Stop Complaint About Campers & Tunnellers

Northener1907
Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

If you down once, you already lost game. If your teammates saves you, they will give you another chance. And if killers wants, they can prevent this. You can not do anything about this because you already lost chase. Your destiny on your teammates hands when you get hook. Because of that you can not say "please ban campers, please nerf tunnellers". They both are legal tactics, any killer can use for win.

Do you stopping gens when killer lose 3 gens with 0 or 1 hook? Do you thinking "Killer lost gens so fast, so i will not repair any gen for now." No. You are repairiing next gen for win. And then opening gates. Because that is your objective and that's fair. And killer has only one objective: "Kill them all."

So they can use any legal tactic for that. Please stop this arguments. Killers are not your best friends, they are not here to keep you safe to finish gens and escape. They will try stop with any way. So just be better and do not get catch. Or when you get catch, pray for your teammates good enough.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Sure they are both legal. Doesn’t mean they aren’t annoying to deal with and ruin the game sometimes.

Also I can’t just not get caught against a tunnelling killer. That’s like saying just pressure gens on mother’s dwelling

• Northener1907

Yes but survivors are 4. Borrowed Time can save you once. If you have DS, that also can save you once. So you already wasted killer's time so much. I mean yes, hard tunneller killer will out you early or late. But also you can make him lose. And also your teammates can take attention from killer, they also can save you with blocks.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

“If you down once, you already lost game” - well, no. The game is designed and balanced around survivors being hooked more than once. That’s why killers get points and emblems for hooking multiple times and engaging in multiple chases. It’s why survivors get bloodpoints and emblems for saving and helping each other. It’s why perks like Devour Hope exist.

Killers absolutely can camp and tunnel if they want but don’t pretend that that’s the way the game was designed to be played because it obviously isn’t.

• Northener1907

Devour Hope is supporting different tactic. They all different tactics and game styles. If killer wanna camp build, they can do that. If killer wanna chase everyone and get 12 hooks, they can do that. They all are choices, noone can judge this. And this all tactics have also countertactics. So survivors have to adept and play againts this.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

If someone is dead set on killing you ds and but might as well not exist especially if the killer in question has a good chase like slinger or spirit.

Tunneling is actually a great way to win since getting one survivor out of the match makes things substantially easier so tunnelling usually won’t make the killer lose

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Whilst I agree that people shouldn't really moan about camping and tunnelling (although I do think facecamping your first hook is problematic), I think your argument that if you've lost one chase, you've lost the game, is very incorrect.

Some Killers in particular are just always going to eventually win a chase, unless the player is completely inexperienced. So you are basically saying that anyone who plays against these Killers has lost the game simply by being found first.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

Anyone can judge anything they want to. From tactics to demeanors and everything else. The only real thing to take away from these topics is "there's nothing you can do about it" so long as it doesn't break the rules. Which camping and tunneling someone to death is only going to get you in trouble if you're doing it to harass a specific player over multiple games.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Except that the game heavily rewards hooking multiple survivors multiple times. Devour Hope is just one example, I notice that you ignored my point about BP and emblems.

So like I said. You can camp if you want. But “if you get caught once you’re dead” is not the way the game is designed, and people will judge you for playing that way - just as you have every right to camp if you want, they have every right to look down on that playstyle. Nobody should abuse anyone for the way they play but they can judge as much as they want.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

This is the only game where standing still can be considered a ‘strategy’.

• Northener1907

This is the only game people thinking spamming m1 is "fun".

• WexlerWendigo

Not sure whether you’re referring to killers chasing, or survivors doing generators. Either is a really bizarre statement, as you don’t spent the majority of the game doing gens and the chases are the best part of the game.

• Northener1907

I meant generators ofcourse. Genrushing and ending game so fast. And then t-bag killer on gates. High skills and so much fun. But camping is boring, ofcourse

• mad_hatter
    mad_hatter Member Posts: 121

If your one and only objective is to "KILL THEM ALL!", camping your first hook isn't going to help you accomplish that. Certainly not if the rest of the survivors have any sense.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

So lets say that genrush "iS a StRateGy" such as camping and tunnelling ;)

• WexlerWendigo

When most killers commit to five minute chases, survivors are going to sit on gens. There are plenty of perks to prevent gens going too fast. Discordance, tinkerer gives insanely strong information to the killer that can be combined with Ruin or Pop to get the gens at bay. Sure, if you’re playing Trapper with Unnerving Presence and Iron Grasp, you’ll have a hard time at red ranks, but when you’re playing at the highest level of play in a game, perk variety will always suffer. Gen rushing only exists in SWF with multiple brand new parts, prove thyself, etc. Solo queue is completely fine for killers right now, it’s basically a 5050 at red ranks for who will win.

• Northener1907

Yup it is also legal tactic for survivors. Survivors complaining about camping and tunnelling but they are ignoring genrush part.

• Northener1907

Good point. Genrushing has some counterplay perks.

Also camping and tunnelling has some counterplay perks.

For anti tunnel, DS + BT + DH + Second Wind + For the People etc. They all can make killer slower and give you good loops. And then that about your skill vs killer's skill. So you can make him lose.

For anti camp BT + DS + Deliverance combo will help. You are saving your teammate with BT. And then you are taking hits for him and gives him chance to escape. When killer take and put you hook. Deliverance gives you %100 escape from hook. DS gives you another chance. And then you have safe loops. And again game turning your skill vs killer's skill.

Also when killer is camping, you can end gens fastly and escape. That is also so effectife counterplay.

So point is we have to stop complain about tactics we do not like. We can not choice about who playing like how. So we just have to fight back against, that's all.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Sadly the opposite is true. Devour hope and other perks are the exception. And other than perks nothing rewards for you hooking multiple survivor. The base game is even punishing you for that bc killing one survivor early is so strong.

Imo this is one of the biggest reasons why this strategies get used.

• gazzy_g
    gazzy_g Member Posts: 28

Looks like there's space for me to stick my oar in here!

Camping is bad unless all gens are done and 3+ survivors alive (or, let's be honest, that particular survivor was a massive cock)

Tunneling is bad with ~S grade killers, or vs inexperienced teams, or if you're doing well without it

Tunneling is fine (and often necessary) with killers below S/high A grade against skilled players

Not against the rules, but a bit dickish in some circumstances.

(In my opinion!)

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Give reduced version of kindred to all survs and I would agree camper is ok

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I know Gen time goes fast, or some Killers are too OP. But man, many players exploit others to have fun.

I've face Spirit, Nurse with Ruin/Undying tunneling a survivor out of the game in under 3 minutes. I've face a swf with 3 OoO combined with 13 second chance as Trapper.

I know you want to win as Killer, but at least giving a false hope. I dont mind to die by Noed at the end of the match because I already play the game. I mind that you seeing me as a something to get rid as fast as possible to work toward your 4k every game.

• Northener1907

Who cares any rulebook, play with all good advantages you wanna. Only rulebook you have to follow is game rules from devs, that's all.

That is same for both roles.

• WexlerWendigo

People that tunnel when there’s already a survivor dead and three gens left are the worst. If you’re already winning, it’s so unnecessary, don’t be an ######### just because you can. This is much more toxic than teabagging.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Best troll post of the year lmao

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

As does playing well or doing a gen when not in chase. And trying to survive.