Pride charm = Getting camped :/

2»

Comments

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538

I believe you are trying to make something seem like it it because of the charm but really it is just how a lot of players play in this game, especially at low ranks

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Honestly it’s impossible to tell their intent unless they explicitly state it. I’m not doubting it occurs, but I’ve had many killers hit me on the hook from every angle.

The advice of trying to tease it out of them in end game chat is sound.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

You got camped and they hit the charm 7 times out of 10 matches?

And none of them admitted or said anything in regard to what they did?

Usually trolls can’t wait to let you know why they camped you.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

While I think that it is hard to see the user's intention, I have seen several threads in the reddit forums where users have stated that they intend to specifically tunnel survivors with the charm and others in that thread said that as long as they don't admit to it in the chat that's fine. So it is for sure a thing.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

Yeah we've noticed weird stuff like this in the past. I have been mainning Ace and my wife is mainning Feng Min. sometimes we suddenly notice weird stuff like.. a killer who always hooks female survivors and leaves male survivors slugged.. Like... whut? Never noticed it being racial although we used to play Dwight/Claudette.

Jokes on them, I like to main Nea a lot, too. In fact, I stopped playing Dwight in my early days because somehow, playing Nea, even with the same build, I was surviving better and interpreted that killers were targeting Dwight...

But seriously, one wonders what's the point. It feels often like there is a world of chill people that just let other people be themselves and other people that somehow have to project onto other people for some reason.

Even if I was to dislike a group, I don't see what doing this ######### in a video game is for? What are you showing or proving? Does not compute.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

Just like killers who tunnel black survivors, they exist but unless you got proof, it's most likely not the case. Very few people are going to throw just to be an edgelord. BTW don't bother reporting their steam profile, nothing will happen since it's up to bhvr to ban a player or not.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

a bright rainbow will probably be more noticeable is especially with survivors who have darker clothing

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

i think for every killer that will tunnel and facecamp you for wearing the charm, there's a killer that will purposefully let you go for wearing the charm. over time the impact of it should average out to the same overall experience ingame, but just making the extremes more common.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,037
    edited May 2021

I know we mentioned it a lot yesterday, but I'll pop it in here too in case anyone missed it <3

Bannable offenses include griefing, hateful speech, repeated harrassment, and more. An individual game of it isn't really enough unless they say in post-game it was because of the charm, you can report that. If you are REPEATEDLY being harassed by a player (or you are harassing someone) over the course of several matches, that could very possibly be punishable. This has always been a part of the Game Rules, nothing has changed in these regards. If anyone would like to review the Game Rules, we have them here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

Lastly, if you are being messaged harassment outside of the game (Steam DMs, PSN DMs, etc), please report them to the platform in which they occurred.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2021

I'm something of an artist. When I was young, I loved Rainbows, still do. Anything to do with colors. I was super OCD about my crayons being in the right order from Hot to Cool colors, ect. I was young and cute. I used to wear a shirt that had a Rainbow and two clouds on it. I think it was actually a Carebear symbol. Well, long story short, everyone thought I was gay by middle school. I don't wear Rainbows anymore.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Many people in the community and even the devs disagree with you.

your opinion is just that. An opinion. Not the truth.

the devs made it even a bannable offense.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Welcome to video games, it's not going to be your first time at the virtual rodeo. The online community is filled with edgelords and Ben Shapiro wannabes, you'll get used to it eventually.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

This is honestly fascinating to me. This entire Pride charm issue and everything that's stemming from it is a very interesting (if unintentional) social experiment.

I do want to say one thing: Though, like the poster said, it doesn't affect me in the sense that I find it bothersome, I do find it kind of funny that someone like Michael Myers - or more specifically, Freddy - would have the charm on their hooks. Only because it's out of character for those guys to have morals, you know? Like "I molest and kill children but I am totally in favor of gay rights". Lol.

Again, not saying there's anything wrong with a killer putting the charm on their hooks. I have. It's just funny when you think about it. I mean picture Leatherface with full human face mask and bloody apron at a Pride march, grunting and and having no idea what's even going on. Or the Demogorgon, who presumably has no concept of human sexuality. :)

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

Oh look I got facecamped. IT MUST BE THE PRIDE CHARM, bc nobody ever facecamps. 🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

The hooks belong to the entity, who has proven his commitment to equality and diversity time and time again. Regardless of your race, gender, sexuality, age, your suffering is all the same to it :)

• miketheratguy
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If we had freedom of speech in every country perhaps people could talk about things instead of being frustrated and "camp" in a game. Stop playing the victim.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

I'm gonna run it. Not for me, for you and all the others.

If people ask what's my sexuality I answer: I don't have one, because I don't care. I don't make any differences. if I like you, I do.

And I also know that I'm a good survivor so if someone chooses to focus on me? It will be most likely in everyones interest. And I also don't mind randoms trashtalking me.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

But what happens if THEY start chasing YOU!? xD I'm kidding lol.

• Joshawoo71
    Joshawoo71 Member Posts: 23

Aw man I just wanted my pot of gold that's all.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited May 2021

there is no difference people been doing this since 2016, as a person already said toughen up. now people want to use the charm as the free card escape, this is going too far already and everyone knew this was gonna happen that is why i was kind of against this charm because people are way too oversensitive for everything nowadays.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You were against it because you think people are oversensitive nowadays? Disregarding the fact that this isn't a new phenomenon (women's rights were also seen as women just being "oversensitive", "hysterical", and so on, just to name one example), why does it bother you so much? If "toughen up" means to dismiss things that bother you, then, surely, this shouldn't affect you, right?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

you are twisting my comment to your like putting in my mouth stuff i never said, read my comment again and dont interpretate it its very clear. you have proof with this type of threads and the ones to come.

• Orion

I'm just trying to figure out why it bothers you if, as you claim, others are oversensitive.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

On the positive side: I had a bunch of survivors come up to the hook, point at the charm as if to ask if I'd spare them. I usually do and they've been usually very sweet in postgame <3

• Mooks

People want to use the charm as a free escape is just not true. That’s a neglectable minority that may be pretty vocal on social media/in the forum right now.

and I would even make a very bold statement here: there are people acting like this just to cast shade on the LGBTQ+ community. Of course I got no proof on that, but it’s not an unreasonable assumption either.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

What if i just dont like rainbows? Is THAT bannable?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The level of ignorance in this thread is truly staggering. Anyone with two brain cells knew that the charms would lead to people trolling others. I can't even fathom how people can delude themselves into believing otherwise.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

Probably because the logic that "i got camped + i have pride charm = killer is a homophobe" is laughably unscientific. Go look up "Key and Peele Office Homophobe", if you haven't seen it already. Explains the situation perfectly.

• miketheratguy

This is getting conspiracy-level deep.

• MeltingPenguins
    edited May 2021

you have people outright say in endgame chat that they played toxic because they saw the charm...

• Mooks

To be fair. This doesn’t happen often at all. And if someone admits it like that easy report.

• miketheratguy

It was a joke. I was referring to how big this entire charm thing has blown up.

• MeltingPenguins

To be fair, on here and tumblr Poe's Law is sitting in a corner weeping

• Orion

Right now it's meaningless, because you can't prove intention unless the homophobe/racist/whatever admits it (which they do, every time, because otherwise they don't get their jollies). The problem with an autoban feature is the autoban feature, not a charm.

• miketheratguy

It's alright, I understand.

I participated in what I feel was some good discussion about the charm yesterday but already, just since even then, the issue has spider-webbed into such a hot mess that I'm now just kind of stepping back and watching the whole thing grow like Tetsuo in Akira. It's almost as if the Pride charm was an alien invention that was dropped into the game to test all human variables that could result from such an act. I think we're getting all of them, lol.