw, therfore you dont deserve a pip, but if you beat the odds and get 3-4k then you deserve 1 to 2 pips depending on other in game factors, but the system is broken cause you can be a braindead suvivor and still double pip while killer you actually have to work for it

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Yes this is actually a great question. I find survivor chill and relaxing because I can pip even if I die while with killer I have to sweat for 3k to pip

Basically I play killer more for BP than enjoyment.

And all this 2k 2escape is balanced thing makes me wonder too.

You need at least 3 kills usually to pip as killer while with survivor you can often die and still pip. Its strange.

While double pip is much harder to get as a survivor, single pip is doable pretty easily even if you do not escape.

If all matches were balanced around 2 kills, doesn't that mean those killers would only safety pip most of the time, while survivors in theory could all 4 pip in the same match?

• NightmareKiller
    NightmareKiller Member Posts: 181
    Options
    • It's another "nerf camping" thread disguised

Great

• OniHatesSWF
    OniHatesSWF Member Posts: 85
    Options

That's the point which is absolutely ridiculous. As a survivor, I do a gen, do a bone, unhook a man , loop killer for 30 secs, then I get the pip. What the fu*k is that?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The problem is that the survivors would most likely pip from a "draw" game while the killer mostly never will.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,719
    Options

You're looking at the emblem system and rank as if it's a reward. While it might be used for rewards in the future, its original intent was for matchmaking. (I'm going to generalize here that kills = pips to save time even though we all know it's more complicated than that.) If you get only one or zero kills then you're facing survivors out of your league, so you de-pip so in the next match maybe you'll be on the same skill level as the survivors. If you get 2k, congrats! That's average. You're exactly where you need to be, so it's a safety pip. Three or four kills are overperforming, so you pip or double pip so you stop stomping newbies and go against survivors with more skill.

You don't get moved into a more challenging environment when you're doing "average"; you get moved into a more challenging environment when you overperform. If you're struggling to do well where you are, then you're either where you need to be or you need to de-rank.

The emblem system and ranks are in limbo at the moment: we know emblem scoring sucks and we know ranks aren't a good identifier of skill, but there's nothing to replace ranks for matchmaking yet so for now this is what it is.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

True, however, survivors are ranked individually instead of as a collective team. They as a survivor may have been successful, but in the end, the survivor team as a whole would have safety (in this situation). The problem comes as a killer is solely responsible for the success of their “team” and thus can be grade as such, while survivors are part of a larger machination that if generalized penalizes survivors who “carry their team” while rewarding the survivors who contributed much less.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Yes the emblem system is broken, nothing new here

• OniHatesSWF
    OniHatesSWF Member Posts: 85
    Options

It's funny right? With the less things I do, I'm able to NOT to lose a pip. Ridiculous.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Kills and pips don't equate at most ranks. The system forces pip ups even without kills or hooks to about mid ranks