What would you do to make your main stronger in one patch note

Options

Comments

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252
    Options

Not my main, but I love playing michael. I think his tier 1 movement should be faster and you should be able to get out of tier one quicker and also be able to stalk survivors another 50% before they go red. games can take longer and if you hook after downs, you need more tier 3s. could be much like Oni and go away when you pick up. and based of what you didnt use, you are allowed to get that stalk back. or it stays at 70% or wherever you picked up.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341
    Options

I've always been an advocate that the stalking limit was stupid on people that are not the obsession. I understand why its there but I hate it.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

Demogorgon - Holding Mouse 2 while looking at a portal will allow you to destroy it

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Victor's successful pounce cooldown is two seconds instead of five. A missed pounce is still three seconds.

Victor can destroy breakable walls with crush immunity.

Lastly, either Victor's recall time is reduced to 10 seconds, OR Charlotte has no terror radius/red stain while Victor is latched on to a survivor (this is Blueberry's idea)

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

Pig: Since she has two powers I'm giving her a buff to each.

1. Increased FOV/higher perspective while crouched and combat straps basekit, with a replacement addon for additional crouching speed
    2. Rules Set No. 2 basekit and she just doesn't get a second iri addon

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 940
    Options

Dwight:

• Crows no longer land on your locker when you've been inside it too long (instead, they hop in with you)
    • Killers can no longer grab you out of a locker (instead, they are forced respect your privacy and wait for you to leave voluntarily)
    • Dwight now has Quick 'n' Quiet, Inner Strength and Head-on perks in his base kit
    • If in a locker for over 30 seconds, Dwight becomes capable of using whatever knives/hatchets he finds in the locker for the rest of the game
    • If in a locker for over 5 minutes, Dwight instead finds Nemesis missing Rocket Launcher and can use it with unlimited ammunition.

Also:

• Add some rocket-powered flip-flops for Dwight to use as a free cosmetic

These flip-flops should obvious allow you to use Sprint Burst on demand when used, and permanently burn/injure the killer if they're in close proximity when used.

---

These are just some modest ideas that I think are needed to improve the quality of life of Dwight players. I'm personally debating if the rocket launcher is too much, but it's important to remember that this game needs one and Dwight is the worthiest of recipients to use it.

Other than that, I don't see any issue with the above recommendations.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341
    Options

Yes yes yes I agree the rocket launcher should only be used by dwight. Now the real question can I kill the claudette hiding in the bush near my locker with the weapons I find in the locker?

• gazzy_g
    gazzy_g Member Posts: 28
    Options

The Shape

•Tier 1 speed increased to 4.6 m/s

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 940
    Options

That's a tough one, but I think the only fair answer is:

Yes, Dwight should be able to kill his teammates on a whim.

You might think I'm crazy, but you have to remember that these buffs, however slight, are still survivor-favored. Therefore, we have to even things out by enabling Dwights to kill their teammates so as to lower the overall efficiency of the team itself. This will benefit killers by giving them more time with generators.

If this change becomes too killer favored in the long run however, we can always let Dwight kill the killers later on too.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Huntress:

• Her lullaby temporarily disappears for 12 seconds each time a generator has been completed.

I don't know, that's the only thing I could think of.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

Mods swinging away with INSANE IDEAS!

lol but no I second this. I've had to stop playing legion because his power feels so bad to use.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Pig can now instadown survivors with her ambush attack.

You said buff them, you didn't say don't overbuff them.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,541
    Options

I'm a player of the game as well as bhvr employee, so I do have my opinions on certain things. But yeah this is what frustrates me the most whilst playing him.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Doctor: Madness hides the survivor HUD, and his Illusions now include hooking and hooked survivor illusions.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

This I basically only use both cooldown add ons because 4 seconds just feels brutal

• MongolPSR
    edited June 2021
    Options
  • Mandy
    Options

apologies!

I'm actually liking that the Legion players on this thread have pretty much agreed on fatigue tho.

• MongolPSR
    Options

It's what makes him not fun. Only other thing would be maybe up his movement speed in frenzy. When compared to a hit and run wraith now he just has so many drawbacks in comparision

• Mandy
    Options
  • CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options
  • Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Literally the best reply here. Dweet is a scared little bean and needs his alone time, so let him have it!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    Options

Bottle count for the Afterpiece Tonic and the Afterpiece Antidote are now separated.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Make it to where Oni can just run through dropped pallets to break them while in Blood Fury.

Not a huge change, but a definite catch-up to survivors if they drop pallets too early.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 951
    Options
    • No audio notification for demo traversing
    • Doctor becomes energized with the amount of people in tier 3 madness, slight haste increase per person, i'd say on par with play with your food.
    • Plague, cleansing reveals your aura for 10 seconds. With Nemesis released, maybe plague could have something similar to zombies, with infected Crows. Disturbing a crow infects you, if already infected, transition into sickness tier 2, if in tier 2, crow reveals your aura for 10 seconds and grants plague Corrupt purge.
  • Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

I dont really main them but I have an idea for ghostface.

They can now fly and throw instadown hatchets faster than trickster with no reload.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited June 2021
    Options

I don't main him, but...

Change to The Nightmare.

• Survivors who are awake do not see or hear The Nightmare.
    • Once targeted by The Nightmare's Power, Survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.
    • During the Dream Transition they can see The Nightmare intermittently.
    • During the Dream Transition, survivors suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.
    • When the Dream Transition has elapsed, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

Once in the Dream World:

• Survivors' Auras are revealed to The Nightmare whenever they are outside of his Terror Radius.
    • Survivors suffer an Action speed penalty of -40%.
    • To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find other non-sleeping Survivors to perform a Wake-up action.
    • Failed Skill Checks can wake up the Survivor.
    • Getting hooked wakes up the Survivor.

SPECIAL ABILITY: Dream Projection

Press and hold the Active Ability button to perform a Dream Projection and teleport to a Generator in view.

Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by a stack-able 20%.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    Options

I think a stack-able 20% would be a little bit better. I mean, since you have to manually pull survivors into the Dream World, I don't see a reason not to increase the reduction.

Otherwise, perfect concept!

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options
  • GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    Options

Glad to see that you agree :)

As long as the effects of Patch 1.8.1 do not apply (his first nerf), this is literally a perfect version of Freddy!

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    • Legion can disguise himself as survivors by hitting them in feral frenzy but is forced to keep sprinting
    • Legion can teleport to lockers on a cooldown that light up in yellow when survivors are within 24 meters (can be buffed with add-ons)
    • Legion has a tier meter that builds to tier 3 "Fatal Frenzy where he can down one person by hitting them twice and then resetting it."
    • Legion can see people's auras while they're mending
    • decreased frenzy fatigue to 3.0 seconds, can be decreased to 2.0 seconds with add-ons
    • Each successful hit with feral frenzy decreases your fatigue duration by 0.5 seconds, so 4 hits would be a 2 seconds fatigue duration.
    • Legion could have the other members walk around passively (like Nemesis's zombies)
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

Rulset No. 2 is now Basekit.

Done.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

-The key to unlock a Reverse Bear Trap will never be in the first box searched

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    Options

Yeah I just kinda wanted to propose some changes, given the spirit of the thread. But really Blight just doesn't need any of what I said.

In the video you showed, had you tried to slam into the wall on the right of the door instead of the wall on the left you would have hit it. That side of the wall has better collision. Honestly I think the biggest problem in shelter woods are the tree stumps with no collision. Those can actually screw you because their presence can create dead zones where there's nothing close to bump off of because the game decided to spawn those stumps.

Overall I like slippery shack for the most part, and I don't trust the devs to fix collisions and no make everything have a way bigger collision than you'd expect, making it so that Blight can't navigate anywhere.

I mostly play without addons, cuz I honestly kinda hate the addon system and what it does to killers' powers, but fair enough alchemist ring is a bit busted.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

You know what, I'll accept this.

Is it silly and dumb? Yes.

Is it balanced? Pfff!

... Totally balanced.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Trapper - Starts with 3 bear traps, no bag addons required.

Oni - Yellow and Brown versions of scalped top knot.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,216
    Options

The buff he needed.

He need QoL improved, not increasing the number. Start with 3 traps (equal to Yellow bag) can make it so easy to do 3 Gen strats.

I would have him:

• Start with 1, able to carry 2 (so the Brown bag isnt redundant)
    • Traps spawn 30m away from the map boundary (so you can save 15sec per trap collecting)
    • Put skill check while Disarming trap, skill check zone affected by Unnerving Presence. Failing will get trapped.
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Rework the maps.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hey that's actually not a bad idea, what if the survivor that fails the skill check gets their hand trapped, gets injured, and gets the Incapacitated status effect?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,216
    Options

Get trapped mean he cant do anything anyway.

Disarming skill check should be easy, can only get harder with Unnerving presence and Coil add-on (instead of longer to disarm, make skill check smaller)

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

I agree with this! This would make main event a much more viable and needed thing for him. I want him to be ridiculously cocky, so having that tumble would also be great.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Bubba my main feels really good in my eyes. Love em, Nemesis is too new so I can't decide. Deathslinger feels pretty neat as well.

So let's go with Trapper.

Trapper: Bear traps now have a quick time Event to leave, but no greats, just like hook struggling, or snap out of it. You get skills checks that pop up, neglecting these checks INSTANTLY drop the bar down to zero.

It's still a chance as well to escape, so not guaranteed. It might be too strong, but I think it would be a nice buff for him

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options

I was gonna do a Doc change, but i just came to the realization that im a Wraith main now... so i'll do both

Doc: Basic Attacks apply half a madness tier.

Wraith: Green Shadow Dance basekit.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

Extend the demogorgon's shred by 3 meters, that or make it so that you can take a portal back without survs having to break it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Legion.

Survivors in deep wounds also suffer from the oblivious status effect.

Change addons

Franks mixtape: removes any sound from cancelling frenzy

Makes mending less boring as you actually have to pay attention and will let survivors think twice about mending instantly instead of running to a safe place first

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Oni: camera bug fixed (after almost 1.5 years...)

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

That's fair enough, didn't mean to be a party pooper. You're probably right but I personally think it's kind of dumb that sometimes, walls just don't exist according to the bump collision. I think it's mainly annoying for me because the game clearly recognizes there is an object or wall (He slides off it rather then just phasing through it) but the game just decides '######### you, man. You ain't bumping off that wall, lol'. I do understand though that if they made a huge fix to his collision then it might make some maps more bearable, but would likely make indoor maps like Hawkins a nightmare. Not really sure what the correct answer here is. Unfortunately, the Developers clearly never intended for a Killer like Blight to be added to the game as evidenced by how indoor maps were designed. I'm happy to agree to disagree on this. At the end of the day, we both want what's best for the human pinball.

I'm the same, I prefer to just play a Killer's base-kit (Unless they're a killer who really needs add-ons to be good e.g. Trapper). Besides, I don't really like add-ons that kinda mess with muscle memory i.e. Speed add-ons. However, I've seen some good Blights use ring and 9/10 it's a slaughter, lol.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    Options

Apparently the spatial hitbox for objects is different than the hitbox the object has to detect when a killer is hitting them, which is the one Blight uses to detect his slides. I think it's silly.

Honestly, I think Blight was alright having his own hit detection separate from the basic attack hit detection... But the devs decided to just scrap that and use basic attack detection, thinking that would solve all problems...little did they know basic attack hitboxes on objects are just as busted as Blight's old hitboxes used to be XD

Either way, it does indeed seem they never expected a killer like Blight in the game. Hopefully he just gets better to play overtime.

I absolutely detest addons that buff a killer's power. Addon's that change how they work are interesting. Addons that buff the killer's power are just cancer. Cuz then they make the killer's power less interesting and more lackluster compared to using addons. Like...using Ghostface without recharge addons is painful, and using Deathslinger without reload addons is annoying...it just makes you use your power less.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Ace Visconti

• Open-Handed received buff
      • Aura readings now linger for 3/4/5 seconds
    • Up The Ante received number tweaking
      • Luck increases by 3/4/5 for each survivor

Luck

• Luck has received some new buffs in hopes of making it actually useful
      • Luck has a chance to make great and good skill checks give more bonus (i.e. if hit a great skill check, instead of 1% progress, it could be a 2% to 3% progress bonus)
      • Luck has a chance to not make you alert crows
      • Luck has a chance to temporarily remove your scratch marks and/or blood trails (only for like 5 seconds at most)
      • Luck gives you a more better chance to self-unhook than it previously did
      • Luck is more likely to get you a date with that special person you have a crush on

I probably over buffed Luck, but Idk.