The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rank one and you face camp first hook?

What joy does one get out of facecamping first hook? Do killers ACTUALLY get rewarded in rank for face camping? I am soo confused?

Comments

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Basically it's how people got to rank one because hell knows the ranking system and all is broken AF and one can only hope that the skill based matchmaking recognises camping, tunneling and slugging as lack of skill, because otherwise NOTHING will change... (except for maybe better killers on low ranks?)

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Sometimes survivors suicide on hook against a face camper.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

I'm sure there was a reason. But the reality is, camping only works if survivors put themselves in a situation where it is the most effective play. Stop hating on the player, and start hating on BHVR for allowing it to happen. I'd like to not have to ever camp or tunnel, but the reality is the game goes too fast to not do those things.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

oh yea we escaped but this poor jake had to suffer the fate of the look see lol there were 5 gens left his first hook and hes face camping. I think he did it because i cleansed ruin as soon as i spawned lol

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

Sounds like reason enough for me. If part of my plan is to use a perk that literally gets removed from the game due to RNG to the point that i physically can't do anything about it? It is gonna put me on tilt and make me wanna camp that person. If the survivors play dumb, i can probably turn it into a win. If not, at least i made someone else not have fun after they took my fun away.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Meh

• ill_Boston_lli

unfortunately the jake was not the one who cleansed the totem.... Poor thing.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,281

Well, the game also can't be slowed down, since that'd be a direct buff to camping.

Both need simultaneous fixing.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I think it's dumb, but we only have the devs to blame for this. They literally designed and incentivized camping for the killer.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Maybe that's just how they decided to play that game because of the map, team or just because they wanted to.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Never done it so have no idea why other killers do it.

As a survivor I just hang on as long as I can so my teammates can get gens done. It "only" happens to me like 1 out of 50/60 games. Last time it happened was at 4 gens and when I died they were at 1 - and soon thereafter the other 3 escaped. One of the other survivors came to my stream and thanked me for hanging in there to help them. I don't get angry over stuff like this - it's a game and life is too short to spend that much energy on people who do stuff like this.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Sounds like someone is farming hatemail

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Face Camping 1st hook.... lose a couple of gens but 3 vs 1 makes it an even game 😉.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I can’t argue against any of these points.

Intelligent, and well worded.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

“I’ve been camped so let me make another, totally original post about why campers suck”

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,281

Survivors appear to want guaranteed safe unhooks, and nothing short will please them. Let's tell the truth an shame the devil, what you want is for there to be no risk of the Killer hitting the would-be rescuer and thus no reason for someone not to come get you. This leads us to the next point.

Your tirade already breaks down here because you don't seem to understand that there's no such thing as a 'safe unhook'. When a survivor is hooked, the unhooker will still have to move into the killer's range, avoiding detection, then they need to bide their time and find an opportunity to get the unhook.

And without Swiffer, this becomes a far more difficult task since there's up to two other survivors that might end up gunning for the rescue if they don't know you're on it, causing tons of wasted time and a possibly very unsafe unhook, which is one of the most frustrating things to have happen to you. I can't tell you how often, in solo play, I carefully make my way over to the hook and wait for the killer to move away, only for another survivor to come screaming into the hook with the killer in tow, yanking the survivor off the hook and leaving everyone to clean up the mess.

In addition, the act of unhooking produces a loud noise notification, giving the killer the opportunity to double back. If they're within 8 seconds of the hook, there's a very real risk of them catching the trail of either survivor.

What anti-camping is about is that it's absolutely terrible for the game that the killer can choose to throw out the entire gameplay for themselves and their victim. They shouldn't be able to simply sit on the hook and get a guaranteed kill without the intervention of Borrowed Time.

If I make my way to the hook to try to rescue someone and I get spotted along the way, that's fine. If there's a survivor that's looping the killer near or around the hook, that's on that survivor. But if the killer is checking up on the hook every 5-7 seconds, that's when the game goes down the drain and NO ONE in the match is enjoying themselves anymore. And that has to be fixed. It's forgivable in the EGC, or when there's one gen left, but if there's 3 or more gens remaining and the killer camps, the match is just not worth playing anymore.

Tunnelling is a lot more difficult as an issue, because as people often say, it's simply more logical to go for the injured target, and the problem is more with the game than with the player, but camping is very obviously a problem that needs solving, since it is detrimental to -everyone-.

• DangerScouse

Out of curiosity, and in your proposal, how would you deal with survivors following the killer and all waiting near the hook? Which they absolutely would do, as they would be immune to getting hit. If somehow the killer is forced to magically exit the immediate area, are you suggesting survivors essentially deserve a free escape?

• DangerScouse

When you said the killer is forced to leave area, that's where. Survivors following the killer and waiting near the hook can't get hit because you want to force the killer to leave the immediate area.

Therefore they are immune, and the hooked survivor gets a free rescue. Voila.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Mind your own buisness. There are tons of reasons to camp you will never see by playing as survivor. Killers camp at all ranks

• DangerScouse

When you said the killer should be forced to leave the area once the survivor is hooked.

Any survivor who waits around the hook is therefore immune (as the killer is magically forced to leave the area), and the person on the hook gets a free rescue.

Voila.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

At this point I've accepted that all killers have the right to and will do everything in their power to win, no matter how unfair it is. I've also decided to start using tactics I find "unfair" when I play killer because if I want the devs to actually change something I have to add to the kill rate and make it seem like a problem.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

maybe they facecamped because the game wasn't going in their favor so they wanted to try and secure a kill I can only assume.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

ThIs iS a LeGiT sTrAteGy i MusT aPplY pReSsUre ItS nOt BanNabLe

BUt GeNrUsH Is BaD nERf iiiit

• DangerScouse

Genuinely curious. I assume you think camping shouldn't be allowed, and gen speed is fine?

Not a loaded question, but I see people seem to fall hard on one side or another. Not much balance in the middle.

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156

I find it funny that whenever there a post crying about survivors being OP or get bullied in a video game (somehow), you always got people kissing their ass and offering support.

But when the EXACT same situation (well not literally but you know what I mean) comes along and a survivor airs his greviences, he gets told it's not a big deal and it's your fault.

The double standards is insane

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

Do survivors stop working a gen in the middle to go find another gen? No? Tunnel and camp away, then.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Rank is based on time played, not skill. I get survivors who don't even know what looping is most matches as killer nowadays.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I actually find it funny when survivors say that kind of crap to me. Cause they're usually "rank 1 and running dead hard".

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Nope i play both and camping/tunnel is boring as genrush. But this forum is 90% hypocrites killers mains its always funny for me to see this fact on

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

excuse me face camping goes more like "ahh ooh aghhh" depending on the survivor. Its the chainsaw reving that goes brrr.

• AngryKiller
    AngryKiller Member Posts: 66
    • think he did it because i cleansed ruin as soon as i spawned lol

So you left the killer with 3 perks for the entire rest of the match with zero effort on your part because you spawned right next ruin, and think it's not fair that he left your team with just 3 survivors by camping?

• ill_Boston_lli

tbf I play killer more often than i do survivor and I in no way shape or form expect a free unhook or safety after being unhooked. I was just SUPER surprised to see face camping like legitimate FACE camping on this poor baby jakes first hook. Sure his totem was cleansed almost instantly and sure it was on a farm map which could be real irritating. I don't think he shouldn't be allowed to do it nor do i care if he chose too. I was just more or less shocked to see it happen to suddenly and quickly. I believe he was doing this to keep a three gen and kill someone off at the same time but in the end it didn't pay off for him as he got 3 E'd but I literally just felt super bad for both the doc and the Jake in this scenario

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

If you do it on first hook, the killer is only hurting himself. It is what I say and believe in but you can always get an unhook with BT if you trade. That's the thing.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

I'm a killer main and I don't do it as it not a viable strat and it does not help you in rank.

Il only do it if the survivour gets to cocky and starts teabagging like a moron. If they gonna be toxic so am I lol

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,469

face camping not being face camped, being face camped you go ahh ooh aghhh, face camping you go brr

• ill_Boston_lli

Yes I'm aware of that I was just surprised to see it so soon in a match and then come to find out the doc was rank one,. Its a bit surprising to see.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I'm more shocked to not see a Bubba in place of that Doctor XD

• DangerScouse

Fair enough. I agree you can't criticise or support one, without the other

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I mean. Most people at red rank, especially at Rank 1 are just #########