Anyone else excited to get banned?

Options
Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,139

The thing i'm most looking forward to is to get banned when i play killer because I:

• camped
  • tunneled
  • slugged
  • 4ked
  • downed a survivor
  • used NOED
  • used any perks at all
  • Kicked a gen
  • Moved at the start of the match.

Or when i play survivor because i:

• Use DS
  • Use Dead hard
  • Use a flashlight
  • Save a teammate
  • Use borrowed time
  • Do a gen
  • Escape with a key
  • Use the hatch
  • Pallet stun the killer
  • And otherwise don't stand still and let the killer hook me.

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

what is autoban? how does this work??

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Well at least we can get rid of SWF teams now.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,094
    Options

I do enjoy how they go from one extreme (obnoxious report system where the one reporting needs to include additional proof and nothing on console indicating that's needed) to other extreme of autoban from multiple reports. Guess middle ground where they record games on back end and save to review if a report comes in wasn't an option. 😂

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307
    Options

I’m gonna be honest only really petty players are going to report you for using certain perks, downing survivors, or playing certain killers. What a lot of people are going to report for is camping and tunneling for obvious reasons

• Reinami
    Options

you haven't been playing this game very long have you?

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

The only time I've ever reported players is when I know they're doing something to cheat or break game rules. I don't report when I've had a bad game.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

Let's make a list of things that we were reported for (based on people in the chat telling you that they reported you)!

One time I was in a game with a speedhacker, as the Killer. The speedhacker was very clearly trying to farm the other Survivors. They ran in immediately after I hooked someone and unhooked them without Borrowed Time. All of the other three Survivors saw that the fourth Survivor was speedhacking. It was very, very obvious.

I managed to get a hit on the speedhacker as they were going for yet another unhook, and then actually managed to grab them out of a vault. I then facecamped them for obvious reasons.

The other three Survivors told me in the postgame chat to kill myself because I was camping and that they would report me. From what I could tell they were not in a SWF with the speedhacker.

Under the auto-ban system I would most likely get four reports from other players, and only I would be reporting the speedhacker. In that scenario I would be much more likely to be automatically banned than a speedhacker.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

Ya that's pretty stupid.

So are we actually going to get banned for doing any of these thing in the future for camping and ds?😱

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,478
    Options

There'll be more information about the autoban system in due course, I don't think anyone needs to worry about this at the present time.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

Or the automated disconnect ban system that had to be disabled what, three times? four times? because people kept finding ways to exploit it and streamers kept getting banned by it despite not disconnecting.

• StrainedSky
    StrainedSky Member Posts: 49
    Options

I'm sure it will be fine but why even put you guys through the beating and endless posts by putting it out there without how its going to work ?

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    edited May 2021
    Options

Once again, They clearly stated VOLUME of reports is the key. So it won't be possible to grief anyone with this. Four reports isn't going to hit anyone with a ban - but one hundred reports probably will.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I hope they take clips and pics from chat to submit in case they get an auto ban, but not everyone can know who will ban them and for what unfortunately :(!

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    edited May 2021
    Options

Yeah, this is a major, major issue, because if people learn that reporting people for camping/tunneling/slugging/tbagging/clicking/playing the 'wrong' killer/not letting them do what they want works, they're going to do it in way greater quantities than before.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

I'm a little worried too and need more info about it...

I play 50/50 but from the killer perspective it may be unbalanced. You can finish a match and then 4 people decide they hate you for whatever reason.

A ban system would be horrible for this game. I don't have a ton of time to play games but when I do my go to is DBD. Long queue times are already frustrating... if I sign in one day and see I'm banned for whatever reason I would walk away and never come back. I'm good player. As a survivor I play for my team and do my best, as a killer I do my best not to tunnel and camp unless I need to (for example EGC and a survivor is on hook. I'm not leaving the hook area).

I also enjoy killers people don't like (Hag, Twin, Spirit, Freddy).

I may be worrying prematurely but the way this game is having a ban system would be chaos. Everyone has their own 'rules' for each side... what makes you a good or bad player in people's eyes varies drastically.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

So, I guess streamers are toxic, huh? Guess people deciding to remove a streamer they don't like from DBD is impossible and that streamer has to ask themselves why they were being such a toxic jerk.

Not to mention that I'm confident they said that they would be reviewing players who got a lot of reports and then decide then, not that they would be banned automatically.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    edited May 2021
    Options

I seemed to have missed where they posted your list of supposed ban worthy actions.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408
    Options

Yup for not abiding by the survivor rulebook.

which the ENTITLED ones will pull from it.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130
    Options

I think auto-banning can work if it also automatically bans someone for excessive reporting to be reviewed. If you are reporting in most of the games you play, for example, that's a pretty big flag of where the problem might be.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options
  • taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    Options

i cant wait to report the killers who act like they are going to let me go and just keep downing me :) though that may be something that should cont as trolling ....and hey it says trolling ban?

guess we better remove flash lights form the games or all items.. hay that person heald in front of me that making fun of me BAN!

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Gamers get reported just for using someone's unfavorite killer

• Reinami
    Options

In the stream, they literally said they are making an auto-ban feature that "after a number of reports" they will automatically ban you.

• Jasix
    Options

Oh I know - I watched it and streamed it for my viewers. I just failed to see where your list was covered as actions that would result in a ban. So since the devs didn't offer that information you either have intimate details of a system that isn't complete (which is what they said in the stream) or you are just guessing and adding to the already ridiculous amount of hyperbole and paranoia on the forums.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Yeah. Years of farm in the garbage.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Once again say something with little to no info. This isn't about perk changes....this is about losing access to the game that I paid for for possibly stupid reasons, and all we hear is "more on that later".

• VikingWilson
    edited May 2021
    Options

Survivors will 1,000% abuse this system. They do need eyes on before any ban is issued, not an autoban. Survivors already report players for using killers they don't like. Are you going to try and say survivors won't abuse it?

That's what I thought.

• VikingWilson
    Options

8:1 says reports are going to significantly ramp up. Doesn't matter over what, just so long as the numbers are toward whoever was playing killer. I wonder if BHVR has made a department to look over bans and possible bans; there's going to be many.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2021
    Options

An autoban system will totally destroy the game, people is going to get banned very fast for the pettiest reasons you can imagine. A gaming comunity policing itself has already been tried by Riot in LoL with the tribunal system (or wathever they called it) and it was a massive disaster.

Also, seeing how well the toxicity filter works, where "Myers", "Real" and "Name" are filtered words I can imagine the autoban system will be at least as good and polished.

• Jasix
    Options

Oh I absolutely think a lot of players - killer and survivor alike will TRY to abuse it. But I also think that like the current system - reports for things like camping, teabagging, tunneling, flashlight clicking - will be ignored. If you think survivors are the only ones who do idiotic "reports" then you are obviously biased. I just think it's a bit premature and paranoid to think that the OPs list will result in any actions taken. It has already been stated NUMEROUS times that things such as teabagging, tunneling, camping, and flashlight flicking are not against the TOS. If something is not against the TOS then one could with reasonably certainty come to the conclusion that an autoban would not be initiated especially for some of the inane things that were in that list.

But I also understand this community very well and know that the paranoia and hyperbole is going to be at a stupid level for the next week or so...which is why this is my last post for at least a week until some of these people find their pacifier or get their anti-anxiety prescriptions refilled.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,694
    Options

Please keep your comments civil and respectful when discussing the topic. As Mandy already said, more information will be available in regards to it at a later time.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,912
    Options

So, I play 25 games as Spirit and get banned for being a "toxic jerk". Got it.