Why?

FablPlayz
FablPlayz Member Posts: 169

Why do people exist that tunnel at 5 gens?

(Don't comment "ähh just bring DS")

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Because their parents made them.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited June 2021

Me asking killers why the tunnel at 5 gens

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

A) Some people cannot be bothered to adapt and learn from past losses. Maybe they didnt: slug enough / hit different people / end chases....

B) Some people really want to win, maybe they've lost too many games or perhaps they're just sweaty sore winners who must always win or they've failed their parents.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Some folks really want those 4ks. This is a party game that is played way too competitively IMO.

But, often killers go through tremendous amounts of BM in their early games and decide to return the favor in some less than fun tactics.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

If im better and the killer loses the game bc of it, it is fun. If the killer is good enough to beat me consistently, i wouldnt have a chance anyway with my average teammates.

But if they tunnel another survivor, its annoying bc i lose the game. But to be fair i dont expect to win in solo que.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2021

"It's more effecient to sit by a hook while someone goes 'he's camping do gens' then chase 1 guy, have 1 guy save and only 1 other on gens". I do not understand this sentiment at all. And that can't be fun. If that's so common for you that you call it "meta" then why even play killer at this point?

I don't think I ever need to camp as killer unless I massively misplay early game and waste a ton of time making bad plays in my first chase. And I would say that while there's a huge skill disparity in red ranks, 1 in every 50 games maybe ends in more than 2 escapes, if that. Even against good survivors or swfs.

I literally never see an actually good killer camp unless a survivor is blatantly baiting near the hook, and they do well enough as do I.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Just a strategy, really. It can suck but it doesn't happen all that often (in my experience, anyway).

• ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143

Why do survivors tunnel gens?

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

You must first ask yourself are you actually being tunneled? Most survivors don't have enough game awareness to understand when they are actually being tunneled.

Secondly, why should you be allowed to dictate how others play the game? We have all paid for this game and agreed to the TOS. If something is allowed within the game then you are allowed to do it.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

This is true, I never double hook and I've been called a tunneler because a healthy player led me back to an injured player on the edge of the map searching a chest or something.

At that point it isn't tunneling it's making the smarter of the two plays.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,867

You can't expect the people that make threads like tunneling and camping need to be removed to read the tos. Heck, mods and behavior themselves have stated multiple times that these are strategies but entitled survicors say "well I don't care what the devs say. I know I am right amd they need to listen to me!". And you are right survivors are so quick to cry tunneler when it was really their teammate who farmed them for example

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Just 1 hook yourself and move on to your next game.

• ChopChop1000
    ChopChop1000 Member Posts: 6

A lot of the times I single a person out, who I deem to be the weakest link, and tunnel them to tilt the game in my favour.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

It's funny because when I usually get accused of tunneling 8/10 times it's because I'll leave hook, hear the unhook, double back, and the person who I just hooked comes running in my direction and the unhooker is no where to be found. At that point I'm just like, well ######### do you want me to do? You literally ran in to me. Am I supposed to just let you go? No, because that's not my objective. My objective is to kill you. So if you as a survivor has no map awareness and keep running in to the killer expecting to get a high five and a pat on the head, well you'll at least get a head pat from me, but it's gonna be from my weapon going down in to your skull lol.

It's funny, I wonder if the Overwatch forums get things like this "I'm playing mercy and I always get focused on" "Guys can we please stop tunneling the healers and killing them first in team fights please? I'm not having fun dying all the time in team fights." Imagine seeing these pop up over there.

(In before someone links a screenshot of an actual thread like this...)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because people exist that dilute the concept of tunnelling until killers get blamed for existing and therefore decide to commit the actions they are getting blamed for.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

Yeah actually I do enjoy it I get chases and if the killer is bad then its even more fun. Now if the killers good then I have a chance to test my skills and I'm ok with it. Either way as survivor I love chases so I do think its fun :)

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Why should it matter how a person play? If the person ain't hacking then I don't see anything wrong with it.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

If the Killer eliminates one survivor before the 4th gen is done - the Killer wins. So there is no point NOT to tunnel if you can get away with it. If I see no obsession in the game as the Killer (which happens once in a century now) - I tunnel as hard as I can, and always win this way. People are not the problem, the game is.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

By the way, I never respect DS. If the survivors bait me - I just eat DS and receive a free ticket to tunnel that one survivor to the grave without having to worry about DS anymore. Tunneling, even with eating every DS, still wins games. Unfortunately, that's how the game is designed.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

If there's a weak link it's smart to get them out ASAP, if the team are around the hook it's smart to camp.

If I'm in either of those situations and I'm going against a team that's efficient on gens then I'll do it, but if I'm against a bunch of solos then I'll go for hooks because I know I have time to.

Also some people do enjoy camping and playing like that and just because I don't doesn't mean that they are wrong for doing it, if that's how someone wants to play and that's how they enjoy playing then they have every right to enjoy the game however they like.