Counterforce is going to put small game out of business

2»

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Because with this Chapter we will have over 90 Survivor-Perks. It is unevitable that some Perks do the same better or worse than already existing Perks. I mean, "Bite the Bullet" (Leons Healing-Perk) is a good sign that they slowly but surely lack ideas.

Also, we dont know if the same people who created Counterforce were also involved in buffing Small Game and also, when exactly Counterforce was created or Small Game buffed, maybe Counterforce is a thing long before Small Game was decided to be buffed.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I think it's too strong. It doesn't make any sense for it to do multiple things like detect totems AND also allow to clean them much, much faster. In solo games this perk would be perfectly fine, but once again only one survivor in SWF group needs to run this to gut killer totems.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Hmm, considering that Ruin is the only good slow-down-perk, the game will become even more sweaty for killers and the tunneling / camping will increase.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Haha they should buff Undying back .. xD but for real

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

Depending on the map and if the other survivors do totems too.

Always good but sometimes might feel oppressive.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

Yeah, no survivor is going to use this perk because no one likes to bring perks that may not get used in a match. Very rarely is ruin/dh so impossible to find that you wish you had brought small game. Small game is also better than this perk because it notifies you everytime you are close to a totem and you can just inspect it to see if its a dull totem or a hex in need of cleansing. There is no requirement to cleanse that dull totem as SG will notify you all the same if you get inside of the radius of any other totem.

This perk literally requires survivors to cleanse every totem they encounter to reap a benefit, and then traverse the entirety of the map to possibly only get to cleanse another dull totem, and then to only have the aura of the next dull totem revealed to them. It is easy to lose your sense of direction with regards to totem locations when/if you encounter the killer and are forced to do a bunch of looping in the meantime (if you dont believe me, see if you can remember 2 different totem locations all at once that show up when you use a rainbow map).

It is absolutely in every killer's interest to have survivors waste time cleansing dull totems, when their hex is still active in order to locate it, and it is even more advantagous if there is no hex present.

Small Game and Detective's Hunch are better than this perk in every meaningful way and killer mains are again making a mountain out a meaningless molehill-like survivor addition.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i was just joking haha, but yeah i dont think its that good since most killers dont use hex perks. I doubt it’ll get much use unless paired with inner strength tbh

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

I tried it, but as it highlights the furthest totem from you, it gives you the least efficient totem cleansing path possible, and by the time you get there, the aura is gone and you cant find it anyway. I don't recommend it over detectives hunch and probably not over small game either tbh.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Can't wait to add Counterforce as perk survivors can use to counter NOED and still have people complain that totems take too long and that they don't want to use a totem finding perk in their load out. 😂

Counterforce is fine, it's not replacing the meta load out people love. You'll see it the first week and only randomly. Small game is still useful because it has the totem counter and will help you pinpoint where a totem you are near is located rather than seeing an aura and making your way to other side of map. While Counterforce is useful for quickly cleansing a totem it wastes the survivors time by having them go to furthest totem next. If as killer the increase speed in cleansing worries you there's Thrill of the Hunt, it not only slows down cleansing but also gives a noise notification anytime someone touches your totems so if the noise comes from your hex totem you can go defend it.

• Progamer888
    Progamer888 Member Posts: 230

I mean, since you see the aura of the furthest totem, i don't think you need it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

As a hardcore Small Game user. Counterforce isnt better.

Small game

Cons: Take a bit of time to actually able to find totems (sometimes they blend in pretty good).

Pros: You will find 4-5 totems in a single travel around a map. You can estimate the zone that remaining totems.

CounterF

Pros: 20% faster and stack, see a furthest totem.

Cons: Will take alot of time to find the first totem, take alot of time to travel from totem to totem, sometimes you may get spotted and chase, in the end you forget where the totem is (especially map like Lery, Game, Asylum..)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,471

Small what?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2021

Small Game has been out of bussiness since Detective's Hunch got in the game.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

If anything people can't complained about noed now.

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156

So, people complain about survivors not doing totems and just "gen rush". Now that there is a good perk for doing that, people complain? What the #########