Queue Times are Out of Hand

Options

With 53k concurrent players (just on Steam when I checked right now) and neither survivor nor killer queues anywhere close to reasonable compared to other matchmaking games, what's going on? Is there a server bottleneck that's preventing more games from being started up? It's really a deterrent to getting new players to join in.

Comments

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

Honestly a BP bonus could be granted if one side becomes over saturated would do wonders to queue times.

So the way that I'd see it working is when there's high queue for survivors then games as killer would offer 50 percent more bloodpoints and vice versa for survivor.

• Gorehoff
    Gorehoff Member Posts: 7
    Options

I definitely agree, more incentives are better, and I think they may already use daily challenges to do this, though not as effectively as what you suggested. If that were the only problem though, I wouldn't see long queue times on both sides. That's the problem that logically shouldn't be happening unless there's some bottleneck happening other than just not enough of one side queuing up.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

They mentioned that idea during the 5th anniversary stream and they said that they will encourage people to play other side if needed at that time and mentioned that they will give some bonus for that. I think it is needed and it is a late decision but I hope with new RE update we will see that.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

Right now my killer matches are instant and I'm only playing them because it's 10+ mins to try and get a survivor match.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

Its the killer/survivor ratio, there's very few players who want to play killer, that's why survivor queue times are longer than killer.

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101
    Options

yeah killer queue times are great, a good portion of the reason i rarely play survivor now that spacebar mash is gone.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

The only problem I could foresee with a system like this is that it would have to monitor a lot of different populations at once. While we like to talk about how many players are concurrently playing, some of them are only playing with their own console. All of those populations would need to be monitored independently because what may be right for most people may not be good for other groups.