Why do so many of killers dodge lobbies?

potatogamer
potatogamer Member Posts: 27
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I decided to turn off crossplay the other week and I've noticed a couple of oddities about it. First of all queue times have been faster as surv without crossplay which I found weird.

Another nice thing is that I seem to find people closer to my rank. When I had crossplay on I very frequently got green and yellow rank killers and teammates at red rank. Now without crossplay on I usually find other red ranks with the occasional purple.

The last thing is the amount of lobby dodgers. I won't be in a team, I typically check to see if my teammates are swf and they usually aren't. A lot of the time no one will have items or maybe there will be a medkit or toolbox. Yet so many times I've found a lobby and gone through like ten different killers before one stays. Contrasted by when crossplay was on I almost never had a killer leave. Anyone know why?

Comments

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Most of the time its a key or too many item. When i want to do a hag quest i will dodge every single flashlight

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Maybe it's because the people they play with are in a smaller circle without cross play and they myn't recognise a name of someone who is toxic in your lobby.

• potatogamer
    potatogamer Member Posts: 27

Ah I get that, I've rotated a few times with name I recognize.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

If I see a key I don’t feel like getting robbed of a win or being sweaty to tunnel the key bringer

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

That myn't be it but I'm not sure though, I play with cross play but I'd imagine I'd get the same people a lot more if I disabled it.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

keys

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,703

Only reasons I can think of why killers dodge are maybe.

1. All 4 survivors are playing the same character with the same cosmetics.
    2. At least one survivors brings a key.
  • Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

In addition to Keys and obviously coordinated character/outfits; also if they all have extremely expensive cosmetic costumes, Glowy Legacy outfits, they're all triple prestige'd, They're all Twitch streamers, etc.

Basically, if your team appears to be full of people who have put all of their time and money into the game, it's probably going to be a miserable experience for the (almost certainly) overmatched killer that the non-existent matchmaking is trying to line them up against. Of course, sometimes the All Rank 1 SWF deathsquads intentionally just take default skins on default characters specifically to avoid tipping off killers that they should dodge.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

I'm assuming you're on PC? They're probably checking profiles and seeing something that spooks them. Killers dodge for a lot of weird reasons. If you see it happening over and over though, there's a chance it's the same killer. If you ready up again immediately after leaving a lobby with crossplay off, you often get put in the exact same lobby, and it's surprisingly common to meet players who are patient enough to dodge a lobby, but not patient enough to wait for the lobby they just left to fill up.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I don't blame killers that Dodge keys or people known to be toxic

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Probably because of the ping was so bad today

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited June 2021

The only time I lobby dodge is if the game forces me out, ping goes psycho, I have something I need to do, or the survivors look exactly the same.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Often I drop a lobby because I was reading/writing something in another tab and I wanted to finish my business there before starting a game. Oops.

I don't care about keys, but I'll lobby dodge if I see three/four flashlights. It's not that I can't deal with flashlights, it's just a sign to me that these survivors are going to be really obnoxious - either in the 'I have to down all of you just to ######### hook someone' way or the clicky clicky teabag way. I also dodge three/four Dwelfs for the same reason. I don't trust Dwelfs.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I usually only dodge a lobby if there's a blendette (don't feel like playing against invisible survivors), or a legacy cosmetic. The latter is either a hacker or someone with 20 bajillion hours in the game. Not a fun time either way

I don't really blame anyone that dodges keys or a bunch of items, though

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I play at rank 1, if I verse a group of 4 survivors that are all default outfits, they're 100 percent a death squad

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited June 2021

Reading this and seeing that people dodge over outfits is mighty hilarious.

I know getting dodged before the store was a thing for P3 existed but this is hilarious.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If I see a key I bring Franklins and watch them cry when they lose it >.>

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434

For myself

key=2pt

tool box=1pt

medkit=0.5pt

I will dodge the lobby if pt>=2.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

No clue - I have never dodged a lobby. I don't really see the point. Assuming a SWF - uh ok? SWF with keys - uh ok?

I have lost to 4 solos who didn't take any items and beat a 4-man SWF with 4 keys - so I mean you never know. I actually like challenging matches - makes the win feel much better. I see other killers dodge because they don't want to face a certain survivor. I mean all this assuming and fear is funny to me, but hey if that's how you wanna play - so be it.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Killers dodge for all sorts of reasons, as you can see here.

Imagine adding another one with the suggestion of showing SWF in the lobbies before the game.

Baffles my mind.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442
    edited June 2021

Reasons i dodge:

• I see a key and i'm not feeling like playing sweaty
    • I see people with matching names/outfits or obvious SWF type stuff. Usually matching names/outfits tend to be the toxic type of SWF in my experience, who are going to be annoying overall and then be dicks in the endgame chat.
    • I see someone with legacy. 99% of the games i play someone who has legacy, they turn out to be a hacker, so i don't bother and just dodge the match.
    • I see items that directly counter my killer like:
      • 4 medkits as oni
      • flashlights as hag
      • map as trapper
      • etc.
  • shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,523

If you can't be bothered to hit that Ready button to indicate that you're, you know, ready within 40 seconds I'll move onto a group that can.