@Devs if you're gonna hide swfs from lobby...

Options
akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Don't even show killers ever bring an offering and have killer map offerings always take priority over survivor map offerings. Survivors should not know if killers bring a mori or ever have map choice over the killer I also believe killers should be able to bring 2 nonstacking offerings.

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Malakir said:
    Vietfox said:

Killers shouldnt be able to see survivors profile/names.

Lol wat
    Yeah its the same thing provide other people know your entire build and the killer not be able to see profile/names of survivors. Totally the same thing
    (?)

Most people would like to see killer perks hidden post game, killers shouldn't be able to see survivors names so they don't dodge to cherry pick their lobby.

Hey let em check that profile, well they've got all the achievements so better dodge, I don't like them because they've got x achievement done so dodge etc.

I get the point but still not even close to the advantage of knowing perks compared to requeue issue
  • akbays35
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Malakir said:
    Vietfox said:

Lol wat
    Yeah its the same thing provide other people know your entire build and the killer not be able to see profile/names of survivors. Totally the same thing
    (?)

Most people would like to see killer perks hidden post game, killers shouldn't be able to see survivors names so they don't dodge to cherry pick their lobby.

Hey let em check that profile, well they've got all the achievements so better dodge, I don't like them because they've got x achievement done so dodge etc.

In all honesty the maps tilt me more harder than survivors. > @powerbats said:

@Malakir said:
    Vietfox said:

Lol wat
    (?)

I wish the devs would just have a kick survivor option in the lobby :/

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Malakir said:
    Vietfox said:
    Lol wat
    (?)
    Please gimme your drugdealer's phone number.
  • Malakir
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Malakir said:

Vietfox said:

Lol wat
    (?)

Lol you even steal my lines from other threads, cute

You are the one who won't make people be able to see other people profile making it at the same level of telling others the perks the killer is running so, yeah I think you are the one who uses some sort of drugs, good ones for sure!

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Malakir said:

@Vietfox said:
    Malakir said:

Vietfox said:

Lol wat
    (?)

Lol you even steal my lines from other threads, cute

You are the one who won't make people be able to see other people profile making it at the same level of telling others the perks the killer is running so, yeah I think you are the one who uses some sort of drugs, good ones for sure!

Are you seriously saying u were the first one to tell that joke? Good job mate, you are especial.
  • Malakir
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Peanits said:
    But if you ask me, it's high time some people just learn to play against them.

Um excuse me, how dare you suggest that I lost because of my own deficiencies. Every game I lose is because playing with friends is basically hacking and should be banned forever. As a mod you should understand this tyvm.

Tnh i'm fine to get swf but the system itself is flawed. For example, I wanna play a normal game on game X, we'll call it Paul. So we are playing Paul as 4 man group everyone have fun. Now I'm alone and I wanna go ranked, I can gather just one friend to do ranked together, the rest are randoms that can't coordinate like we do in normal. Tadaaaa

"yeah but no killer would play that" true, mmh lets give a lil buff on normals on them. Like a 5% movespeed or something that might balance out. Even just an additional objective like the one we had in the blight would be fine

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@akbays35 said:
    survivors get way too many advantages anyway, giving killers a bonus offering would pretty much allow us to get moris and map selection or bonus points in 2 categories or just tons of bp to make up for playing the killer role. My issue with swf isn't them being toxic, it's from them being good and coordinated and ending the game faster I hate waiting in lobby 15 minutes for a 3-4 minute gen rush and I'm not gonna just get noed/bloodwarden just because the devs won't balance objective time discrepancy .

I don't understand this mentality. I'm someone who refuses to dodge lobbies because I think SWFs are fun to play against.

And you stating that SWF is the reason that gens get done so quickly is so obtuse. When you play against solos they don't suddenly not do gens because they're on their own, they're likely to play the game just as is.

and another note, if you get looped an entire match by one survivor, that isn't an SWF issue thats a killer issue. If one person keeps your attention an entire match and the other three do gens it's got nothing to do with SWF.

I think it's getting silly now that everyone is blaming SWF when they aren't that much different from solo, except they kind of sort of know where the killer is, and when I play killer i've never really found that to be an issue.

Aren't that much different?

Perks like Bloodwarden and NOED are worthless against them.

Totems are pretty much worthless against them.

Then there's the fact that this is a time based games and SWF can co-ordinate everything letting them be much more efficient with their time thus giving them a huge advantage.

Just a small example - it's why exit gates are always immediately opened in SWF games. Because one tells their buddies the last gen is about to pop and then their friends will be stood right at the exit gates ready to start opening them immediately.

With solo it normally takes a little longer and not everyone is in position to run straight out of the gates.
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@Vietfox said:

even if you do that there are still ways of seeing peoples profiles through steam by going through viewing the people you met in the recent games tab. That wouldnt make much of a difference.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    P.S.: With upcoming changes to BT, a perk that breaks hooks, aura blocking lockers, and who knows what else favoring survivors, being a killer looks like it's going to start to suck.

This. As if it wasn't bad enough already.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Global said:

@Vietfox said:

even if you do that there are still ways of seeing peoples profiles through steam by going through viewing the people you met in the recent games tab. That wouldnt make much of a difference.

Well that only helps once you're in the game however, not in the lobby.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    SWFs aren't the problem! You just have to play about 12 hours a day to hone being a killer! Get good like me!
    eyeroll

Goddamn, really? People commenting to "git gud" that get to play the game a shitton more than most, and are probably running a huge arsenal, if not a full arsenal of perks telling people that likely don't have the hours, or perks that one of the hardest ways to play the game is fine?

I swear the way they talk, and offer nothing to help combat SWFs is BEYOND useless. Bragging don't help.

People that stream, have massive arsenals, lots of time to play, etc. are so far removed from the average player, and their problems. Period. That's it.
    They don't know anymore what it's like, and they normalize their experiences with everyone else' to the point that anyone that defies their "normal" looks crazy. The way they go on about liking the difficulty, never dodging, etc. that they look at people who don't enjoy the difficulty spike as anomalies. smh

It's like a millionaire telling an average person to just cut a check to get major car repairs done, or something.

P.S.: With upcoming changes to BT, a perk that breaks hooks, aura blocking lockers, and who knows what else favoring survivors, being a killer looks like it's going to start to suck.

Why do streamers literally playing the game as their fulltime job struggle so much against SWF then?
    How is a normal player supposed to compete?

Also, if you throw equally skilled survivors in a SWF against a killer, the SWF will always win if the skillvl is somehow "good" (few exceptions)

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

SWFs aren't the problem! You just have to play about 12 hours a day to hone being a killer! Get good like me!
    eyeroll

Goddamn, really? People commenting to "git gud" that get to play the game a shitton more than most, and are probably running a huge arsenal, if not a full arsenal of perks telling people that likely don't have the hours, or perks that one of the hardest ways to play the game is fine?

I swear the way they talk, and offer nothing to help combat SWFs is BEYOND useless. Bragging don't help.

People that stream, have massive arsenals, lots of time to play, etc. are so far removed from the average player, and their problems. Period. That's it.
    They don't know anymore what it's like, and they normalize their experiences with everyone else' to the point that anyone that defies their "normal" looks crazy. The way they go on about liking the difficulty, never dodging, etc. that they look at people who don't enjoy the difficulty spike as anomalies. smh

It's like a millionaire telling an average person to just cut a check to get major car repairs done, or something.

Even more then it already does..
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Peanits said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    eyeroll

I work two jobs and do volunteer work as a mod in my spare time. I'm lucky if I get to play a few hours a week, yet I still do just fine. Time is not the only factor there. You gotta' put in the effort to learn the little details of the game (which way to run tiles, how to predict the survivors' movement/actions, and other little tricks like moonwalking to hide your stain). That's not to say that playing a lot won't help, but you can do just fine even if you only play a couple hours a week.

If you don't put in the effort to get better, yes, absolutely you're going to lose to a good team. They practiced and learned the intricacies of the game and you didn't. By definition, they are better players in that case.

Avoiding good teams and not learning how to beat them is not the way to get better.

There's no shame in losing a match. I lose sometimes, no biggy. If they played well and I made mistakes, I shouldn't win. Balancing the game in a way where you can not play the game and not try to get better at it but still win against someone who does play the game and does try to get better at it is the definition of unbalanced. If I suck, I suck, I take my loss and derank to a rank more fitting to me.

(Not making any statements about you in particular, just a broad statement.)

I'm willing to bet that despite all of that your arsenal of perks beats mine. You're far better equipped to vs an SWF, I'm sure, so you're going to do better than someone who just started, or has less.
    That kinda taints how I see your point of view, which amounts to throwing less equipped, less experienced people to the wolves casually while thinking they are on par with you, or better. Aka normalising your experiences to everyone else's.

Killers starting out are basically going to have to turn it up to 11 to try and keep up with teams playing with power they shouldn't have.
    Meanwhile an SWF has fun far more easily because they have power they shouldn't have.
    We both know that SWF is harder in general. 
    Survivors at the rank range will be harder than solos in that range I'm sure.
    Even friends goofing off will turn the difficulty up and start using power the game wasn't balanced for if the killer seems like a threat. 

Then there is the fact that SWF is easier for the survivors, widening the gap in easy for them vs hard for the killer. I seriously do not find that fair. The game, again, is not balanced for it.
    It's the equivalent of you saying killers won't get better avoiding the good teams.
    A survivor won't get better relying on enhanced power in an SWF.
    When they play solo, it's likely going to be a ride awakening when they can't coordinate with a buddy to bail them out.
    Yet it's apparently perfectly ok for survivors to do it.

They're basically playing below where they should be at in terms of rank because their combined success, and power doesn't really factor in properly.
    It's like putting the game on normal difficulty, but the game ignores that and puts it on hard, or worse depending on how much the SWF wants to hold back.
    And that is going to start controlling your rank.

Blood point gains generally suffer against SWFs. Which hinders a killers ability to strengthen their arsenal. Having the tools to get better is pretty nice while getting better in general. 

In the end, while I agree that you can't win them all, I will not pretend there is no difference between losing against people playing as the game was intended vs people playing with unintended advantages. 
    It gets worse when you consistently have to deal with people playing with unintended advantages the game wasn't balanced for.
    SWF should not be the average difficulty of the game until the game is balanced for it.
    Considering the word from the PTB, and the new matchmaking, that won't be any time soon. Infact it will get worse.
    It's not even really matchmaking, imo. It doesn't factor in the power boost an SWF gets. 
    Post edited by Rebel_Raven on
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options
    They’ll never balance around SWF. That’s where a large bulk of their player base is. The game has been out for a couple years and they haven’t even blocked survivors from seeing the killers perks or addons in the post game screen. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Master said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    eyeroll

Why do streamers literally playing the game as their fulltime job struggle so much against SWF then?
    How is a normal player supposed to compete?

Also, if you throw equally skilled survivors in a SWF against a killer, the SWF will always win if the skillvl is somehow "good" (few exceptions)

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I agree with you. 

Swf is like steroids in sports. It gives an unnatural, unintended advantage to the survivors that the game is not balanced around.
  • akbays35
    Options

@Peanits said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    eyeroll

I work two jobs and do volunteer work as a mod in my spare time. I'm lucky if I get to play a few hours a week, yet I still do just fine. Time is not the only factor there. You gotta' put in the effort to learn the little details of the game (which way to run tiles, how to predict the survivors' movement/actions, and other little tricks like moonwalking to hide your stain). That's not to say that playing a lot won't help, but you can do just fine even if you only play a couple hours a week.

If you don't put in the effort to get better, yes, absolutely you're going to lose to a good team. They practiced and learned the intricacies of the game and you didn't. By definition, they are better players in that case.

Avoiding good teams and not learning how to beat them is not the way to get better.

There's no shame in losing a match. I lose sometimes, no biggy. If they played well and I made mistakes, I shouldn't win. Balancing the game in a way where you can not play the game and not try to get better at it but still win against someone who does play the game and does try to get better at it is the definition of unbalanced. If I suck, I suck, I take my loss and derank to a rank more fitting to me.

(Not making any statements about you in particular, just a broad statement.)

I just feel like there's way too much rng for a killer to be up against and there's really nothing a killer can stack things in his favor besides the offering system. I feel like especially if killers are used as hosts for the game, we need more incentives for playing and bonus bp offerings on top of map selection (or map bans for the love of god) can give us a greater qol especially since we can't control who is coming in our lobbies. The playerbase has dropped almost 13k since last month and I can blame new games coming out or people playing Civilization but I feel like Devs going back and forth on nerfing survivors and map spawns doesn't help. Give killers more Qol buffs like lobby control :/ double offerings, and possible map bans. I legit just want to dc anytime I get the Game map with only 5 hooks spawning on the whole map and all on one floor, I want to dc when I get freaking swamp maps and family residence cause you still can't see anything on those maps and the gens are always evenly spread.