Blood Pact Buff Idea

Options
VenomousHawk86
VenomousHawk86 Member Posts: 50
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Blood Pact has the following effects

1. You are less likely to be the obsession.
  2. If you or the obsession are injured during the match you can see each other's auras.
  3. If either you or the obsession heal each other you both gain a 7% haste status effect until you move more than 16 meters away from each.

This perk wants to enable two survivors to group up and then stay together, but doesn't really address the sub-optimal part of that strategy, splitting up one gens is generally better than stacking up on the same.

I think they should add a 7% action speed bonus that affects everything like how resilience does, that sticks around so long as the survivors are within that 16 meter range. With this change the perk mitigates the penalty for stacking on a gen together which is the number 1 thing two survivors are going to do after healing each other whilst being conditional enough that it's unlikely it'll blow gen speeds up.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Blood Pact is fine. It doesn’t need a buff. It’s not suboptimal working together if you make chases harder for the killer with the haste status.

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137
    Options

I agree, I would love to see my prey use other perks besides bt, unbreakable, ds, adrenaline, dead hard, spine chill, self-care, Iron-Will and sprint burst.

I'm glad lucky break got a buff that makes stealth relevant, and I had some ideas for Ace's perks as well, I just want to see more variety, it gets boring playing against the same perks nearly every competitive game.

• VenomousHawk86
    Options

It doesn't make it harder for the killer to chase you in the vast majority of cases. Even in ones that do if you are sticking 16 meters together during a chase that just means the killer is bothering two survivors at the very least. The only situation where that could help out is if you have a long open space for you both run in a straight line away from a killer that doesn't have a means to close the gap or a ranged attack, even then you'd eventually run out of map and need to find a loop which you can't really share with each other.

• VenomousHawk86
    Options

@EQWashu

Why did you edit my post?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    Options

I like this. Blood Pact is a perk that encourages sticking together, which is why I love it. It's basically a 2-player scenario in DBD. This buff does the concept well.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    Options
  • Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766
    Options

I'm surprised there hasn't been that one guy who says that SWFs would abuse this by stacking it with Prove Thyself, Resilience, BNP, and other gen perks.

Question, does that 7% boost affect both survivors or just one survivor?

• Saltjar34
    Options

You do realize that the problem is actually with sticking together, right? Bubba, Oni, Plague, and Legion will have a field day with perks like this. It's the reason why Streetwise and Vigil need buffs because sticking together is generally a bad idea

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Options

Problem with this is everyone running the buff, everyone gets a 7% buff to working in gens which is the last thing we need rn for swfs

• Saltjar34
    Options

Based on @Soulpaw 's suggestion, I would suggest having the boost only affect the obsession and have it not stack. That way the only reason to run multiple instances of it is in case the obsession doesn't stick with you

Also hey, I found the guy who claimed that this buff will be abused by SWF

• VenomousHawk86
    Options

It's not over bearing

One character can run prove thyself and grant 15% to another survivor they are grouped up with at any time.

My Blood Pact idea grants 14% only if two survivors, one being the obsession, heal each other, and then start a gen

Prove thyself isn't ruining everyone's games as is and it is way more consistent in performance and more effective. Also if a swf stacked my blood pact idea with prove thyself sure they do gens faster but that's less perk slots for unbreakable, self care, sprint burst, balanced landing, decisive strike, soul guard, kindred, borrowed time etc. which are all perks that can buy time for other survivors to do generators.

Perks need to be powerful especially if they want you to play in a typically sub-optimal way like blood pact.

• Saltjar34
    Options

Did you know that there was a time when Leader also affected repair speed? Yeah that wasn't fun. The only thing stronger than second chance perks are perks that increase repair speed.

Every once in a while I would find threads asking for nerfs on Prove Thyself despite it being mostly bad. That's how bad repair speed perks were

• VenomousHawk86
    Options

Yes I was around when leader affected repair speed, generators also didn't incur any diminishing returns based on the amount of survivors repairing a generator in that day.

Prove Thyself is fine as it is, it helps repair gens faster when two survivors are grouped up on a generator. Just like how every second chance perk buys more time for other survivors to do generators. The point of my suggested change is to make blood pact a more desiring option, if you pull it off the perk works out to be a prove thyself + some aura reading. But prove thyself still works out the gate without needing to heal first. and if you Stack them together? alright that's minimum 3 of the survivors perks to do that, and then also play grouped up which has it's own downsides.

• Saltjar34
    Options

The best way to know how powerful a perk is, is to see the most effective usage of it :

2-man SWF, both with purple toolboxes and BNPs (Obviously)

Their builds

Blood Pact

Prove Thyself

For The People

Resilience (Or We'll Make It)

The problem with your idea is that it doesn't stack with Resilience since after all, you're trying to find opportunities to heal your teammate as often as possible. We'll Make It helps since unhooked survivors are always injured. However, you can use For the People to purposefully injure yourself for an insta heal and to proc Resilience (Bonus points if neither you or your teammate is the obsession).

So there you have it. Insta heal and repair speed that stacks with Resilience. That's the most broken scenario I can think of. 2-Man SWF has never been more viable

• VenomousHawk86
    Options

The purple tool boxes and BNPs are a different issue then balancing these perks.

Alright, you invest your entire builds to pull this off, possibly giving up a health state aswell. and you get a situation where the killer doesn't intervene like trying to punish healing under hook and lets say you pick up your duo q mate from the ground so your both injured and on resilience. You can both hop on a gen and combined between the two of you you do 2.35~ charges per second or 34.1~ seconds from start to finish down from 47~ seconds for 2 survivors with no perks on a gen.

Frankly if you pull all that off, i think you deserve those 13~ seconds you saved. Especially since you don't have any exhaustion perks, slugging perks, or second chance perks (besides for the people but that actually has a downside to using it compared to others). That can extend a game and buy more time for generators to be finished.

Yes a swf can take advantage of this more thoroughly then solo queues, swfs are more efficient at everything then solo queues its a seperate issue. The point of my buff idea is to create more perk variety for more diverese ways of play, since perks need to good, not mediocre, to be consideered by alot of players.