Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Wrong priority to self-healing

R4ZIONAL3
R4ZIONAL3 Member Posts: 3

Many times I have received a hit because of the priority to self-healing instead of unhooking or taking the hatch. I think thats a bug like that one that made you take the items before unhooking someone in the basement.

If thats not a bug, that makes no sense, if Im in the hatch I want to take it, not self-heal (I died because of that), and if Im near to a hooked survivor I want to rescue him, not self-heal.

Please fix it. Thank you.

4 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I've noticed this bug prioritizing for self care, crushing Victor, and snapping out of it. Instead of unhooking someone it'll try to do those instead. In cases of just self care I couldn't grab a med kit out of a chest because it kept prioritizing self care. I've also had self care prioritize over working on a totem or opening an exit gate. It's gotten pretty bad.

• philomela
    philomela Member Posts: 34

Likewise this is currently an issue with healing others using a medkit. If you're injured you will instead use the medkit on yourself, because the button/key is the same.

This never used to be the case, so was introduced in a certain update, but I cannot say if it was recent as I stopped playing for some months recently.

Priority is mostly pretty obvious:

If I am next to a survivor and I use a medkit or self-care, assume I'm healing them. I'm not going to heal myself next to an injured survivor. Bonus QOL upgrade: this also prevents people from self-caring themselves when others are injured nearby and/or trying to heal them (or requesting healing).

If I am on a hatch, open the hatch.

If I am on an exit gate panel, open the panel! If I have time I can step away and heal myself or pick up an item after it has been opened.

And so on.