Mr X Legendary Skin for Nemesis

Options
XW1LL1AMZX
XW1LL1AMZX Member Posts: 1
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Now I know what you’re gonna say but just here me out. Mr X (T-00) is a tyrant same as the new killer Nemesis. Now I know nemesis has a tentacle as his power in dbd but hear me out. Since Mr X is a tyrant that doesn’t mean he couldn’t pull off having a tentacle. We’ve seen him evolve before e.g. Super Tyrant at the end of Leon’s story in RE2 remake. Now with the rumours of Chris and Claire coming as legendary skins. I’ve got to say something because Mr X seems like too good of an opportunity to have in the game just to miss him out. Hell if it was up to me I’d have his own power and solo killer dlc. Like they did with leatherface. It confused me that the map was RPD as Mr X chased you for the majority of the RPD encounter. Please give my boy Mr X some love devs. I tried hard to hype him up in the DBD Dev stream of RE2. With NotQueen & Giggles.

Much Love Devs

xw1ll1amzx

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    Options

I want this skin too Im here for it !!

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

It would be good, first of all now that I think about it Mr. X doesn't have any ability just from m1, it could be a perfect skin.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

I think they will add Mr.X as Legendary skin. Because they mentioned there will be new skins and etc.. for the new killer and survivors so probably we will saw that skin maybe at late times.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I don't know if there'd be any legendary skin I'd want more than Mr. X.

I'm definitely hoping they'll bring him in as dress-up for Nemesis (hopefully with his hat too). If they really wanted to go above and beyond here, maybe we could even ask nicely and get Super Tyrant too.

• bobwalkerjr
    bobwalkerjr Member Posts: 6
    Options

Fk yea brother we must show them how much we want MR X!

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Wouldn't that also mean shrinking the killer's height? Mr. X is not even close to being the same scale as Nemesis.

• bobwalkerjr
    bobwalkerjr Member Posts: 6
    Options

What do you mean? officially nemesis is just 3 inches taller than mr x

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I really hope so, mr x is my favorite tyrant :)

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Not just the height, but the proportions of his body.

Mr. X is stockier while Nemesis has longer and larger arms/legs.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2021
    Options

I want it but I'm not sure how the tentacle would work. The sprint would also look silly.

X was the real winner of the RE remakes so far. Nemesis was a massive disappointment in RE3make.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

Nemesis is all torso. Mr. X is a giant rectangle.

That said, Cheryl looks nothing like Lisa Garland, they're two totally different models (and two totally different characters). They don't have physical mutations or anything, which obviously makes this a different case than Nemesis and X.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683
    Options

Honestly I don't think it's works because, yeah tentacle. Now fair points with Look-See and the minotaur, although the minotaur I view as more of a minor thing. I agree 100% with the Look-See skin. I honestly have no clue why they gave that to Doctor, cus it's really doesn't make any sense. As for Krampus and the traps? Ehhh...I mean it depends? Like there are so many different interpretations of Krampus and it's not really above the realm of possibility for him to set traps up, although if it were me I'd have made them more festive looking to fit the skin, same with the minotaur, I'd have swapped out the club for a something else like just a giant stone hammer or an axe or something.

But back to Mr. X. I'm gonna be honest, I think his popularity is a bit overblown by in large thanks to the RE2 Remake. They did a phenomenal job in taking what was an otherwise generic and forgettable character from the original game and successfully made him in to a piss your pants scary monstrosity. But I mean be honest, before the remake can you honestly say that Mr. X was at all memorable? Because to me when I look back at the old games I remember Nemesis crashing through the walls of the police station unexpectedly and scaring the ever living hell out of me as he then started chasing me down hallways.

That being said, if it happens and we get Mr. X as a skin then hey I'm happy for everyone who wanted it. But for me personally I just don't care for it. Mr. X is just a generic mindless tyrant and isn't really that interesting to me to really want him as a skin. Again that's just me though.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    Options

There's the tentacle, and then there's also the entire audio design and the animations. BHVR would have to change all of these things significantly to suit X, otherwise they would reduce him to an awkward cosmetic "costume" that exudes more a sense of lazy money-milking than actually doing that character and its source material justice.

Given that legendary cosmetics cost around 15-20 bucks, I already think it is lazy that they do not change animations, sounds, names or icons (the latter two things will apparently change in the future, however). For a chapter one pays around 7-12 bucks, and it includes wholly new characters with unique models, abilities, animations, sounds, perks. Legendary cosmetics should at the very least then slightly adjust those aforementioned things to suit their respective characters.

Maybe they will replace the tentacle with a belt strap for X or something, lol, but yeah, rather than a cosmetic I would hope that they will release an X "paragraph" DLC. They most likely won't, but not only would X as a cosmetic be kinda lame even if they don't just simply throw it over Nemesis awkwardly, but it would also mean BHVR's room to make Nemesis' ability set more interesting is more limited (though I already kinda suspect that they designed Nemesis as underwhelming as they did in order to be able to fit cosmetics on top of him more easily...).