Doctor & Flashbang Concerns

A few of my friends have issues with the flash from the doctor or the dropped flash bangs, the fire crackers, etc. The bright white of the light and how it hits the screen gives migraines, has had one friend close to an epilepsy attack, another friend it triggers her PTSD. Is there a possibility to input a button in Settings that would minimize the flash the gamer sees when those things hit so as not to cause harm? Just a thought and something we've all been discussing recently.

Thank you for taking the time to read, much love! ♥

Comments

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

Probably not, I have to take Tylenol after playing DBD for a few hours because no joke, it gives me such a headache. Sometimes my ears get abused from sounds

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Tbh if I'm against doctor I just don't try sounds stupid but all the screaming and flashes give me a headache but didn't think about how people with epilepsy get, I don't even think there's a warning within the game about bright flashes.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I believe the effects were even turned down when they retextured The Doctor.

Obviously, since its not enough, there should maybe be an Epilepsy toggle in the settings that changes the effects to something that would minimize the potential to trigger it.

The major issue with this, thematically (and not that I necessarily agree with it), is that it's supposed to be distracting and 'scary' so its supposed to pop up on the screen and distort. I'm assuming it would be hard to find the compromise between killer fantasy and the accessibility for survivors who would be sensitive literally to Static and the Madness effects.

I do hope there is something that can be done for your friends though, i'd hate for you not to be able to play with them due to the issues that have arised.

• Witchy_Momma_Tris
    Witchy_Momma_Tris Member Posts: 6

Yeah, we really love the game, play almost daily Lmao But if there's a Doctor, several of my friends prepare for migraines which is really not great. One even has an automatic response in her Twitch stream that if a Doctor is shown, she warns the chat about his flashes and if it effects their head in any way to look away from the screen. Unfortunately, she's one of the ones that the Doctor gives migraines to every time she plays against him. I knew it was a long shot but figured couldn't hurt to ask if there was something that could be done ^_^