2Ā»

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,544
    Options

gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg gg

33 gg's?

• Pulsar
    Options

Ughhhh, but I must atone for my past sins by spreading positiveness.

Oh well, I'll try out some things and see how people respond.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options

I play console and it bothers me that I don't get to say gg to killers, but this, THIS! It makes me not miss the chat option at all.

There is no reason in any game to wish death upon another player.

It reminds me of mean high school movies in crappy movies.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

or maybe like GG ą¼¼ į•¤ā—•ā—”ā—• ą¼½į•¤

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Doing this isnā€™t spreading positivity, Iā€™d actually say itā€™s borderline rude. But if you enjoy annoying strangers keep on with it I guess.

• Pulsar
    Options

I certainly didn't know that.

Most people I message, maybe 90%, respond positively.

It certainly didn't warrant such a reaction. But I will do my best to keep this in mind in the future.

• Pulsar
    edited May 2021
    Options

I appreciate the kind words, but I certainly didn't handle this perfectly.

As others have pointed out, my gg was likely misconstrued as a taunt, and whilst that does not excuse their actions, it does make me feel partially culpable in what followed, as I likely unintentionally egged them on.

I imagine they may have sent something similar regardless, but we cannot ever know for certain due to my own issues understanding how mty language would be perceived.

• Duplo
    Duplo Member Posts: 18
    Options

We're all only human, mate, entirely victim to getting a little riled up / heated up in the moment when people are barking words at us.

---

What's most important is that you didn't escalate, you sought to deescalate, despite any possible misunderstandings which weren't your fault.

---

Any form of positivity, smiles, hearts and such, can be misconstrued when people are that frustrated, as text is notoriously a poor conveyer of tone (and people with poor behaviour use them sarcastically). As long as that isn't the intention, which it wasn't, and you let others know such, then all can be made well!

• Duplo
    Duplo Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm headed off to take care of some things; do keep on keeping on, mate.

---

Keep sowing positivity and hope that it takes root and helps others. It's as Jesus spoke of in the Bible, in the parable of a man sowing seeds.

Sometimes the seeds will fall on rocky turf, and people will hear the word, understand it, and rejoice, but when the seeds attempt to sprout, the roots will shrivel in the sun and it won't last.

Other times the seeds will land in the thorns, and though they take root and people hear the word, the meaning will soon be choked from it as people concern themselves with all the other worries of the world that surround them.

And at times the seeds will fall on good soil, and the seeds will take root, sprout, and flourish, and the word will be understood, cherished, and lived by, resulting in a good & joyous life and what God truly wants for us all.

---

As someone who played Dota 2 and also has quite a bit to atone for on my end, I 100% feel ye on this topic as a whole. Never stop trying to be a good person and helping others. ^_^

Take care, safe travels, and never forget to brush your teeth half an hour to an hour after each meal, depending on acidity levels! (Oral hygiene is very important; as someone who neglected it once upon a time due to anxiety taking the reigns, I've gotta sing the praises of that too, hehhh...)

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I haven't played the game for months and these people still behave like that?

Nothing seems to change in this game, no matter how much time passes.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

No, it's not better. Even without emoji. Because people don't have a clue about you being nice.

Also, they are upset. Seeing a message will increase their anger.

What I mean is... If these people can't handle a L, it means no matter what you will say after the match, it will increase their anger. They just took the opportunity you gave them by messaging them to say horrible things.

It even could make them like the victims. After all, you provoked them, right? (You didn't, but I think they took it as a provocation and they could try to justify their terrible words with that.)

I liked to say GG too, even if someone said "ez ez" before. But when people are angry, they take it as a provocation or a sign of superiority...

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Perhaps you shouldn't even bother to say "gg", to be honest. I am never toxic in-game or in post-game chat. I never taunt anyone, no matter how they played. What do I get in return?

Someone telling me to burn alive because apparently that is what a Freddy main deserves.

It is not even worth it. Sorry you had to deal with that, my friend, but it is what it is. Some people shouldn't be playing this game, and their actions make it quite clear.Ā 

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Survivors go into a match trying to make it unfun for the killer.

Killer plays spirit and claps the survivors.

Survivors: dude how dare you spoil our fun that's so unfair!.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

"It's not friendly to tell someone to die, but you did pick a character in a videogame i dislike , so your death is now justified."

We really live in the golden ages, my friends.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

We sure do. Sometimes they even specify how you should die!

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2021
    Options

Your comment is completely irrelevant with regards to this, or frankly any other situation because players who pick stridor Spirit have to do so before they have any idea who they will be up against or whether these survivors will try to "make it unfun for the killer". If you are going to play Stridor Spirit, just own the choice you are making, instead of trying to excuse it or blame it on survivor items and addons.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    Options

Nah dude just say gg and click next match.

I have done that every single game I've played unless it's been an absolute doosie and I have to give props to the killer/survivors.

I come from other games rts, lol, csgo and it's so much more abuse prevalent there then it is here. Count your blessings.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Same here. I think the thing that changed me was when I sent a dickish message to some guy in Gigantic that had lost us the game.

I got a message back in broken english essentially saying "I very sorry I new to game" and felt absolutely awful for the first time, really. Ended up apologising and giving him some tips.

I think dbd is the game that just made me stop caring and taking it so seriously.

I mean, I got banned off xbox for a month because of DBD. Not becuase of messages, because I mained OG Freddy and got so many false reports of cheating that I literally couldn't play.

THat said, First Post Worst Post. LEts not act like Killer players are any better. In the PTB I've been told to go ######### myself twice just for.... playing... as survivor and not letting the killer kill me.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Stridor Spirit is sooo unfun and unfair to play against, so I can understand why their upset. They shouldn't have said those things, though! That is just unnecessary and being a horrible person. I personally just move on to the next game without saying anything.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

and this is what scares me the most if this autoban feature somehow goes live.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341
    Options

I always take everything in a positive light like "gg :)" or "gg :D" until others tell me otherwise. It makes me feel like there are less toxic people playing then there actually are.

Had one person message me after a REALLY bad clown game and say "gg" I responded the same then they said "no not gg you got " and this is the funny part that made me not upset at this " clowned on" im pretty sure they were still making fun of me but I just said nice joke and Its just common courtesy to say gg after a match and they stopped messaging me.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341
    Options

Thank you so much for this Ā ą¼¼ į•¤ā—•ā—”ā—• ą¼½į•¤ I will be using it often.

Do you want credit or just royalties.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I honestly don't entertain anyone because of things like this, which is why I have like 30 unread messages on Xbox. ESPECIALLY if I win.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

You're right picking a perk and a killer in the game is completely different than purposely going out of your way to play in a way to piss off another player.

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177
    Options

Really? Is that a generational thing maybe? I mean I'm only in my later 20s but it's the whole other way around for me. I grew up with ":D ;D :) xD etc" and I find those -->šŸ˜€šŸ˜‚šŸ¤—<-- things super sarcastic and annoying.

• Spyonme
    Spyonme Member Posts: 80
    Options

its not only survs bro and most often then not you did something that caused it for example toxic camping, toxic tunnel, toxic shaking ur head etc list goes on.

nearly all the killers i get ingame shake their head at me because I loop more than 1 time and they instantly camp or stay within 20m and then state "I've seen survivors nearby thats why i stayed" even tho they came after 1 min running across the map to me. But you won't see me writing "Killers entitlement" because the ones that don't do such matter more to me, than the ones that are toxic

• Wafflecat
    Wafflecat Member Posts: 20
    Options

This is why I stopped playing Spirit even though she is my favorite :/ Actually, this is why I stopped playing killer at all. I tried learning Nurse and still got this sort of stuff with no kills in the game. Lol.

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121
    Options

even if that was the case, that does not even come close to warranting death wishes lol