When do you think DBD will end?

Sup3rCatTree
Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

When do you think DBD will end? 47 votes

I think there will be multiple games/ same game providing horror for future generations
8%
[Deleted User]MoundshroudMarioBrosMastern00binati 4 votes
Few years
61%
TapeKnotDemiurgjoao943The_Grapistmusstang62TaigaUistreelMrsGhostfacePlantCollectorPurgatorianNebulaEobardThawnebubbabrothaDudelPumaAceTripleStealNoOneKnowsNovaBoobaBasementDwellerItzZane_DistortedDream 29 votes
10-15 years
17%
Seiko300DarkMagikGannTMGuiltiiash13papichuloSup3rCatTreeHex_AverageStudent 8 votes
15-20 years
2%
Riku_Odayaka 1 vote
20-30 years
0%
40-50 years
10%
DimekGeneralVGlamourousLeviathanGazgemauchthemegthomas88 5 votes

Comments

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Few years

I'll give the game...3 years then it will die off OR the devs are going to make DBD 2

• Sup3rCatTree
    10-15 years

Yeah, I think they are going to make another game eventually

• I think there will be multiple games/ same game providing horror for future generations

I wouldent say horror but more so cat and mouse genre

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305
    Few years

dbd 2 hahaha man yes nonsens

you grind for years and in the end you have to start all over again? Part 2, 3 mostly only works with games like more or less offline games are xD the same principle csgo 2 (you lose all things in the csgo 1 xD) if something like that happens I'm out of course xD others can give it to themselves, please think about it , put all DLCs, skins, ingame currency, BP, everything aside and go to a 2nd part? no one who has even 1k hours would go over there

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

With the new auto ban system it could be very soon.

• DudelPumaAce
    Few years

every game has its high and its low, dbd had its low then the doctor came up and then we went up again, and currently dbd has a high, is normal every game has its high and its low, but why dbd stays alive is my opinion After the DLCs (especially licensed characters) with all the bugs, the servers are really bad: hits that hit you as a survivor even though the killer is meters away from you, or as a killer you use a skill and meet the survivor but don't take one Damage or grabs that are broken off and and and, that's why the statement in my opinion sinloss "they shouldn't bring out a DLC for 1 year so that they take care of the bugs" simply makes no sense, I claim: no content = decreasing player base

• Sup3rCatTree
    10-15 years

Making a completely new game doesn't mean everything goes away, for example, Blizzard is making Overwatch 2 and you will be able to play with people from the first Overwatch server and you keep all your items.

• DudelPumaAce
    Few years

that sounds just pointless to me xD then the devs from OW didnt think about it ... I mean there is a nice word "updates, DLCs" then you can leave everything on part 1 clarify me, I find it pointless, please clarify me maybe I do not misunderstand something xD

• Sup3rCatTree
    10-15 years

First why so many xD's? Second, the game is going to be completely different from OW it's going to have a campaign mode, if you were to make that into a DLC on the main game that will be a GIGANTIC DLC. Let's use the example of Destiny by Bungie. They created a destiny 2 with a new campaign mode, they cant just make that into a DLC, they can expand the current campaign but not add a completely new one.

In OW 2 They are also updating so many more things. They cant make the equivalent of a whole new game and put that into a DLC

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Few years

Well I hope that The old abilites of the heroes would be back...I left the game because of hammond

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
    Few years

I hope the game is around longer than my vote, I can definitely see the game growing after RE goes live because it's so popular in the horror genre.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2021
    10-15 years

I did the math sometime recently based off of their natural development cycle of producing some 4 chapters per year- 2 of them being original and 2 being licensed per year, based purely off of the big name popular film licenses alone Dead by Daylight has a solid 4-5 years in it.

Including Popular Video Game Licenses up that number to some 6-7 years

And those are just the licenses that I personally gravitate toward, there are plenty of licenses I was not willing to put in my list (IE Slenderman, Fnaf, etc.) and / or did not include in my list because they just don't come to mind or I've never heard of them. So this is a conservative estimate, and there are likely plenty of other licenses out there that the devs will eventually pursue that I did not realistically consider.

Outside of regular chapter releases, Dead By Daylight will probably still go on strong and maintain a regular- albeit slightly declining playerbase once content development stops as older players slowly lose interest and being given less and less reason to come back. Although I can still see a small portion of the dev team still sustaining the game during this time period with continued support through bug fixes, balance changes, and even holiday events and sales for skins and stuff after new content is no longer being created. There will probably be some form of existing community for a few years, let's just say for the sake of small conservative number 3 years.

Already that brings DBD to lasting about 10 more years or so give or take, though I can imagine it being for even longer.

Games that pioneered in their respective genres tend to last a long time- CS:GO released in 2012, League of Legends released in 2009, and these games are still more or less going strong as a horse. So it's not impossible. Dead By Daylight does not have any realistic competitors within its genre, Friday the 13th died and failed, Last Year died and failed, Predator: Hunting Grounds is still struggling on I think with it's steam release but with numbers nowhere close to DBD, and the smaller titles like Gold Express or Soul at Stake never stood a chance.

Even BHVR's own Deathgarden: Bloodharvest couldn't manage to stand on it's own two legs outside the shadow of Dead By Daylight.

Hell, Dead By Daylight is available not only easily accessible in various stores on PC, but on Console as well on PS4, Xbox one, Nintendo Switch, next generation consoles like PS5 which are only just coming out and very few people have, and even ######### Mobile.

Long story short, I think it's fairly safe to say that Dead By Daylight isn't going away anytime soon. Even if it's only "a few more years" I'm more inclined to think that'd be closer to 10 years- something like 5-7, than it would be to suddenly die off in 2 or 3.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    40-50 years

Although this game has already made me rage a lot, it is still my favourite online game. I do hope DbD becomes something ageless, like League of Legends and World of Warcraft.

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271
    10-15 years

**Solid 10 Years**

• Hex_AverageStudent
    Hex_AverageStudent Member Posts: 22
    10-15 years

I don't think the game will end in the near future, but I do think there won't be any new survivors or killers. there will be regular map changes and bug fixes ECT.