Hex builds... Are they just noob traps??

Options
TGB
TGB Member Posts: 301

They are extremely inconsistent, for the obvious reason. Some games, Survivors don't handle the hexes well, and things feel really good.

But then, you get the games where you're suddenly perkless about 60 seconds into the game.

For me... I'm getting the feeling that hex builds only stomp unskilled players, but against good players, they're gonna be very lackluster maybe every time.

I get the concept that "it's another objective" for the Survivors, but the flaw in that is the same flaw in the game's current balance... There are FOUR Survivors and ONE Killer, and you can't be everywhere all at once. The most effective Survivor team is one that is spread out, taking care of things all across the map at once. And it feels like the hex totems don't stand a chance, except for those rare occasions where you get your most important totem spawned in some really tough-to-see spot. But that's about it.

TLDR:

Totemms seem way too inconsistent, due to both RNG and varying Survivor skill levels, to be worth risking the game on.

Thoughts??

Comments

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    edited June 2021
    Options

I like having one powerful totem when I'm not playing to win. It gives me more time to have fun with the chase.

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

It is stronger vs new players but everything is. The totems randomness mainly comes from their spawns some can be really dirty like in a wheelbarrow in the corner of the map only visible if they run into the corner without perks. Others are just vibing out in the open. I think their intended to also be defended constantly if I use them I tend to clear that area more frequently and if they find the totem they will be camped in order to get that devour going.