What would you do to make your main stronger in one patch note

Let me explain you have one change to make to your character. That change can be anything relating to their powers. However you cannot up their base movement speed, you cannot make them instadown with an M1, and you cannot change their TR or lullaby if they have them. So essentially no changing base kit things that do not relate to the power. And do try to be creative it makes for a better post ;)

Mine would go like this The doctor no longer slows down when he uses shock therapy. I feel this change would definitely buff him but in exchange make him a bit more brain dead

The only other thing I would do if not the movement speed would be to up how long survivors cant use things for after they get shocked with shock therapy to 3 seconds ( or 4 if Im feeling cheeky )

So lemme hear your changes and remember do make them creative.

Comments

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

Hey thats fair I love piggy but that crouch is a bit of a pain to use in chase yeah this definitely is either a needed change or something akin to it. It'll move her out of d tier

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778
    edited June 2021

I have three possible changes to Blight:

-When Blight slams against an object he emits a faint cloud of yellow gas within 3 meters that hinders survivors for 2 seconds. So basically a very tame version of one of the effects of Compound 33. I think this would make him insane around loops, and would prevent survivors from just getting up in his face to try and dodge him...in my eyes that's basically abusing the fact that the FoV is terrible.

-Blight gains an additional 1m/s speed up per rush. This is a tame version of the Blighted Rat/Crow addon. Those addons should be nerfed to compensate, BUT it makes it so that there is a risk/reward system for using more tokens.

-Blight's power cooldown when ending a rush or after a hit now starts recharging during the injection animation instead of after the animation. This is basically normalizing it with the pallet break animation which does have the ability recharge during the injection. Relatively minor but would allow Blight to use his power more often.

Do any of those to Blight and you don't really make him easier to play necessarily, but you do make him way stronger, which he doesn't really need realistically, to be fair.

Edit: I wrote "fair cloud" instead of "faint cloud"

• PureDoctorMain

These are the kind of changes I like to see creative and effective I really like the 2nd and the 3rd ones the 1st I don't get a whole lot but then again I don't main blight so I don't know how effective that'd be. Now that I think about it I should play more blight.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Freddy.

Active gens will seem red, repaired gens will seem blue. And now Freddy can teleport any generator.

And Freddy S tier now :) I know that will not happen but that would be so fun.

• PureDoctorMain

Hey that's what this post is all about what do you wanna see and I like this a lot I always thought it was stupid he couldn't teleport to active gens. But it makes sense game wise nothing can interact with them. But freddy so would be able to teleport to any gen and the gates so this is something that would be really cool.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Yes and then we will see million posts of "Nerf Freddy" 😂

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Myers can teleport to lockers.

• NekoTorvic

The first one is my favorite. If a survivor get's slowed for two seconds if they're within 3 meters of the place you slammed, it would prevent them from rounding corners or making it to pallets or vaults. Extremely useful if you know how to flick around medium sized objects or around tables. Also it makes sense that when Blight slams at full speed against something he just gets squished up and spews out filthy yellow gas XD.

Everyone should play more Blight. playing killer in DBD needs to become pinball simulator lol XD Honestly though, Blight has been the best thing they've added to this game imo. I wish he had an original map.

• PureDoctorMain

Ah I see that would be pretty cool just kind of making it easier to punish survivors who do the minimum or just try and juke with a 180 I see and I like it.

I can agree that blights power is the most fun to use. I feel like a ping pong ball and it really does feel like your running around at the speed of sound its fun.

I also would like to see a blight map maybe like an alchemist lab or that place from the lore of felix or was it elodie that had it. either way those would have been cool.

• NekoTorvic

It depends. Slippery shack is literally the best thing for Blight. It makes him SO much more lethal around shack.

There's also a lot of slippery objects that are useful, but then there's others that are bad. Most of the time objects having too big hitboxes are worse than objects being slippery... I honestly just don't trust them to be able to do his collisions right so that they dont destroy him.

• PureDoctorMain

If thats truly all you want I say crank it on up give him, now listen and try not to faint, 2 seconds *drops mic*.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Pig is not D-Tier. I would also love to crouch like Ghosty but my change would be that all boxes are invisible/in the ground until a survivor gets a helmet. Once the first survivor gets the helmet the boxes rise up from the ground or are no longer invisible. I hate the fact they no its Pig soon as they spawn in and are watching for a crouching Pig. Same as Plague fountains.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Fat boi clown gets one extra bottle and purple gas gives like 5 secs of exhaustion

• NekoTorvic

I second the demo pet motion. We need this in the game. Literally stop the development of the RE chapter right now to patch this in.

• PureDoctorMain

Yeah that is really annoying I wish it was like that for everything like that. The clocks on the survivors faces don't show up until someone is asleep for Freddy, boxes and fountains are hidden for Pig and Plague until someone either gets a helmet or infected etc etc. It really does kill a killers surprise which can be enough for a down in some cases.

• PureDoctorMain

I third the pet Demo motion. Also a boop for Pig's snoot.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Trickster: Once charged, Main Event can be activated whenever instead of only a 5s window.

While Main Event is active, Holding M1 will make Trickster throw slower but throw 3 knives at a time in a fan pattern.

One time per Main Even, hitting M2 will make Trickster do a somersault that is essentially a 5ish meter dash.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

That's another. Freddy but not sure what they can do about that one I mean do they really need to know they about to fall asleep anymore?

• NekoTorvic

Make it so that if every survivor pets the Demogorgon, he gets an animation like a mori...but a petting mori, where all survivors pet the Demo at the same time. If that happens everyone gets 50k bloodpoints and the game ends with everyone double pipping.

• PureDoctorMain

These are pretty cool absolutely love the idea of the Trickster somersaulting at me.

I should have added in the post that only Trickster gets a movement speed boost since I feel bad for the guy.

• PureDoctorMain

Well what I was thinking was the clock on the faces is unnecessary I mean the world literally goes gray I think I know Im asleep.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If you do a full cloak/uncloak with a Survivor is very close to you (within 0.5 or 1 meter(s)), it causes the Deafening Status Effect.

I'm only half-kidding with this one: I don't care for it being a thing, but i wonder if it could be any good. 🤔

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

The Executioner

• Length of POTD increased by 2.5m (up to 10.5m)
    • Travel speed of POTD increased to one segment every 0.022s (down from 0.033s)
    • Width of POTD increased to 2.5m
    • Cages of Atonement now count as hooks
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Plague now spawns her corrupt fountain in the centre of the map.

• PureDoctorMain

This would in fact be cool. It makes bing bong so much cooler and the people who already hate it well we'll see how much you hate it AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN DEBUFFED AND INJURED HAHAHAHAHAHA. ( How do you like my evil villain voice pretty good no)

But really what would the status do that is really makes it op or underwhelming.

• PureDoctorMain

You went all in on this one didn't ya.

This is by far the most detailed one i've seen and I won't lie as a professional stupid I don't know what it means or how well it'd change my friend with the triangle head. So if this is not a joke to make fun of me and my fellow graduates from Stupid University please tell me what it means.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2021

The Trapper

• The Trapper can now arm traps while walking before setting them - To arm traps you now prep them and release the power button to gently toss them in front of you (Animation is Trapper using forearms to open the trap and then tossing it down with one hand at his feet - The idea is there was enough forward momentum that all the force isn't applied straight down and instead the trap gently slides into location)
    • Press the alternative power button to respawn unarmed traps farther than 40 meters from you within your area - Cooldown of 60 seconds (Starts on cooldown)
    • The Trapper now starts with two Traps and always has a default capacity of three.

The Doctor

• The Doctor can now force survivors to see manifestations of other survivors during Madness.
      • Hallucinations can be a survivor hiding when a terror radius is nearby, working on a generator with open spots or cleansing a totem.
      • Hallucinations of The Doctor now have AI that will run at survivors from a distance as if it was the real Doctor initiating a chase

The Trickster

• Main Event can now be held for a full minute before activation expires
    • Main Event can now be toggled between two firing modes - Focused Fire and Spread
      • Focused Fire retains the max throwing knife speed while removing spread and recoil entirely
      • Spread slightly lowers the fire rate that throwing knives have in exchange for The Trickster to be able to throw five knives at once at the target area - All knives that hit the target apply even while in spread.
    • The Trickster can charge up a single knife throw in order to do more stacks of damage by throwing the knife more accurately and at a higher projectile speed.

The Legion

• Feral Frenzy fatigue scales with the amount of survivors stabbed during Frenzy
    • Each consecutive stab during Feral Frenzy grants bonus movement speed
      • 0 Stabs - 2 second fatigue (No added Frenzy movement speed)
      • 1 Stab - 2.5 second fatigue (2% added Frenzy movement speed)
      • 2 Stabs - 3 second fatigue (4% added Frenzy movement speed)
      • 3 Stabs - 3.5 second fatigue (6% added Frenzy movement speed)
      • 4+ Stabs - 4 second fatigue (8% added Frenzy movement speed)

The Hillbilly

• The Hillbilly can now continue chainsaw sprinting through pallets by default (LoPro Chains (Old) are now basekit) The tooltip for The Hillbilly's power has been adjusted to reflect this.
    • LoPro chains (New) - Allows the Hillbilly to vault windows while Chainsaw Sprinting (Visible animation of Hillbilly leaping through window)
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

Okay so:

Length of POTD increased by 2.5m (up to 10.5m)

This is how far it reaches- effectively this makes the green and yellow range add-ons basekit. Makes it more versatile as you can hit more.

Travel speed of POTD increased to one segment every 0.022s (down from 0.033s)

So this would effect how quickly the power travels- as I'm sure you've seen his power moves in small segments, instead of one at a time. This would make his power move a lot quicker, so harder to dodge.

Width of POTD increased to 2.5m

Makes his power thiccer, harder to dodge.

Cages of Atonement now count as hooks

Kinda a 50/50. You'd get BBQ and PGTW from caging, but survivors would also get DS. So while you can't tunnel out of a cage, you still bypass the pickup process and still technically can tunnel off hook.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

The Doctor

• The Doctor's Hallucinations can now move and attack survivors (like Zombie's A.I.)

Known Bugs

• The Doctor's Hallucinations injure survivors
  • Dustin

Unmentioned Bug - Bubba actually got the hallucinations and they facecamp survivors for you.

On a related note the known bugs was a nice touch. Got a good laugh from it.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Honestly I don't think Trickster needs to be 115% move speed. His base kit feels quite solid to me. Main event though? Kinda underwhelming.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Honestly, as you said yourself, Blight doesn't really need any of these. The third idea would be nice for QOL I guess but it's mostly unnecessary. At most, his recharge takes 10 seconds which is honestly nothing when you consider that he is tremendously faster then the Survivors whilst rushing.

In my opinion, all the Devs have to do is iron out his collision and nerf alchemist ring in some way. Whilst slippery tiles i.e. Shack do enable hits that normally wouldn't be possible, they also regularly rob hits. I've been in many situations where Shack being slippery made it impossible to use my power as there may be nothing else to bump off of. This is an issue most prevalent on the farm maps where there is usually nothing to bump off of next to Shack. Indeed, even when there is something which could seemingly be bumped off of, the Blight sometimes just slides off it instead.

I sincerely doubt that they would add new environmental objects to each map where this is a problem, just for Blight. Especially since, whilst possibly only minor, it could be an indirect nerf to killers like Huntress, demo etc. As such, I wouldn't be opposed to the Devs revisiting how his collision works again.

I think alchemist ring needs a nerf because just negating the power recharge mechanic entirely on a successful hit is stupid. Good Blights become god-like Blights with this add-on because there is essentially zero means to escape. He's way faster then you as a Survivor so you can't make any distance. If the Blight is good then all the Survivor will get to make distance is the mere 3 seconds of successful hit cooldown. After which, they will be swiftly on your ass in mere seconds. Especially if they've paired ring with blighted crow. Furthermore, if the Blight player has mastered when to flick and when to simply use good bump logic (as good ol' Ascension put it) then they'll be able to hit you at almost every tile in the game. So you can't make any distance because they can immediately use his power again, and you can't loop them at most tiles because they know when to flick and when to use simple bump logic. It doesn't help that it kinda makes the token management system less important as there's no real penalty to using all 5 rush tokens to get the hit as you'll just immediately get them back. Overall, ring is completely busted in my opinion and desperately needs some kind of change.

• Dustin

If we're talking serious changes realistically Blight's collision while sprinting would be the only thing I would change and your video is a perfect example of this issue. It happens way too much it's actually frustrating.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Removing the lose half of your power gauge on m1 for legion that ######### is so debilitating for the power if you ask me

• PureDoctorMain
    edited June 2021

Yeah he needs it and main event needs a change imo It needs to better for how much it needs to activate.

Misread your post why does he not need it? I suck at trickster but with what I have played of him he feels horrible

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248

Bubba.

When hooking a survivor on death hook, you get an additional animation of taking their face. Then, you get a small buff, depending on who's face you're wearing. Maybe something like Claudette's face would make healing noises louder for you, something based on what the survivor specializes in.

Obviously, this would be way out of scope because of the work it would require, but it would be pretty fun.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Hag doesn't need a buff at all, but if I could give her one I'd rework her useless add-ons

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Amanda just needs to stand up and down quicker,and move faster in crouch,the ambush is really weak.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

The recovery time on Executioner's shockwave attack has been halved on missed attacks

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Give Clown back his exhaustion addon like you know Huntress still has.