More Toxic Days are Coming

Options
Northener1907
Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

So i get 4K and survivors were not happy, i get 4 reports.

So i escaped with gate or hatch, killer was not happy, i get 1 report too.

And more reports like that from sad people. And autoban?

Who thought that is good idea, wow! Do you know your community? I do not think that will be going good.

Comments

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,761
    Options

49 pages? damn, that's impressive

makes me sad i don't have any :(

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options
  • MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

The devs don't even know their own GAME (see the mess that was 'ruin/undying', the ongoing mess that are keys or the fact that they say tunneling, camping and slugging are a-okay)

• Northener1907
    Options

Yea tell me :d

Some racist messages, some "i have to kill myself" messages, some "i am so noob" messages, some "camper or tunneller" messages...

But all not toxic, i will give that. I have some "Cute killer, nice killer, good teammate" messages too :)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I completely stopped playing killer for a couple of months. Got 3 killer dailys, played 3 killer games. Got 2 -rep messages.

They are pretty easy to get these days.

• Northener1907
    Options

Do not worry, so much of us. They can not ban all of us :)

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

Ya a lot of people well quit this game😢 this is scary 🥶

• Northener1907
    Options

Yey. Dead by Daylight finally will be horror game 😀

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

They already clearly stated VOLUME of reports is the key. So it won't be possible to grief anyone with this. Four reports isn't going to hit you with a ban - but forty reports might, and one hundred reports probably will. Basically, if you aren't a toxic jerk, you have nothing to worry about. If you ARE worried about this announcement? You may want to ask yourself why.

• Northener1907
    Options

I am not toxic but i love t-bag killers on gates and behind pallets. I love flashlight them. I love make them run all game on me. As killer also i am not toxic. But for win i never cared about survivor rule book. I did my job, i killed them as possible and fast. I already have so much hate messages. So i can not imagine they all will report me and i will get ban for that. I did not cheating or any against game rules. I just played game and i will get ban for that?

• illumi83
    illumi83 Member Posts: 10
    Options

nobody should get banned if they did not break game rules. I am worried because people in this game are so sensitive.. you tbagged, you camped.. or even things like, you hacked (eventhough you used a mirror on myers) this is not a good idea, except if it meant for people who actually hacked the game. the dbd community is salty to the core, most long term players know this. many innocent people will get banned because how they played upset someone else or didn't seem fair. I do not have much faith in a system like this.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I appreciate the posting and engagement more than I can really express. But this is just going to lead to survivors reporting killers, constantly. I get called a camping tunneler frequently on Xbox. I don't do those things. But those are the same people who will report en masse. There has to be some mitigating factor.

• illumi83
    illumi83 Member Posts: 10
    Options

this is not against the rules and a banable offense though. I don't do it myself, but it's not something I would report someone for.

abuse of system incoming for sure. BHVR is crazy for wanting to give the community such powers.

• DeathByGiggles
    DeathByGiggles Applicant Posts: 39
    Options

Hey there! To be clear, the feature is still in development, which is why we said to sit tight for more info - we're waiting for finalized details that we can share, too! ❤️

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

"this is not against the rules and a banable offense though. I don't do it myself, but it's not something I would report someone for."

I didn't claim that at all in my initial comment, I was just pointing out the contradiction.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

That's nothing. I have HUNDREDS, and that's after deleting a few hundred years ago.

• DeathByGiggles
    DeathByGiggles Applicant Posts: 39
    Options

We love you guys, too! Appreciate you taking the time to leave us your thoughts, mate. ❤️We'll pass it all along to the team today.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

First they show us Resident Evil chapter and it looked great! Then they tell us we are probably getting banned soon. Nice one!

• Northener1907
    Options
  • Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Well considering you nor I have any idea how the system will work - I think your presumptions are a bit premature. Maybe stop guessing at what will happen and let them finish actually developing and testing it before getting all hyperbolic.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Oh I must have missed the part where they went into the detail about the new system that is still being made and hasn't really been tested yet.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

What kind of information can you actually share, though? Telling people what your system considers when it delivers auto-bans is telling people how to weaponize reports. I don't see a way around this - either it's a complete mystery and nobody trusts it, or you give some explanation and people figure out how to work the system in their favor to ban players that they got mad at, or who didn't play the game the way they think the game should be played.

Reports are not reliable information. Like, I play absurdly nice, all survivor rulebook entries checked, and I've still been reported for:

-Playing Plague

-Not saving someone in the endgame collapse

-Farming

-Being nice to one survivor but not another

-'Hacking' (killer couldn't understand how gens got done so fast and assumed I, as the only PC player, must have been auto-repairing gens)

And that's just reports I was told about.

Now, I'm not personally worried about volume of reports because I usually manage to avoid making people mad when I play the game, but people who use unfun-but-legitimate strategies? People who BM and taunt the killer but don't break any rules? You cannot use volume of reports as a criteria to get rid of them, because angry players are going to report regardless of whether the behavior is allowed. Someone who plays constantly and hard tunnels/facecamps is going to rack up more reports than someone who plays only occasionally but lag switches/abuses exploits/cheats.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Walking up to someone and preventing them from moving for the rest of the match is a game mechanic. Using survivor perks to locate your fellows and sell them out to a cooperating killer is a game mechanic. Hiding for literally two hours and refusing to end the game is a game mechanic.

Something isn't not toxic because it's part of the game. Toxic is intent, not action. If you're doing something to play and win, not toxic, if you're doing something to grief or troll other players, toxic.

That said, BMing players to make them mad is pretty toxic, but it's not reportable or bannable, and the new system making it such is a major problem.

• Northener1907
    Options

Well i t-bagging killers because i wanna keep them on me. That is catch me if you can. I love that and most killers eating this bait. But someone just leaving me. I do not care about if i die for that. I love chases, that is only fun part of survivors.

And i do not think that is toxic. When someone t-bag me when i am playing killer, i am just ignoring them. Why this have to annoy me

• TGB
    TGB Member Posts: 301
    Options

• Survivors call you a tunneller any time you attack an injured Survivor, regardless of literally every factor.
    • Survivors call you a camper even if you can physically see the other 3 Survivors hiding behind rocks near your hook, waiting to 3 Man Rescue Squad. Again, zero factors matter. Logic doesn't matter. Strategy doesn't matter.
    • Survivors get mad at slugging, even if their plan is to CLEARLY have you pick them up. Such as, they crawled to a pallet, and at least 1 Survivor is nearby ready to drop it on you. As always... all factors are obsolete. You are a dirty filthy slugger for not playing into their plan.

These strategies ARE okay. And make no mistake - they ARE strategies. If you don't like them, show the Killer why they shouldn't do it. Punish it. Because as long as you fail to punish their strategies in-game, they have no reason NOT to use these strategies. (Shaming in post-game chat lobby is not proper punishment. And the real shame is on any Killers that allow the Survivor community to shun them out of playing properly. And, really, it's a big disservice to the entire DBD community, as it promotes an utter degradation of overall DBD player quality.)

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Same I get called a hacker for hitting half maps as huntress