General misconceptions about Freddy

Options

I know that Freddy is one of the weaker killers in the game but honestly I don't think he is the worst killer there is.
Add-ons, playstyle and experience can make him a decent a killer. I reached rank 1 playing Freddy only and I know this doesn't make him great but being able to win enough games makes him good enough for me.
A lot of people complain about his ability and I agree the transition time is quite long but there are add-ons to reduce it and you have to take into consideration that Freddy can get extremely near to survivors without them noticing where he is actually coming from. His chase isn't as great as Nurse or Spirit but he got other strenghts. I would rate Freddy a mid-tier killer with the right add-ons and some experience.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Marvel said:
    and I agree the transition time is quite long but there are add-ons to reduce it

sigh
    I don't disagree with most points actually.
    But when your Killer makes you wait so long with killing at base power, i personally believe that's just wrong.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Options

I want his changes to go something like this:
    He starts to put you to sleep, during that time he can harm you, but when you're fully a sleep and in the dream realm, you're exposed. It should take about 20-30 seconds or so for the transition.
    You cannot be woken up before entering the dream realm, but you can obviously get woken up after that.
    Syringe wakes you up as well.

I don't know, I'm trying to find a balance here.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Adrenaline shouldnt wake you up, Wake Up should. >_>

• ReneAensland
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    Adrenaline shouldnt wake you up, Wake Up should. >_>

But hey! Adrenaline does wake you up in real life.

• Marvel
    Marvel Member Posts: 149
    Options

Yea it actually does :D

• itsDorkMagic
    itsDorkMagic Member Posts: 13
    Options

Freddy is better than most of the community believes, and he isn't the bottom tier killer in the game. He got a bad rap because he already wasn't top tier when they released him, and then they nerfed him pretty hard less than a week later due to survivor review bombs. He has to be played with a bit more nuance than most of the other killers. I personally find him really fun in his current state, but I understand why most players don't like him and think he is bad.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,429
    Options

No one said he wasn't playable, just that on average you're gonna have a bad time unless the survivors just play dumb.

• Marvel
    Options

Right, honestly I think he could be stronger if they would add additional effects to the number of survivors that are currently in the dream world, so it is worth it to get them all in. To this day he is my favorite killer and I think his bad reputation and non understanding of his kit/add-on makes him "bad". When I see some streamers play him and they win they seem quite suprised where others know he is not the greatest but can make him work. Good thing about this game is that all killers are somewhat viable and can give you a 50%+ winrate with enough practice and experience :0)

• Boss
    Options

I wish slicing an awake Survivor would have the same effect as holding M2 on them: Which is putting them into the Dream Transition.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Marvel said:
    I know that Freddy is one of the weaker killers in the game but honestly I don't think he is the worst killer there is.
    Add-ons, playstyle and experience can make him a decent a killer. I reached rank 1 playing Freddy only and I know this doesn't make him great but being able to win enough games makes him good enough for me.
    A lot of people complain about his ability and I agree the transition time is quite long but there are add-ons to reduce it and you have to take into consideration that Freddy can get extremely near to survivors without them noticing where he is actually coming from. His chase isn't as great as Nurse or Spirit but he got other strenghts. I would rate Freddy a mid-tier killer with the right add-ons and some experience.

Everyone can reach rank 1 thanks to the ridiculously easy emblem system.

And yes, with the very best addons you can do sth with him, but you cant afford them every game. IMO freddy is the weakest killer in the game (so far)

• Boss
    Options

Lol @ Black Box btw.

• Marvel
    Options

@Boss said:
    Lol @ Black Box btw.

Black Box + Dying Light + Remember me (+ NOED) though =P

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Any killer can be decent with the right addons. Try comparing them without the addons. Survivors will instantly break out of the dream world. Killer should not depend on his best addons to have a chance of winning.

• Marvel
    Options

Okay, but in what game does anyone ever play a killer without add-ons especially if they main the killer ^^''

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@Boss said:
    Lol @ Black Box btw.

Black box can work out pretty good with dying light and ivory mori, if you are lucky enough to reach the survivor before he wakes up.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2018
    Options

As a Rank 1 Freddy player.... playing only with blood points farming perks. 5 4K in a row today, Im very pleased.
    I can't wait until the Devs ''buff'' him, I'll be unstoppable!

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@Marvel said:

If freddy isn't the weakest killer I wonder who it is.
    What killer is worse than a killer that can be deny picking up a survivor because another one is healing him under their nose?
    What killer is worse than a killer that find a survivor breaking his totem and has to wait will the survivor break it in his face because he can't do anything about it?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

What killer is worse than a killer that can be deny picking up a survivor because another one is healing him under their nose?
    What killer is worse than a killer that find a survivor breaking his totem and has to wait will the survivor break it in his face because he can't do anything about it?

Before the exhaustion changes, playing survivor was really easy. Some people can disagree with this but it is almost like a fact.
    Back in the day, almost everybody was able to loop good enough to not be stealthy. Even if they made a mistake, they would get their sprint burst and go to the barn or something.
    After the pallet vacuum removal, exhaustion nerfs, main building nerfs, window vault nerfs, loops become more and more dangerous and some survivors switch to the stealthy mode.
    Freddy might be the best killer against stealth, even better than the doc. This is why he is not as terrible as he used to be. When you put the stealthy survivors to sleep, they start to waste too many pallets and don't leave anything for the good survivors. If he can also put other survivors to sleep and waste a good amount of pallets, there is not much thing to do against him.
    This is why he is not as bad as people think he is.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

Before the exhaustion changes, playing survivor was really easy. Some people can disagree with this but it is almost like a fact.
    Back in the day, almost everybody was able to loop good enough to not be stealthy. Even if they made a mistake, they would get their sprint burst and go to the barn or something.
    After the pallet vacuum removal, exhaustion nerfs, main building nerfs, window vault nerfs, loops become more and more dangerous and some survivors switch to the stealthy mode.
    Freddy might be the best killer against stealth, even better than the doc. This is why he is not as terrible as he used to be. When you put the stealthy survivors to sleep, they start to waste too many pallets and don't leave anything for the good survivors. If he can also put other survivors to sleep and waste a good amount of pallets, there is not much thing to do against him.

That wasn't the question.

WHO is worse than freddy?

• Delfador
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

Pig

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

Pig

yea pig is ass

• ReneAensland
    Options

@Global said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

Pig

yea pig is ass

I beg to differ.

• Delfador
    Options

@ReneAensland said:

@Global said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

Pig

yea pig is ass

I beg to differ.

Crouch most of the time doesn't accomplish anything. Survivors don't need to be even skillful to not get hit by her ambush. They just need to pay attention more.
    Most of the time you spawn right next her boxes. It immediately reveals the killer.
    Her RNG is just too unreliable, Freddy's dream world is much easier to accomplish and overall, wastes more time.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that you can't do well with the pig. I feel like she is the weakest killer compared with others. I am not sure leatherface's place too and personally I play with Freddy better than I do with leatherface and pig.
    Tier lists are not definite anyway. It all comes down to personal preferences imo.

• G0odNess
    G0odNess Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Marvel said:

It's not that he can't get 4k, or that he cant do fine, of course every killer can, the deal is that his toolkit is inferior that that of every other killer and that there are instances where it just literally hurts freddy instead of providing hit with a benefit. He's not a zero to the left, but he is like a 5 on a 1-10 scale.

• Boss
    Options

@Marvel said:

@Boss said:
    Lol @ Black Box btw.

Black Box + Dying Light + Remember me (+ NOED) though =P

@HellDescent said:

@Boss said:
    Lol @ Black Box btw.

Black box can work out pretty good with dying light and ivory mori, if you are lucky enough to reach the survivor before he wakes up.

A power being better in 1 way than others is fine.
    A power being only good in 1 way is not fine.
    At least that's how i see it.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    How to make Freddy good: Literally have the sleep transition interrupt actions.
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@ReneAensland said:

@Global said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Delfador said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Marvel said:

Pig

yea pig is ass

I beg to differ.

Maybe ass was to much of a hyperbole of her power. She isnt "ass" but when compared to freddy i would rather play freddy. His power in my opinion can slow the game down better and helps you track people faster.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Freddy is no where near as bad as people make him out to be. Everyone just over exaggerates about him. He’s much better than say the cannibal or wraith if you look at the base power. 
  • branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm only mid level survivor and in my games, freddy makes other survivors forget how to play the game and panic. Probably at higher level he is weak, but he does well in my games at level 11
  • ReneAensland
    Options

@KingB said:
    How to make Freddy good: Literally have the sleep transition interrupt actions.

I like this!