Pride charm = Getting camped :/

Mineguy
Mineguy Member Posts: 318

The charm is not even a few hours old and 7/10 matches I got facecamped from a killer who hit the charm all the time.

I really like the charm but I wanna play normally....I'm sad this community has so many homophobic kids in it :/

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I got facecamped 5 times today (1 was a few games ago) and I wonder if it was for the same reason as they kept hitting me on hook as well. Not sure if it was aimed at the charm though.

I can't believe there's people out there like that. I never would've thought that would be a reason why someone was targeted out of the game until I seen this post. Wow.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

If they do that just because of your charm it's a really ######### thing to do....

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

If they explicitly keep on hitting the charm could it be a bannable offence...?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213
    edited May 2021

Probably not. Could always claim "I didn't even see the charm" which isn't unrealistic anyway, hence why I suggested teasing out a confession in chat.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

I had a game last night against a spirit who, based on their Steam profile / comments, I'm about 90% certain was tunneling me off hook due to the charm. Thankfully they weren't particularly good and with assistance from my team was able to run her for the full 5 gens and escape. I genuinely hope it was something less nefarious but sadly you never know with this community. Funny thing is the charm is just something that looks cool to me, I'm not part of the LGTB community, just someone who was raised to treat others how I'd like to be treated.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Same, my matches have been exactly like they always are.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You can and should report discriminating comments and hateful profiles to Steam!

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Thank god I am a killer main I can run the charm without this #########.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Already did, but I have no faith of anything being done. There were comments going back to 2018 from people saying they'd reported the user and the account was still active. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I played for about four hours last night into this morning. I can't report any differences as survivor or killer, as I played both roughly equally.

One of my matches DID involve a hardcore face camper but then he let me go as the last survivor (I think it's because I stopped opening the exit gate when he approached and bowed as if to say "go ahead, take the win". I think I got lucky with that, he probably would have killed me otherwise).

So no, my first few hours of playing with the charm made no difference. To be honest, as killer I didn't notice the charms at all, Pride or otherwise.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I have the charm on my Legion hook, I didn't even use the Legion's power the whole match, yet I still had a Meg (also wearing the charm) running at me with their Endurance from BT when I tried to go for the unhooker, and hiding in a locker to hit me with DS when I tried calling their bluff.

Assholes will still be #########

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Fluffed pillows. Fresh sheets. Warm blanket. Lovely.

• Mineguy
    Mineguy Member Posts: 318

Well they looked directly where the charm is and hit all the time from that side.

• Mooks

thats concerning and hopefully you were just unlucky with your matches and this won’t be a general issue.

but I guess such people are easy to bait something out of in the end game chat, just mildly tease them for example that they needed to facecamp you because you outplayed them so hard. They will probably want to correct you ;)

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Imo there needs to be more evidence to ban someone. Its not my problem bc i never hit people on the hook but i think clearer evidence is needed. Most will admit it in chat anyway.

• Mooks

That’s the thing though.. apparently those killer players stop playing the actual game and start to concentrate on such things and only target according to that.

This was a thing before, for example killers singling out characters that are people of color. And it was always against game rules and reportable/bannable with sufficient proof.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I didn't notice any difference.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I'd be really surprised if the charm was the reason, a very very tiny minority may do this but most wont care or even be able to see the charm.

Im probably good for getting minimum 5 facecamps/beaten on the hook a day, i think if i put the charm on i'll still be good for my 5 a day.

Weirdly i enjoy it, if i didnt get it id think i was playing the game wrong. Get the gens done team, me and the killer are sharing a moment lol.

• Mooks

OP already explained, the killer is standing in a position with the charm directly in view for them and then hitting.

and we clarified that those killers actually want to support the LGBTQ+ community and try to hug the survs (which they sadly can’t and thus they are hitting them accidentally)

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Just stop it man that's not true. They camped because they're toxic, or a troll, or had a bad game previously. Your orientation is not that serious. This has been going on since the inception of this game.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Charms are visible to killers? i never see them lol.

• Mooks

I get that. I also don’t want to see people talking down on LGBTQ+ topics in a video game forum. But I have to endure those as well. I can’t really do anything against that.

but… you can just not click on the dedicated threads, you know? I want to take part in these discussions, and the devs of this video game are caring about this topic and are including stuff like the charm into their game so it has actually a place here.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

I played 6 matches last night and was only one in my lobbies with flag charm, all the killers played normal. Had one green rank killer, rest were red/purple rank.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I care about the topic too. Instead of this beautiful thing, a step forward now we are jumping at shadows and people keep posting that they are being tunneled and camped because of their charm. This is why we can't have nice things. You and I both know that those same people were saying they were being tunneled and camped last week for no reason at all. We also know that perhaps one in a hundred people might be targeted because of the charm. Nearly everyone has it. I have it. Basically, a nice step has been turned into yet another cesspool of excuses and annoyance.

If someone is a bigot and a jerk, I'm going to call them on it. I'm going to get in their way. If I see people spoiling for a fight, using the charm as a way to get it, I'm going to get in their way too.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Per BHVRs own words: be killer, can't kill anyone because everyone has magical tag that gets you banned. 100% sure killers are just gonna get mass reported for hate crimes because they dared to play the game.

• Mooks

Okay fair enough, I didn’t see that that’s what you were getting at.

yeah. But those people that have to ruin something good will always be their, regardless of what it’s about. Some of them really think they are being targeted because of the charm even though that’s not true.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,716
    edited May 2021

This actually brings up a similar point of can you banned for tunneling/camping certain cosmetics or characters? I don't know if the devs have said anything about that?

Shirtless Davids, Toxic Neas, Dark Outfit Claudettes, Bunny Fengs, Mismatched/Silly Dwights, and the list goes on. Some people tunnel/camp them without mercy and there's even been threads about who you might specifically go after over others.

Let's say someone is tunneling you because of the charm. I agree if they're only doing it because they're homophobic and want to hurt you then ban them but what if they just like the charm? What if they dislike the colors? What if they just want to be annoying and get a salty message? What if people start tunneling anyone who isn't wearing the charm?

If people are going to be banned for tunneling the charm then so be it but I hope people bring up tunneling/camping certain characters/cosmetics as well. It's the same issue at a base level and if one gets punished I think it's only right to punish all of them.

Edit: Just to clarify I don't think tunneling/camping certain charms/cosmetics/characters should be bannable at all without getting their reason. I find the issue of tunneling the charm and tunneling based on character/cosmetics very similar and should be handled the same. If they don't bring up their reason for why they did it I don't think they should be punished for it even if they were specifically targeting it.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

It's not because of the charm, camping is a strategy and has been done for a long time. Just because a charm is in the game doesn't mean you can blame killers for camping you because of the charm. The only time you can say that is if the killer said something about it in the chat and criticized you.

I have been wearing the charm and my games are normal, I get tunneled and I don't blame it on the charm. I say "Hmmm maybe the killer is playing the game and not doing it because of my charm"

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2021

If someone is loser enough to be wanting to tunnel wearers of this charm, they'll be able to see it. I was farming a rift challenge as killer yesterday, I downed this Nancy several times and didn't notice she had it on until the last time I downed her in the exit gate, I wasn't looking for it and noticed it because it's quite colorful, if someone has the mission to tunnel survivors wearing it and is looking for it, they'll be able to see it

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

A cartoon character hitting a badge on a game object is not harrasment. Anything in the Chat or post game is

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I can't say I've ever noticed a charm on a survivor as I have to concentrate when playing killer. With Oni you're running at 200mph and don't even get to look at your victims arse for long. I play Trapper too and most of my kills are those that stepped in traps 😅

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

I am not a member of the LGBTQ+ Comunity, but I respect it as everyone should, i think that there is no point at camping or tunneling someone with this charm, I am just using this charm as Killer as I know that this situations are happening to a lot of people, that should count as sportsmanalike just like normal camping should be, we never know how the Devs pretend to fix this.