Decisive Strike After Both Unhooks

DawnMad
DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Decisive Strike in its current state isn't very abusable, a survivor can't progress the game without losing it and if a killer gets hit with a 59 second DS that means the survivor was useless for that whole minute... or they were being tunneled which is the point.

Its effect on the other hand isn't nearly strong enough to stop tunneling, it only punishes it. Then there is the problem when a killer eats a DS after the survivors first hook, they are now free to tunnel that survivor after their second hook. This is still tunneling and shouldn't be the case.

What I'm suggesting is to make DS always activate after both unhooks, even if you already used it. If a killer is going to try to tunnel you after both hooks then it should punish it both times.

Post edited by DawnMad on

Comments

• mithrios
    mithrios Member Posts: 120

100% quote

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

TBH not a big of a deal, if killer ate first DS, he will know you have it 2nd time and can play around it by sluging you. I would be up for this change.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

I found the new DS quiet balanced and I think that extra 2nd DS option can ruin the game for both killers and survivors. Killers will know the DS users and start to slug the entire match while some survivors will trust the 2nd DS chance and make more uncalculated movements. I play both sides( Rank 1 Survivor, Rank 3 killer) and I can say that since DS nerf people are playing better. They increased their loop potentials, start to do teamwork more and using mindgames even more which is really a big improvement. Beside there are many perks, items and add-ons that can save survivor from sticky situation. Moreover if all of the thing is about tunneling neither old or new DS stopped tunneling because DS was never an anti tunnell perk but more likely giving you to head start to save yourself againts tunneler.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Exactly, DS is supposed to give you a chance if you get tunneled. This change would only have an effect on killers who tunnel survivors after both hooks, the only killers it would ruin the game for are the ones who hard tunnel survivors to death from the start. If slugging is a problem there are solutions for that, but DS is the sole perk to protect yourself from tunneling. In its current state a killer can tunnel a survivor twice by eating a single DS which isn't enough of a punishment, especially against killers like Spirit/Nurse/Slinger/Blight... who can catch up or end chases quickly.

I agree about the "playing better" part, since the DS nerf people are playing a lot smarter and safer. I don't think doing this would change it at all since this doesn't really change the way you gain or lose DS, it just makes it so using it once doesn't disable it the next time.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

With how many things deactivate DS, I guess why not

• Krunga
    Krunga Member Posts: 159

I've been saying this for a few days now. This change would make it effective against tunneling.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I've seen threads like this and honestly it sounds like a good idea. BT works after both unhooks so why not DS?

• Nico_0
    Nico_0 Member Posts: 115

That sounds good if the timer is shortened a bit too.

Also being the last survivor alive or stepping in a bear trap should deactivate DS

• SoapNSpook
    SoapNSpook Member Posts: 151

I can't believe this isn't a thing at the moment, DS seems so useless now.

• Lliart
    Lliart Member Posts: 200

I mean did you even read it? Basically it makes it so that it does everything that DS currently, the whole turning off if you progress the game thing, but DS activates on the second unhook as well. This feels fair to me imo since it does protect against the traditional form of tunneling without taking away the nerfs that exist.

Honestly it feels really unfair and dismissive to the OP to just be flippant instead of trying to give constructive criticism. And hell, I'm a Wraith main! Just dismissing the point without actually reading or paying attention to it is harmful to the game's health and shows that you do not care for simple conversation.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

No